I'm going caseless...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cod3rror, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

I'm not sure if this forum is the right place for this thread or whether I should create it in the accessories section but anyways...

I'm using an Incase Slider case, a heavy case that adds bulk and width to the phone and covers the whole iPhone and I was thinking, it's not like I'm going to keep this iPhone forever, maximum two years, till Apple stops proving the updates for this model. And when the time to sell it comes, no one will pay more for it because it's in a good condition, at least that's how people here in Ireland are, if the technology is old, no one is willing to pay a bit more for a well kept product, so you'll sell it for the same price as other used iPhones.

So what's the point in having a case? A heavy case?

I'm either going caseless or will get a very light case like an Incipio Feather one.

Then of course there is the art of wabi sabi...

[​IMG]

What's your reason and justification for having a case other than for protection?

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

i use a case with a leather back gives me great grip on the phone i find when its caseless, its slide threw my hands easily

but i do agree with you, i dont baby it to make it worth more, ill run this phone till its useless to anyone that get another phone

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I switch between a case depending on my mood and/or what I'll be doing. For example, I'll go caseless on a normal day but if I am going to skateboard, then I'll just throw on a case.

At first, I got my case to avoid scratches , but you're going to get scratches anyways so no point.

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I use a case just to avoid scratches especially since my phone often ends up in the same pocket as my keys. I may get rid of the case eventually but for now it stays.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

lots of threads here about going naked polls etc.. I use a case for personality moods as well as some etc protection. Right now I'm rocking a Bruce Lee case. any way good luck. please keep us updated on this I will be subscribing to this thread and waiting to here more.

6. wikus macrumors 68000

wikus

Cases on items that are supposed to be portable defeat the purpose. Nearly every case known is both ugly and fat.

Instead of people going out and making their devices look botched, companies like Apple could simply, you know, make a durable product?

7. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

For the normal day, I don't use a case. If I plan on being away from my home for more than a day or if I plan on being out in public for more than a few hours then I'll usually throw on a case or at least have it with me in case I want it.

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

How so? How about people stop being so clumsy and dropping their stuff? I mean, there's an option for a plastic cup if you can't hold a glass one without breaking it, you can always just buy a cheaper cell phone that you can break (owned 2G, 3G, and 4, all dropped on everything from carpet to concrete with no breaks or noticeable damage).

9. wikus macrumors 68000

wikus

Remember the days of Apple releasing iPods with their EasyScratch™ surface? Those days aren't exactly over.

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It's durable enough without the case, a case can also let people customize their phone which would be more difficult to do if apple made a bigger more durable phone.

11. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I've used this case for the past year and its excellent. Doesn't even feel like there's a case on and very nice grip to it.

12. mms13 macrumors 6502

I used that one for a while. I loved the size and feel of it, but eventually it started cracking in the corners. Also the clear is a downside cause you see every speck of dust that builds up under it.

13. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I love the combo of a thin case and Invisible Shield. And i just recently found the perfect case.. Pinlo Slice 3. Thinnest case on the market. Doesn't add much thickness at all, and offers protection from scratches, which is what I care most about. I've had it now for about a month, and no complaints at all.

14. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I use a case for general protection at school. I don't want to shell out £179 or whatever it is for a broken screen.

15. Cod3rror thread starter macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

That's a very good point regarding the clear cases and dust.

16. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I've never seen you post anything nice. :p

17. YaBoiD macrumors regular

YaBoiD

18. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

Do you have scratches on your stainless steel band?

19. dickdaney macrumors regular

20. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I like to use my phone naked, but want some protection from scratches, especially if I carry it in my pocket.

I use a Sena Ultraslim Case. It's a snug, leather pouch that adds ZERO BULK, IMO looks great, and protects the phone from scratches. It's velvet lined, so no scratching slipping it in and out of case.

It's very snug when you first use it, but after a few days of use, like any leather product, it stretches.

It provides some drop protection, but mostly allows you to use your phone naked with zero bulk protection.

21. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

I use naked at home, but when I go out to heavy places like amusement parks, beach, BBQ or w/e, I put an Incase Snap on my phone.

22. vebs macrumors regular

I'm using a casemate barely there case, it's about as minimal as you can get and has saved my phone on two occasions when I've dropped it on the pavement whilst a little under the influence.

23. Paulshaqz macrumors 6502a

i went caseless and just added full body screen protection and i'm happy it's naked! lol

24. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

Love my phone with no case, never been a big fan of iPhone cases. I do drop the phone a lot though, but it hasn't broken yet! :cool: