If You're Not Using a Magic Mouse ...

steviemacdaddy

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2014
Apple's mice have always been some of the best examples of Apple's "form over function" design style.

I use a Logitecch Performance MX mouse - it's miles better for 10 hour per day use.

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
A logitech M510 I got from Costco for $23 a few years ago. Never had any problems with it. Great battery life too.

The 2 on the right are M510's. One for my Mac Mini, the other for my PC. The Silver one (not sure of the model #) is used on my ChromeBox. The others are just spares..

Last edited:

Mak47

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Magic Trackpad.

With all of the gesture controls on the latest Mac OS's using a regular mouse is unthinkable at this point. It's an entirely different and superior experience.

...and no, the non-Apple trackpads aren't the same.

thedeske

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2013
Kensington Trackball since 96. Me and 8-10 others I know ;)
Mac mice stay in the box untouched.

krawfo

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2011
Thanks for all the feedback. I just purchased a Logitech m525 mouse. It appeared that this is one of the few Logitech models that says MAC on the box. I got it home and was hoping to load their SetPoint software in order to re-program the mouse. It turns out that SetPoint is Windows only and the only gesture that this mouse supports in OSX is scrolling via the mouse wheel. BIG DEAL! What a major disappointment. I use Magic Perfs on my Apple mouse and it lets me do all kinds of great things.
In particular, I want to reprogram the scroll wheel with actions for a left or right push of the scroll wheel and click of the scroll wheel. Anyone know of an app that will work in Mavericks to do this with a Logitech mouse?

jruschme

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2011
Brick, NJ
Odd... Logitech has Mac software for their mice. It's called Logitech Control Center. Try looking at the downloads for a similar mouse (e.g. m510).

Worst case is that LCC will say there are no Logitech mice attached, but I suspect that it will detect yours just fine.

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
Bay Area, Ca.
Oh man, right now I'm really on an Apple/Mac swing, I want to apple-ize everything lol. I was thinking about how pretty the magic mouse is compared to my giant Performance MX.

It's so big I purchased an Anywhere MX for christmas! Strange enough, the PMX is a much better mouse >> so I live with its large size and use the AMX when I'm on the go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.