Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

got556

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2013
Indiana
Post a picture of the iPhone! seeing it do its job is one thing but seeing the phone "unscathed" is important!

Well the new one will be here today for her phone. So I'll take some pics. My black one went back in the box as I enjoy this UAG case for a bit and figure out what I want to do with it.

shamashu

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2014
Hi can someone post a picture of ringke fusion case with iLoome iphone 6? Are they compatible? Thanks

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
My experience so far with my iPhone 6 Plus.

The black edge doesn't really bother me, I did get a speck of dust in the line going around the iPhone upon installation (steamy bathroom install), also when I used the phone the edge bothered my ear (didn't like the edge touching my ear depending how I held my phone). Also edges bother my hand (can you guys round the edges some how?)

I ended up putting my iPhone leather case on and so far it's great with it on. The edges don't bother me at all. No lifting issues for me so I must of got it almost right the first time (It isn't perfect, it's just a hair left when you use the home button as a reference)

So far with the apple leather case on I like it, you can't really tell its on aside from the home button.

Suggestions for v2 you guys are making(contracting?) rounded edges so they aren't as sharp and/or if possible thinner. Like the iPad air flex. Otherwise the screen is smooth, smoother than the iPad air flex or iPhone 5s flex imo, like the iPhone 6 plus screenmate reminded me of a normal iPhone screen than the flex did.

-Tortri

Ngwidener

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2012
My wife's isn't sticking on the top right corner and it's really annoying. Anyone else have this problem and been able to fix it?

iloomeOfficial

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2013
My wife's isn't sticking on the top right corner and it's really annoying. Anyone else have this problem and been able to fix it?

Just a heads up - you send a picture & Order ID #, and we'll get you the refund for any defects that you guys are experiencing. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience and we're working on the 2nd version. I'll put up another picture of another prototype without ANY colors (it's a prototype still, so it's not perfect).

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
Well i had it on for a few days and this happen this morning. I am a bit concerned of the glass shards, no damage was done for me but i carefully got the glass shards off. But otherwise did its job.

-Tortri

Attachments

• IMG_0086.JPG
    IMG_0086.JPG
    1,011.5 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_0087.JPG
    IMG_0087.JPG
    996.7 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0088.JPG
    IMG_0088.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0089.JPG
    IMG_0089.JPG
    832.9 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0090.JPG
    IMG_0090.JPG
    937.8 KB · Views: 181

Biggs91276

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2014
Kansas
Well earlier in a post I had mentioned tha I went back to my zagg glass because of the lack of response and clarity from my iloome I had on... Well my friend ended up not wanting his so he gave me his onyx black iloome and I tried it on again and I must say this one is a lot better than mine. I don't know if I had a bad one or if the new on is revised but it's way better clarity is great and touch response is accurate. Glad I'm back to using the iloome screen protector

iloomeOfficial

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2013
Hi guys, I hope you guys had a great Halloween.

I just want to give you a quick update on 2nd generation iloome ScreenMate for iPhone 6.

Here are some new prototype pictures:

Uc220Uo.jpg

WFsLV7N.jpg

Yes, those are CLEAR CURVED glass. We feel this is a huge step up in glass screen protection :) BUT it probably won't be available for couple months at least, as we're still developing/perfecting the technology.

rennerarruda

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2014
Japan

I just want to give you a quick update on 2nd generation iloome ScreenMate for iPhone 6.

Yes, those are CLEAR CURVED glass. We feel this is a huge step up in glass screen protection :) BUT it probably won't be available for couple months at least, as we're still developing/perfecting the technology.

wow! it looks great! how about the thickness? how much mm??

Thanks!

shamashu

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2014

That is beautiful. Pls. Cover the buttom of touch id :(

Does the edge stick lips to lips with iphone 6's curved glass? Or still there are air gap?

javacafe1

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2014
to iloome

i sent you guys an email to your inbox and on amazon last week and have had no response.

LFCYNWA

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2012
i sent you guys an email to your inbox and on amazon last week and have had no response.

Likewise, I still haven't received a response either

----------

]

I am still waiting for a response from you guys on Amazon, I sent a message last friday

iloomeOfficial

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2013
That is beautiful. Pls. Cover the buttom of touch id :(

Does the edge stick lips to lips with iphone 6's curved glass? Or still there are air gap?

No air gaps, complete seal. Anywhere between .2mm and .33mm. We're toying with the thickness right now.

As for the Amazon inquiry, I'll see what I can do to expedite the matter. We're very short-handed right now and we've been trying to answer all the customer inquiries (Our employees, however, gets weekend off so that they can spend their time with friends and families.). Sorry for the delay in response and we'll be sure to answer back!

Will2145

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2012
Vancouver, Canada

May I suggest you guys try to attempt to cover the whole home button with this one as it is thinner? Think it would look a lot better and deal maker.

Last edited:

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2006
UK
Effect on touchscreen sensitivity

This review shows problems with touch screen sensitivity with the iLoome protector on. Look at 3 mins in.

I have not seen this mentioned before, (but not searched hard) so is this an issue?

Apologies if already covered.

Biggs91276

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2014
Kansas
Anyone know if the ringke fusion will work with the iloome screen protector? And if it'll fit in the platinum series holster?

boto

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2012
This review shows problems with touch screen sensitivity with the iLoome protector on. Look at 3 mins in.

I have not seen this mentioned before, (but not searched hard) so is this an issue?

I second this. I have also experienced some unresponsiveness when swiping the control center or notification center in and out after installing the iloome screen protector.

B737

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
NJ

I removed my iloome and tossed it after 24 hours due to this.

Also the "curved" feature is not that dramatic and creates pretty tall edge at top and bottom of the iPhone screen.

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
Guess this shield was hustled out the door too soon, trying to get into iPhone 6 release frenzy. One of their reps (in this thread I believe) also mentioned that they're doing a complete revision soon.

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali

I've been trying to get my the look to seat but the edges are lifting on the glass section. Any ideas or suggestions?

Last edited:

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali

I've been trying to get my the look to seat but the edges are lifting on the glass section. Any ideas or suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    679.5 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:

waxlabo

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2014

Unfortunately the curved edges on the iPhone 6/6+ screens are not all the same, some curve more than others which is why this happens. :(

fjd726

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2011
Is it confirmed that the touch sensitivity is bad on these? Have it in my cart and wondering if I should buy or not.

Biggs91276

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2014
Kansas
Is it confirmed that the touch sensitivity is bad on these? Have it in my cart and wondering if I should buy or not.

Actually yes there is a issue with touch screen sensitivity I had mine on for awhile and noticed it more and more with having to touch the on screen buttons repeatedly to get it to register my touch. So I have since taken it off and installed my zagg glass back on

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
Anyone know if the ringke fusion will work with the iloome screen protector? And if it'll fit in the platinum series holster?

Given that my BSE started peeling from using the Fusion, i'd say the iLoome would cause some issues as well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.