I feel like this will be divisive. Anyway, I had too much time on my hands (for obvious reasons), so I mocked up a 32 inch iMac and/or iMac Pro redesign. A few thoughts:
- I moved toward the geometric/utilitarian/monolithic design language of the Mac Pro/XDR, which I'm sure won't appeal to everyone
- I'm no engineer, but I tried to keep it 'realistic' - ie the bulge depth is equal to a current 27" iMac, with way more internal volume overall, the pivot isn't NASA technology, the center of gravity is low, etc...
- The front has the glass come down over the chin, which is enshrouded in the black bezel (if you look at the bottom right, I also did a variation with the chin as a frosted black, which looks pretty sharp too)
- Some images show perforation on the side, others show it on the back. These are different options - I wouldn't do perforated side and back together as it looks too busy
- Reduced bezels, but sides correspondingly thicker (keeping to my 'realistic' point earlier)
- If you're Tim Cook, I will sell you this design for no less than 1 million (1,000,000) US dollars or twenty-four (24) rolls of toilet paper
- Any criticism will be taken personally