All iPads I'm angry with Apple, and Disappointed (Safari reloading tabs)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by NeoiPad, Dec 8, 2013.

1. NeoiPad, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013

NeoiPad macrumors member

UPDATE:

I can confirm you that Apple has fixed this issue in iOS 7.1 Beta 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8LC_8jFYGo

This is stressful

I have an iPad Air and I CAN'T DO anything in Safari. ANYTHING
    If I'm composing a message in a board, and I switch to another tab, when I come back to the previous tab, it reloads

This is very annoying and I'm tired of this
    Steve Jobs said that the iPad had the best browsing experience, but this is not true

And I forgot to mention the constant crashes of Safari. 3 or 4 times a day since I have the iPad Air
    I used to love Apple, but not anymore

2. red321red321 macrumors regular

I had the same problem with the iPad 1. Could only open a few tabs before a crash. I'm now using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 with a ton of memory and never have such issues.

3. Jambalaya macrumors 6502a

Sorry to hear that. I am still using my iPad1 every day, had it since just after launch. Fabulous and I always have lots of tabs open. Never used up my 64gb of memory. I've never a second's thought to getting any other tablet.

----------

ANYTHING - not prone to exaggeration perhaps ?

4. NeoiPad thread starter macrumors member

I don't like Android tablets because of the input lag of the display

----------

Maybe, cause now I'm very angry

I tried to copy links from one tab to another 5 TIMES, and I did not succeed
    iPad did not let me

5. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

After reading ALL your posts. I would recommend reducing the stress in your life. I can't find anything you like. It must be a miserable existence.

Really, either learn to live with the iPad or get rid of it. The constant rants are not healthy.

6. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

I was on here right after I got the Air on launch day complaining about crashes and I honestly have to say over the last two or so weeks Safari has been tremendously better. It was crashing multiple times a day and now I can't remember the last time it crashed. I don't know if this was the .4 update or me or something else.

As for reloading tabs, it still does that. I could see how that'd be annoying on messaging boards, why not get the Tapatalk app?

7. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Can't blame Steve anymore...

But I, too, am ready for a fix to Safari crashes. Just not as dramatically ready as you are.

8. Charliebird macrumors 6502a

Have you opened up a ticket with Apple support?

9. NeoiPad thread starter macrumors member

It would be useless

There are a lot of threads like this, with people having the same problems as mine

It's an iOS 7 issue, and Apple should fix this ASAP

10. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

Return. Buy a samsung. Quit posting here.

11. NeoiPad thread starter macrumors member

No, cause I think this is a software issue

Samsung? No way.
    Android? NO WAY

12. ScottW1 macrumors regular

Yet somehow you thought another thread here just like the others would not be useless. Please explain.

13. tl01 macrumors 65816

While refreshing tabs are annoying... they certainly wouldn't drive me this crazy. I don't find I have such a severe issue with my Air. Sometimes it does reload and that's okay... other times it doesn't.

I think it is time you put the iPad back in the box and return it to the apple store. Clearly you aren't having a very good experience with it.

14. aristobrat macrumors G4

Hopefully it's fixed in the 7.1 beta. Perhaps you can ask in one of those threads.

15. NeoiPad thread starter macrumors member

Maybe, and only maybe, if Apple sees a lot of threads talking about this issue, they will hurry up fixing the problem

16. Charliebird macrumors 6502a

Agreed but pressing the issue by opening support tickets will help expedict the issue.

17. g35 macrumors 6502a

If you're not willing to vote with your wallet, don't seriously expect Apple to change a thing.

18. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

I think Steve did well in designing the device to minimize spec and still have a smooth usage experience.

Ipad 1 was revolutionary, Ipad 2 was even better at the time because none of the apps are eating up so much ram causes the pages to reloads all the time.

Now its 2013, many many apps are resource hungry and Ipad 2013 is still offering us only 1 gb ram to save cost for Tim Cook to pleased shareholders. Soon no one will spend 499 for a tablet that can't run more than 1 web page.

19. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

One problem with that logic: Apple doesn't look at these threads. They DO look at bug reports and support tickets.

Posting here and expecting Apple to see it and do something is worse than useless, if you don't back that up by contacting Apple support and registering your frustration directly.

If that doesn't motivate you, then think of it as a stress reliever, getting to rant at someone working for Apple.

20. Misskitty macrumors 6502

Sounds like a fanboy to me. Not even open to anything not Apple.

21. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

If it was iOS 7 then everyone would be having it. I for one am not. And I bet there are many others that are.

Return the iPad. End of all your issues. Get a nice net book instead

22. NeoiPad thread starter macrumors member

A fanboy?
    I have had a HTC Desire, a Galaxy Nexus, two Nexus 4, and a Note 2, and I'm tired of android and samsung

23. tandeh macrumors regular

24. Charliebird macrumors 6502a

That's why we're here on MacRumors, it's an Apple enthusiast website.

25. snow755 macrumors 6502a

snow755

I got in my iPad air in black at Walmart on Thursday. And I have not had not one bug with safari I use only one tab And safari works vary well