Image Search in iMessage

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by mosher, Sep 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mosher macrumors member

am i missing something? Everybody talking about "huge" GIFs found in Image Search in iMessage, but i can't even find this search on my device.

Iphone 6 with ios10 in Germany

Where can i swith it on? searched all the web already

Thank you for the help

2. jason2811 macrumors 6502a

Open iMessage. Open a message to another person. Press the arrow on the left of the text box. Press the "A" apple store symbol. Go to "image search".

3. jetho macrumors member

jetho

Same problem for me. I know where I am supposed to find it, but, for me, it just isn't there. I could't figure out (so far) if this feature is only available in some countries.

4. mosher thread starter macrumors member

its not there, saddly

5. mthomas184 macrumors 6502

mthomas184

Go back to that "A" for the App Store and go to the Store and Manage and it may be switched off

6. mosher thread starter macrumors member

nope, its also not there. also not in store. its nowhere for me

7. KALLT macrumors 601

Others have reported the same. It seems to be restricted to certain countries. The ‘app’ is just not there.

8. VSG macrumors regular

The missing image search in iMessage has already been reported here:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/pictures-hub-missing-in-imessage-ios-10-gm.1993787/
    and here:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/images-app-in-messages-disappeared.1996163/

It appears that the feature right now is exclusive to certain countries (e.g. USA), as reported here. Although being available to (public) beta testers around the world previously.

Maybe Apple someday will make it public for everyone, maybe they won't.

For the mods: maybe this topic can be made sticky or even be reported on the front page. Apparently, a lot of people are confused by some feature being advertised by Apple and not included for everyone in the release of iOS 10.

Ps: the only way around it right now seems to use some other iMessage-app. I use GIPHY, simply because it was the first to show in the search.

9. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Somewhat related maybe, how to you switch from it using bing to search? I'd rather use google.

10. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

This is why Apple is getting on my nerves lately. They announce features and then people like my mom ask me why it doesn't work on her phone... or mine... Why on earth is image search geo locked to US only ? Where's the logic !?

11. Dieseldk macrumors newbie

Apple doesn't know how to filter nsfw contents in other languages than English and that is not working to well either ;-)