Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

"I'm a PC" Ad Images Made on a Mac

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Computerworld reports that several of the "I'm a PC" ad images that were posted to Microsoft's website were created on a Mac.
Four of the images that Microsoft made available on its PressPass site today display the designation "Adobe Photoshop C3 Macintosh" when their file properties are examined. The images appear to be frames from the television ads that Microsoft will launch later today.
The images likely originated from the Crispin Porter + Bogusky ad agency that is responsible for the campaign.

Article Link

tmoore049

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2008
if Microsoft is now "Life without walls" then why the hell would anybody need Windows?

Comment

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
All the people in the ad might be saying "I am a PC," but the people who made these images and videos sure as hell aren't. Got to love that, haha.

Comment

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Well, it's not like MS made them on a mac by themselves. It's an ad agency. Regardless of what they believe/do/use they're just filling a client request.

Comment

bobertoq

macrumors 6502a
Feb 29, 2008
Not sure what exactly to make of it. It's not really a big deal, and it's kind of to be expected, but, then again, I have no idea why. Slightly ironic, either way.
I'm not to surprised either. It's ironic, though. Just like how Bill Gate's personalized 100 million dollar house was designed on a Mac. Ahaha.

Comment

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Ironic.

Most video production is done on Macs. In my opinion not a big deal. On the other hand it's pretty sure that most Apple products are designed using CAD software in windows at some stage. ;)

There's CAD software for Mac. Google's SketchUp, AutoCAD (I think this is cross platform...) uhhh... I don't use CAD software so I don't really know any others. (I tinkered in SketchUp and there was an architecture class in school that used AutoCAD.)

Comment

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
AutoCAD is more common and yes, its an windows only product.

But its funny how Microsoft does Photoshop based ads using Macs when theres a Windows version available.

Comment

skwoytek

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2005
Looks like Crispin Porter + Bogusky did some house cleaning last night as well.

Yesterday their Interactive Jobs page listed the following for their Design Technologist / Interactive Designer (Boulder, CO) position:

Did you dream of harnessing telekinetic power as a child? Did you stare at your Transformers lunchbox for hours on end in a desperate attempt to invoke even the slightest fit of movement? Did you wise up, get a Mac and a lifetime subscription to Adobe, and send your lunchbox on an exploratory mission to the Martian poles or the strip club down the street? If so, do you think you could send us your portfolio?

Now it reads...

Did you dream of harnessing telekinetic power as a child? Did you stare at your Transformers lunchbox for hours on end in a desperate attempt to invoke even the slightest fit of movement? Did you wise up, get a water-cooled PC tricked out with Vista and a lifetime subscription to Adobe, and send your lunchbox on an exploratory mission to the Martian poles or the strip club down the street? If so, do you think you could send us your portfolio?

You can still (as of 9/19/08) find the original "Wise up and get a Mac" version on an alternate version of the Crispin Porter + Bogusky site...

The http://www.cpbgroup.com/i-jobs.html was edited.
The http://cpbgroup.com/i-jobs.html was not.

_

Attachments

• wiseuptomac.png
    wiseuptomac.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 776
Comment

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
Well, it's not like MS made them on a mac by themselves. It's an ad agency. Regardless of what they believe/do/use they're just filling a client request.

As well as several celebs hired to portray PCs including Eva Longoria Parker, Pharrell Williams, Deepak Chopra, astronaut Bernard Harris, and not to mention, Jerry Seinfeld, who all use a Mac.

Comment

daveporter

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2006
Green Cove Springs, FL
Lets see, first no one wanted their bloated crappy Vista, then no one wanted their Seinfield commercials, now they their own ad agency doesn't use Vista or M$ software to create their ads. What is left for M$ to screw up? Its going to be fun to see what's next.

They are giving Apple so much material for new Apple ads that we should see some really funning new "I'm a MAC" commercials soon. I can't wait for the one where MAC walks in unannounced on PC and catches him trying to make a commercial using Adobe software on a MAC.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.