Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Well, for what it's worth, I finally got mine and installed it. Must say, I like this one a lot. Previous ones I've used have been cheap glass protectors. This one seems a bit nicer and it works with my case.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
Is it confirmed that the touch sensitivity is bad on these? Have it in my cart and wondering if I should buy or not.
I'm surprised to hear people having touch issues.. Mine on the plus is so sensitive and I have no problems. I love it. I posted when I got it, it's been awhile. I wish I could afford to buy one for my granddaughter's 6!

Biggs91276

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2014
Kansas
Well, for what it's worth, I finally got mine and installed it. Must say, I like this one a lot. Previous ones I've used have been cheap glass protectors. This one seems a bit nicer and it works with my case.

What case are you using with the iloome?

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
What case are you using with the iloome?

81zmbTadWFL._SL1500_.jpg

ptahkeem

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2010
No air gaps, complete seal. Anywhere between .2mm and .33mm. We're toying with the thickness right now.

what will the gap be sealed with? will it be glass that contours the curved edge of the iphone screen, silicon adhesive or will it be a rubber ring? specifics would be nice. thank you!

shamashu

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2014
what will the gap be sealed with? will it be glass that contours the curved edge of the iphone screen, silicon adhesive or will it be a rubber ring? specifics would be nice. thank you!

No air gaps, complete seal. Anywhere between .2mm and .33mm. We're toying with the thickness right now.

As for the Amazon inquiry, I'll see what I can do to expedite the matter. We're very short-handed right now and we've been trying to answer all the customer inquiries (Our employees, however, gets weekend off so that they can spend their time with friends and families.). Sorry for the delay in response and we'll be sure to answer back!

@iLoome, is this how it looks like? Image "A" or Image "B"?

Attachments

• temperedglass.JPG
    temperedglass.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 168
  • temperedglassnoairgap.JPG
    temperedglassnoairgap.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 170

Smacky

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2008
Still fairly happy with mine, it has been installed several weeks now.
It tends to accumulate dust under and around the edge of the lip, which can be noticeable with a black border. Also to the sides of the home button because the air gap that runs around the screen opens up there.
But I like the feel of the glass, and it very oil resistant.

fjd726

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2011
Can you update us on the screen sensitivity on this? some reviews are saying that it lacks responsiveness when swiping up the control center and notification ctr. Just want to make sure before I buy one.

iloomeOfficial

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2013
Can you update us on the screen sensitivity on this? some reviews are saying that it lacks responsiveness when swiping up the control center and notification ctr. Just want to make sure before I buy one.

We're investigating this matter right now and it seems that very select few units are having this issue. That being said, if anyone has touch sensitivity issues within the first 180 days, please let us know and we'll be more than happy to provide a return/refund for it, as it's definitely not normal.

pk0

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2009
We're investigating this matter right now and it seems that very select few units are having this issue. That being said, if anyone has touch sensitivity issues within the first 180 days, please let us know and we'll be more than happy to provide a return/refund for it, as it's definitely not normal.

I also have issues with touch sensitivity especially on the bottom. What do we do if it was purchased through Amazon?

Foggydog

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2014
Left Coast
Hello iLomeofficial,
My screen protector for my 6 plus has arrived and waiting for me to get home to install and set up my phone.
My question, is this the final design, or are you making a thinner screen?
Thanks in advance.
:)

wizmaster

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2012
I don't have touch sensitivies. You might have a defective one?

I have it on with my neo hybrid - and its been normal and feels like it is not even there.

The only time I feel the protector is due to the home button not being covered. Also it would be nice if the protection when around the home button and not have the U shape.

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO
Image B.

Also, current model of ScreenMate will be compatible with our own iloome hybrid cases which we should officially announce next week :)

Will the new & improved ScreenMate be totally compatible with the Apple leather case? My ZAGG Glass has finally started to chip at the edges...and I need a replacement.

iloomeOfficial

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2013
Hello iLomeofficial,
My screen protector for my 6 plus has arrived and waiting for me to get home to install and set up my phone.
My question, is this the final design, or are you making a thinner screen?
Thanks in advance.
:)

Currently, it's a final design for at least several months.

For those who have ordered on Amazon and still having issues, you can still contact our support team! :)

shamashu

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2014
@iloome, i ordered a total of 6 pcs in one month time in amazon, can have a discount on my next order? :)

shamashu

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2014
image 2. in japan, there is a full coverage all transparent tempered glass covering the curved glass, .23mm and .33mm available...

image 1... "leplus" brand, same with iloome. wondering who copy who?

image 3. side by side of the two.

credits to the owner of the photos "rondolor"

Attachments

• U5nyiz.jpg
    U5nyiz.jpg
    538.9 KB · Views: 230
  • vBIc8q.jpg
    vBIc8q.jpg
    598.1 KB · Views: 215
  • Qc5c3z.jpg
    Qc5c3z.jpg
    700.2 KB · Views: 269

z06gal

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2011
I bought my nephew on iLoome protector for his 6 plus for his birthday. He loves the fit and it did its job. He dropped it and the bottom left corner of the protector is cracked but the phone screen is perfect ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0172.jpg
    IMG_0172.jpg
    694.7 KB · Views: 156

got556

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2013
Indiana
OP here. G/F broke another one....so now I have officially bought three, and may be purchasing at least one more. Not sure if she is dropping it perfect to crack every time or it's not a good design.

This time the cat knocked it off the ottoman (so she says) and it took about a two foot fall. Small crack on the mid to bottom left that goes about halfway across. You can only really see the crack on white backgrounds. :mad:

She is terrible with phones.

Noticed some of you using the clear UAG case with your protectors. Would love to know how. Every time I tried, the protector would lift up. :(

I have a 6+ coming tomorrow to see if I like it better than the 6 so may be ditching the 6.

RodDavies

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2014
Oh dear, we'll get that taken care of. Sorry for any inconvenience!

We've been working on something prettier in terms of tempered glass for iPhone 6 (and with less defects!) so I just want to check how much demand there is for the following:

That's the new sample we made yesterday and we're considering it to be our 2nd generation tempered glass for iPhone 6. What do you guys think? Obviously, it's not going to be immediately available, but we're hoping to get it out before 2014 is over if you guys like it.

THIS one looks fantastic....the home button is cutout, right, so you have a circular hole over the fingerprint sensor? But what's up with 4 holes on the top???? There seems to be an extra one?

Rgds
Rod
Perth
Australia

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.