iPhone XS I'm on my 16th iPhone Xs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PumpkingKing, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I would highly disagree. My iPhone XS was perfect (And yes, I definitely inspected it). My AirPods and iPad were perfect in my last purchase.

There are perfect products out there, but with anything that is produced into a large quantities like the iPhone, there also will be high number of defects as well, that’s just the nature of Tech in general.

2. purged, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  3. rmarinheira macrumors member

Is this a real argument?

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Absolutely!

5. rmarinheira macrumors member

[

6. Ffosse macrumors 68000

My XS Max and XR both seem to be perfect in that nothing is wrong with them - no dings, no dust under the camera lens et.

7. DJ_Smith macrumors regular

DJ_Smith

My wife’s not perfect. now look at 79 her eyesight is weak and continuesly go to pee. She’s also diabetic :(

8. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

Yes of course you do. And every two to three years you sell her on Craig’s list and get a newer, thinner model.

9. magicschoolbus macrumors 65816

magicschoolbus

10. Furzul macrumors 6502

Furzul

Don’t worry, I do not think there is such a thing as a perfect wife. They all have little defects, bless them.

11. DJ_Smith macrumors regular

DJ_Smith

Actually it’s opposite. She’s getting thicker every year :D

12. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Better let the op take a look lol

13. Furzul macrumors 6502

Furzul

I take it she does not read this forum. For your sake, I hope not.

14. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

But her battery life is getting slightly better.

15. tr1ad macrumors newbie

I'd praise apple here for the level of customer service, as they're still at it with you OP.

If the reps are seeing the same as you, then it can't be chalked up to OCD.

I'd question their QA/QC... And even those here that are just defending apple ...

Paying a premium ... It should be flawless ... Give or take the exception based on quantity / mass production...

Hopefully it'll be sorted out for you

16. HOTBOBA macrumors newbie

I just returned a few and I'm calling it quits, no 16 iphones for me, maybe next year Apple.

The last one I received literally had paint chip/chip in the metal out of the box.

I applaud Apple for their no-frills return policy though. I can't think of a better experience in that area.

But it's a $1200 phone. I expect it to be reasonably defect-free.

17. Radon87000 macrumors 604

The other day I had ordered a Kindle Oasis. First one’s USB port was defective. Second one had dust under the screen. The third one had a nauseous yellow tint at the extreme left of the screen. Fourth one’s battery was defective and kept running out within a day. The fifth one is a unicorn. It’s not out of the realm of possibility to get 16 defective items. Quality standards have slipped nowadays.

18. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

You make a valid point, Apples return policy is uncontested. I can’t even think of another smart phone manufacturer that would allow that many returns, and even carriers I think even have restrictions with the amount of returns you’re allowed to make. With Apple, you’re not just purchasing the hardware, you’re purchasing the customer service.

19. Admiral macrumors regular

Admiral

If I were in Apple's legal department I would have you prosecuted for consumer fraud.

20. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Care to explain your consumer fraud statement? Fairly confident Apples legal team would not prosecute anyone with four returned iPhone 8’s, not when Apple is *permitting* these returns.

21. tr1ad macrumors newbie

A lot of Kool Aid and haterade has been shared it seems...

If they allow it, I believe they look at the concerns of the customer .... And they exchange, so clearly not a case of fraud

22. lyceumHQ macrumors 65816

lyceumHQ

Oookkkayyyy.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 8, 2018 ---
    It was three returns. First had a charge issue. Second randomly froze. The third had the same issue as the second but obviously the chances of that happening are minute so I spent two hours in the Apple shop trying to figure out what was causing the issue with three guys from the Genius Bar. I didn’t go in for a replacement. Just for help. They suggested replacing it to, as they said, be on the safe side. Then we set it up as new etc and tried to recreated the issue. Couldn’t. So determined it was something from my backup (I’d been very reluctant to set up as new because of messages). And sent me on my way.

23. Plett, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2018

Plett macrumors regular

Plett

What OP his doing is not fraud. Fraud is a serious offense and this is between he and Apple and from what he says is overt. Nothing to suggest he is acting deceptive.

24. lyceumHQ macrumors 65816

lyceumHQ

I’m not the OP!! And I didn’t accuse anyone of fraud!!

25. JBGoode, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018

JBGoode macrumors regular

JBGoode

I'd be too embarrassed to return 15 phones for petty reasons knowing everyone in that store thinks I'm insane. I doubt I'd be able to walk into the store after the first couple and I certainly couldn't stand there and open phones looking for a 'good one'. I don't think most people have it in them to do that. The OP is certainly a very special person. So are the employees of that store. I'm sure the OP will be mentioned in their training curriculum for decades to come.