I'm using my IPad Mini 4 more then my Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mozartwon, Nov 19, 2015.

1. mozartwon macrumors member

I have both the Mini 4 and the Pro but I find that I reach for the Mini and hardly ever use the Pro.

2. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

I was debating between getting rid of my air 2 and I got a pro, I then heard the Mini had the best screen...I can't justify having so many iPads.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

If you are not really using it, maybe you should return it. It is a rather expensive item to just leave sitting around.

4. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

From what I've read in terms of screen quality iPad Pro >> iPad Air 2 >> iPad Mini 4

5. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Think you are doing this because it's more convenient to use the mini due to size

I normally use my air 2 at home and mini 4 at work or out and about. That said sometimes before bed using the mini is better due to its size. Depends what you are doing

6. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Perhaps you should use the iPP more. The larger screen may be helpful in doing a search of existing threads on similar topic. Your comments would fit perfectly in this one:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/index.php?posts/22263406/

7. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

This display tests came out yesterday, its Mini 4 > Pro > Air 2. On home page of macrumors. But all three were found to be great.

8. mozartwon thread starter macrumors member

I'm well aware of that thread, I don't need your condescending attitude.

9. temna macrumors 6502a

temna

Actually iPad Mini 4 >> iPad Pro >> iPad Air 2

10. LunaC macrumors member

The iPP requires more arm movement to initiate actions,though a long cheap stylus remedies that. My mini4 is being used more often as well and you are correct, the size makes it unobtrusive.

Using the iPP for Kindle is great, you have two good sized pages much like you have with real textbooks. I didn't anticipate that prior to getting it.

11. UDM macrumors member

12. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Same thing with my air 2, I ended up not using my pro as much as it. I returned it for full price. If you don't use it, I would advise to return it while you can and get all your money back. I thought about keeping mine, but you can always buy it again in the future for the same price (or cheaper used/refurb). Just my 2 cents.

13. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

If you don't use the pencil or value the larger screen, there is little reason to keep it IMO. Of course getting a pencil is..... Let's just say it's difficult.

14. bensisko macrumors 65816

For personal use, it's ~50/50. I'm tending to use the Pro more because I'm using it in place of my laptop at work. I'm sure once I get the Pencil, personal use will skyrocket (taking the place of the Surface Pro 3 - my current drawing tablet).

15. Zune55 macrumors 6502

do you have Apple keyboard for your ipp? If not i am sure holding it must be very difficult. I mostly use ipp now after Apple keyboard.

16. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Let's actually be honest. It's not a Pro. There's nothing really "Pro" about it. It should be called the iPad XL.

17. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

The mini is a favorite for many, many people. It's extremely capable.

It isn't quite immersive enough for me though. I'm loving pro. Should I ever feel the need for a smaller unit to replace it or to work alongside it, I would simply get the current air at that time.

18. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

I found the pro ackward and going for the iPad Air during the first week, now into my second week, I go for the pro and the air feels ackward small.

Probably sell the air now, week ago was going to be the pro