I'm so pissed about white

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mayakukla, Jun 15, 2010.

1. mayakukla macrumors regular

I followed this ride and in the end the white was nowhere to be found. best buy is now refusing to take white pre-orders. Damn it to hell, who knows now when I will get an iphone 4. But it will be white

2. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I originally wanted the white but that proximity sensor being visible like that is UGLY! I've always bought white iPhones and I'm glad I went with black this time around :D

it does suck that Apple hasn't given any reasons or notified us ahead of time about the lack of the white one...

3. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Are you sure that bestbuy is refusing to take pre-order? This can't be every bestbuy because my local bestbuy is still taking pre-orders. Simply, they take them until their corporation tells them to stop.

4. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

Me too me too...

If you wanna complain the best thing to do is call Apple Corporate, at 408-996-1010. Press 0 for the operator and when she answers tell her you have a complaint. She'll escalate you to "customer relations" and you should get a human being pretty quickly who is happy to hear your concern/complaint.

I'm more pissed about the lack of any communication whatsoever, than I am about not being able to get the color I want, to be honest. This disregard for their customers, who are huge fans, is unprofessional, rude, and pretty disheartening.

5. dmx macrumors 6502a

I wanted the black anyways but I definitely agree with you.

It is ridiculously unprofessional - when you announce it will be available on June 15th - not to let customers know of a problem. Many people stayed up all night only to be disappointed when the white wasn't available.

It would have been a lot easier for Apple to issue a press release when they discovered whatever the problem was.

6. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Maybe the plane that was carrying 5 millions of white iphones was crashed and apple lost all 5 millions of white ones. Wth... I hate you, too apple.

7. ogdogg macrumors 6502

That still wouldn't make sense. I'm fine with not receiving a phone on launch day. I'm not fine with waiting around another few weeks to even put in my order!!! F-YOU APPLE for not being willing to take my money!!!

8. greemie macrumors member

I want green but I don't see that happening in the near future.

9. nutmac macrumors 68040

I wouldn't go as far as ugly, because I would've ordered the white iPhone if I could have, but I admit, black camera lens openings and black top front speaker ruin the organic look of the white iPhone.

10. mayakukla thread starter macrumors regular

I found the solution. I will order a black one for now and then when the white comes out, I will give the black to my dad. not everyone is so lucky though

11. xtend macrumors regular

I'm fine with not preordering white today.
    I'm even fine with not getting it on the 24th.
    But I'm NOT fine sitting here with NO info about the delay and any estimates!

APPLE knew way before last night that there won't be white ones for a while.

Now all I want is precise info about what is going on and when to expect what.

:cool:

12. ogdogg macrumors 6502

I tried to talk my wife into a similar deal. No luck. We're both sick of our black iPhones. With any luck and if I'm really nice, maybe Apple will agree to take my money in exchange for a promise to deliver me 2 white iPhones sometime in the future. I know, that's asking a lot.

13. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

You guys should call Apple Corporate and voice your opinion! Tell them they need to tell us something!

I put the number above. :)

14. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I'm sorry to break the news to you, but it is only a phone... I want a white iPhone too, but not having one isn't the end of the world.

15. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

x10000

I dont care about waiting but don't leave us here in the dark! leaving us to GUESS when they will be available. The longer they wait with no statement leads me to believe it really is as simple as them trying to get the launch over with without supply concerns since the black one makes up 80% of sales.

16. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

17. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Buy black and put a white bumper on it? It will make you feel partially better.

18. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

pre ordered black, but will wait to see what they say about the white ones, if they will be available shortly after launch i'll wait, if its a few months, i'm sticking with black

hopefully we find out within the next few days though, this is totally ridiculous however

19. ogdogg macrumors 6502

I don't care about not having one. My 3GS rocks. I care that Apple won't even accept my money to order their product. To me that shows Apple has lost its way and is now completely run by corporate bureaucrats. They don't even pretend to care about their customers anymore. They just want panic on June 24th so they can get free promo. Kudos Apple, you're now the biggest corporate piece of $4it there is. This coming from someone who has been bashing Microsoft for 20+ years. I never thought I'd see the day that Microsoft treated it's customers better than Apple. Surprise, that day is today.

20. invisible777 macrumors member

21. M87 macrumors 65816

I know it's not the same, but the design of iPhone 4 seems really case friendly to me. So you should be able to make your phone pretty much any color you want if you go that route. I feel your pain though, I wanted white, but ordered black. I'm over it.

22. phrint macrumors 6502

Sorry but the white seems more feminine this time around. Maybe seeing one in person would change my mind.

23. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

+1!

I really wanted a white one, but I went ahead with the black. I don't feel like waiting months for it. I'm sure I'll grow to like the black one just as much. Plus, my mom said she'd upgrade when it comes out & she'll trade me. :p

24. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Part I don't get is even if they have a limited production of the white or there are some problems, you'd think they'd still allow people to pre-order them and ship them at a later date unless:

1. They have no clue when white will be available.

2. The problem they're having is bigger than they thought.

3. They want to bring some exclusivity to the white 4.

25. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

white is terrible. It draws the eyes to all the things black hides like cameras, sensors, flashes, etc. Black is much better color. Had it only been white for preorder i would have waited.