iMac Pro in Silver?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by igorpreston, Oct 24, 2018.

1. igorpreston macrumors newbie

Just curious what are your thoughts on the possibility of future iMac Pro release in silver color?

2. mikehalloran, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018

mikehalloran macrumors 65816

We'll know in less than a week.

I highly doubt it, however. Apple seems committed to their 50 shades of something that they call Space Grey.

That the color is so inconsistent is a running joke among every Apple engineer I know. My iPhone 7+, iPad Pro 12.9" and iPod Touch 6 are three different shades and the differences aren't subtle.

3. Porkchop Sandwich macrumors regular

And the laugh is on them b/c they clearly have no real concept of manufacturing in the metal industry...just sayin'

4. Icaras, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018

Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

They really ought to sell a silver finish of the iMac Pro, as well as a space gray version of the regular iMac.

It could be difficult to distinguish the two if they both had color options, but I think if they redesigned the consumer iMac then it’ll be fine.

Hoping to see next week: a redesigned iMac with silver and space gray options and maybe an iMac Pro in silver.

5. SecuritySteve macrumors 6502a

SecuritySteve

Funny, my iMac Pro, 2018 MacBook Pro, and Apple Watch all have the same shade of space grey ...

Edit: I wish I could get a car in this color.

6. StellarVixen macrumors 68000

StellarVixen

Ah, the space gray color is there only to make it "unique", I guess.

They might change their mind later. Especially if they release standard iMac in Space Gray.

I have always hated that space gray color, though. I wish Apple gave us more choice with Macs, just like with iPhone XR.

7. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

It would be nice, just like the olden days of the first iMac and iBooks. I could only see them considering XR color options for the MacBook, Mac mini, and the iMac though.

8. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

All I care about my iMac Pro are the internals...that's what gets the jobs done!

9. iTurbo macrumors 6502

It could be classic beige for all care (sorta cool in a way), but yeah, hopefully larger screen/smaller bezels and the most current tech.

10. fathergll macrumors 65816

Give me something as close to black as possible. Silver is distracting if you decided to watch something like a movie in darkness.

11. BlueTide macrumors regular

BlueTide

One (not the only one) reason that detracted me from iMac Pro was that it wasn't silver / aluminum. I mean, it's a toy for me so I'd rather have it match my deco like a normal iMac would.