I'm happily in 2.2.1 where it's nice and safe!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheSpaz, Mar 18, 2009.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

That's right. The new craze is 3.0 and lots of people are becoming developers, or using someone elses dev account or stealing it from P2P sites, but I am happily still on 2.2.1 and it's such a rock-solid OS right now.

New bugs? Laggier? Testing? No thanks... I'll stay on 2.2.1 until 3.0 is out for the public.

By the way... I wish I had the SDK so that I could at least try out copy and paste in the simulator. I wanna see how easy or hard it is.

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

No offense man, you know were cool and all, but this is one of the most pointless threads today.

3.0 isnt really a craze, only a few hundred on this site are even bothering with the beta.

3. taran420 macrumors 6502a

yea really not a craze. Im testing the beta because i like to test new things, its just in me, lol....just like i will buy any new version of iphone that comes out.

Copy paste is really cool. I've been playing with it, and even though a bit buggy right now, i think it will be a great success

4. Pared macrumors 65816

And it doesn't even have 3.0 in the title!

5. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Yeah, I suppose it was kind of a dumb thread, but 2.2.1 is so stable and fast... why would you want to go back to a really buggy system? Why not wait until the real developers report all the bugs and kinks so that Apple can fix them before 3.0 is released?

6. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I haven't experienced any more issues in 3.0 than I did in 2.2.1. So much for that argument but other people may have different experiences.

7. tasset macrumors 6502a

So far I'm pleasantly surprised with the stability. 2.0 was buggy as HELL during beta and quite honestly a rocky launch with the 3G.
    But the only issues I have so far with 3.0 are flakiness of MMS and copy/paste which I'm sure will be smoothed out.

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

There area ALOT of "real developers" on these forums. Dont forget that apple has essentially redefined what a "real developer" is with the SDK as well.

9. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Exactly. They don't have as many bugs to iron out this time it seems.

10. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Which I agree is fantastic, but i do like that they are giving themselves so much buffer time to iron out anything that arrises.

I vastly prefer the "get it done right" method to the "get it now so people will stop bitching" method.:)

11. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Of course. That's what they're doing this time around. Steve was greatly embarrassed by the disaster of last July and wants to avoid that at all costs. Remember the reports from the iPod event where they said they could hear Steve's teeth gnashing because of his anger over 2.0? Yea, they want to avoid that this time.

12. dilipc macrumors newbie

I'm quite satisfied with my 2.2.1 too. Everything runs fast enough for me, and it's bug-free. :)

13. kenkamm macrumors regular

Congrats. Thanks for sharing your opinions. Again. And again. And again.

Because it's FUN to try out new things, man! Just leave it be! You don't need to post your continual self-justification of everything you do.

14. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Damn Spaz! Do you have a compulsion for starting pointless annoying threads all about yourself?

15. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

Then why make the thread. As it looks your not a developer so there is no point in you having it anyway... YES it laggy, because it's a BETA for DEVELOPERS... I don't get why some of the end-user thinks that this was for them. 2.2.1 is not only where you feel safe it's where you belong

16. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Lol tuff, he chose a fitting username, hes got to live up to it.

17. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I'm right with you, OP. I downloaded the Safari 4 beta, and one thing it's missing is whatever allows me to click a + on my bank's Web site and expand stuff from my account. Major suckage. Luckily, I also have Firefox, but I don't want to try that with my friggin' iPhone. The thing I was most intrigued by were the apps that developers can make with the new SDK, so it's not like I'm missing out on anything.

18. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Thats why you dont use a beta for your primary anything. The point of beta is to FIND the bugs.

19. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Im not even sure i'm gonna update to 3.0 when it ships...will probably wait till 3.1 or something

2.2 is still the best 2.x firmware whilst 1.1.4 is the best 1.x firmware

20. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Agreed

21. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

It's a lot cheaper too!

22. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

dont forget though, the iPhone population is alot more skewed on these forums

Most of the people I know who own an Iphone don't even know that 3.0 was announced

23. zachplaysguitar macrumors 6502

zachplaysguitar

I actually think it's pretty solid. Not perfect but really good for a beta.

24. MartiNZ macrumors 65816

MartiNZ

The main reason I'd be keen to get to try it on my iPhone right now is to see if it fixes the WiFi, which does not work -at all- in 2.2.1. I've had two replacement devices with the same problem, and according to the rest of the growing group with the issue, it's to do with the baseband, which gets another update in 3.0.

Other things would just be cool - not having to use a dongle for my bluetooth headphones; being able to turn off sms reminders; that sort of thing.

25. bradenwh macrumors 6502

Apparently so. He can't seem to quit.