Im going back to 3G s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alexjones, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Alexjones macrumors 6502

I had the Iphone 4, But i did not like it. I downgraded my phone back to 3Gs. I love this phone.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

What did you find that didn't suit you with the iPhone 4?

3. Joined:
    Jul 1, 2007
    I could never go back to the speed of the 3GS after using my iPhone 4, but to each his own...

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

If the 3GS has a front camera - I'd get that over 4. Personally, I like the external looks of the 3GS more than the 4. I find the 4 to be too squarish but it's personal preference.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I would also like to hear what made you go back to the 3GS.

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Thank you for your detailed post. I can see exactly why you decided to go back, it makes perfect sense since you explained it so well.

facebook.com/

7. GoCubsGo, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2011

GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

However, I seriously doubt I'd want to hang with a 3GS after using the iPhone 4. I like the look and feel of the iP4 more myself.

8. ryno2292 macrumors member

Same here, I still have both my 4 and my old 3GS. If I could have the 3GS exterior with a front camera and the retina display it would be great. Sometimes I still use my 3GS but man it's tough for me to go back to it after being used to the screen on the 4.

9. aaps59 macrumors regular

aaps59

Your not the only one brother. Ive been considering doing that too, but for different reasons. I could get over 500 bucks for my iPhone 4, I'm considering buying an iPad 2 with that money and getting a 3Gs from a friend and using that temp till june. I guess Il just wait and see if the iPad 2 is worth so much trouble...

10. zenio macrumors 6502

Brilliant decision!

Had I not sold my 3GS ahead of the release day arrival of my iPhone 4, I would be switching back as well.

I've had every iPhone so far and this is a very bug ridden model. I'm on my 3rd as of an hour ago. Each problem confirmed by the genious at the Apple Store near me. Oh well, at least I don't have to rely on it as I have a stellar EVO I'm really enjoying.

It's at times like this I'm so glad I always have more than one. My smartphone / tech addiction pays off. My dear friend Apple is losing it's luster as quality slips, and profits mean more to them than customers.

Fortified by massive sales to "The Gullibles" that will buy anything, Apple and their followers use the sales numbers as the smoke & mirrors to hide behind. What a travesty.

11. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Good for you, but why?

12. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

OK, you just posted in another thread that you just got a Verizon iPhone and said that you supposedly tried to call your wife and dropped the call because of the non-existent "antenna issue".

I call horsehockey

13. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Thanks for letting us know, I wasn't sure I'd get through the day without knowing this.

14. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Why? :confused:
    I have a 3GS right now and I want to move up to the iPhone 4.

15. cootersgarage6, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2011

I could see why

I could see why, but only because of it's design.

16. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

If anything I'd go back to my 2G, the 3G really didn't do it for me design wise. The 4 looks great so it's not an issue for me.

17. Johnny Gilligan macrumors member

Johnny Gilligan

Fair play to you in calling horsehockey! NICE!!!

18. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

In another thread you were discussing the imminent arrival of your Verizon iPhone...

Welcome to "The Gullibles." How's it feel?

19. cookiesnfooty macrumors 6502

cookiesnfooty

I love the new design

20. Alexjones thread starter macrumors 6502

My reason why i think the 3GS is better is that it has a much more solid feel to it. I dropped my iphone4 and it shattered. There is just something about the 3GS that gives you that " Good feeling". I cant explain it.

21. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Well don't drop it...Problem solved. ;)

I do love the look and feel of the iPhone 4 so much better than the older versions. I love the glass on both sides and the squarer look. But it's definitely a personal preference.

Though I'm not sure how my eyes would adjust to the non-retina. I read a lot on my phone and when I look at my friends' 3GS' it just seems so much duller.

22. Alexjones thread starter macrumors 6502

I said that to myself constantly.. Dont drop it. Unfortunately, Gravity wins out sometimes.

23. elan123 macrumors 6502

do any of these threads actually help get you through the day? because if so, you have problems.

24. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

So do I, but whenever I pick up a 3GS in the store, it feels more natural in my hand than the 4.