Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macboy1234

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Worcester, England, UK
By the looks of it it's effecting all build to order iMacs, as stock iMac's appear to be back in stock! Potentially suggesting a new iMac soon, as they are disposing of current stock but not building new orders?

I ordered mine just before this post (with a 2-4 day dispatch) and received this email from Apple today.

imac-order.png

Inksworth

macrumors regular
May 1, 2008
By the looks of it it's effecting all build to order iMacs, as stock iMac's appear to be back in stock! Potentially suggesting a new iMac soon, as they are disposing of current stock but not building new orders?

I ordered mine just before this post (with a 2-4 day dispatch) and received this email from Apple today.

That is pretty interesting. Especially that almost a week in the supply is still constrained. I can't imagine that there's a particular spike in iMac orders right now with all the attention on the watch and the MacBook. Or in i7 processors for that matter...

I'm still betting on WWDC, but I think there's a possibility of next week, given how long this has been going for now.

Thanks for sharing this. :)

snebes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2008

I'm liking that May 5 is a Tuesday... new Mac day. Only thing is, I have no idea what they could be updating.

New Broadwell desktop i5 and i7 processors are out (i5-5675C and i7-5775C), and Skylake is rumored to be delayed until October. I can't foresee 2 iMac refreshes this year, and I think it would benefit more from Skylake.

Perhaps just a silent refresh (Broadwell chips, faster SSD), and a late 2015 new release (8k)?

Cole Slaw

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2006
Canada
Aren't we also seeing the same situation happen with the 15" MacBook Pro (the high-end model with dGPU)?
Shows as "Available to ship" in 2-3 weeks (here in Canada).
Maybe something is indeed up.

Macboy1234

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Worcester, England, UK
Just an update to anyone following this thread. Even though Apple sent an email a few days ago, saying my order could take up to "3 weeks to dispatch", it has now been dispatched (1 business day after the email).

Perhaps they just set your expectations low, just in case. But yes, it has now been dispatched from China, so they must still be building late 2013 iMacs.

fat jez

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Glasgow, UK
Just an update to anyone following this thread. Even though Apple sent an email a few days ago, saying my order could take up to "3 weeks to dispatch", it has now been dispatched (1 business day after the email).

Perhaps they just set your expectations low, just in case. But yes, it has now been dispatched from China, so they must still be building late 2013 iMacs.

Unless it was an i7 BTO, shipping times seem to be back to normal.

Inksworth

macrumors regular
May 1, 2008
Unless it was an i7 BTO, shipping times seem to be back to normal.

Anything BTO on the top end 27 1400p results in a 2-3 week time. Not just the processor. Everything else is within 4 days, including the retina.

I was starting to get my hopes up, but I agree with everyone else, it was probably just a supply fluctuation. :\

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.