Images of Next-Generation iPod Touch Surface?

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 14, 2009.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Earlier this week, MacRumors received a somewhat blurry image claimed to be the next-generation iPod touch. The image depicts a camera centered at the top of device's rear, corresponding with numerous third-party case designs appearing from Chinese manufacturers in recent months.

[​IMG]

Today, MacRumors received word from the same source that the rumored next-generation device had been torn apart and images posted to the on-air blog of Covino & Rich, hosts of the Maxim Radio talk radio show on Sirius and XM satellite radio. The blog post includes additional information from the source regarding the origins of the device.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Covino & Rich blog post includes additional images showing several other angles of the device, as well as some internal shots revealing that the purported next-generation iPod touch appears nearly identical to the current version.

Apple has been rumored to be holding a media-focused keynote event in early September, where many are expecting to see the launch of new iPod touch models.

Article Link: Images of Next-Generation iPod Touch Surface?

2. newyorksole macrumors 68040

3. iMacmatician macrumors 601

4. Stuipdboy1000 macrumors 6502a

Stuipdboy1000

I think thats a previous-gen model for comparison.

5. zedsdead macrumors 68040

I really don't care if these are real or not, but I do expect this is what the next iPod Touch will look like.

6. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

I hope they change the back from metal to plastic... I don't like the metal-with-camera look to it...

7. MXChristian11 macrumors 6502

MXChristian11

damn man, did he have to like drag it behind his truck to sneak it to his house? my god, thing looks like it got caught in a fight with a lawn mower and the lawn mower won! :eek:

8. Surely Guest

Surely

Looks scratchy.

I'm sure that case manufacturers are happy that Apple has kept the scratchtastic back. If this turns out to be real, that is.

9. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Now that it has a camera I wonder if it will have video? Be excellent if it does.

10. BryanLyle macrumors 6502a

BryanLyle

Why does it have a little light beside the camera? Is that going to be an indicator that the camera is on? Or a flash perhaps?

11. zedsdead macrumors 68040

Of course it will. Will be the same functionality as the 3gs, unless of course Apple stops crippling the chipset and allows 720p recording but that isn't going to happen.

12. iMacmatician macrumors 601

Yep… :eek:

13. MXChristian11 macrumors 6502

MXChristian11

hey, how do you get the circled/boxed "S" in your signature?

14. Stuipdboy1000 macrumors 6502a

Stuipdboy1000

Microphone?

15. vista.john macrumors regular

16. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Looks a bit photoshopped to me, but I can see how a new iPod Touch would look like that.

17. BryanLyle macrumors 6502a

BryanLyle

Ah, that makes more sense.

18. SBik2 macrumors 6502a

SBik2

i like the addition of a camera, but i just wish itd get rid of the same easy to scratch back.:cool:

19. infodriveway macrumors member

infodriveway

I second that. I messed around in the Special Characters palette for a bit, and gave up in disgust.

20. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

This is, reportedly, a durability-test unit. ;)

21. loesjoel macrumors newbie

I'll go ahead and believe these are real. I mean really, how far off could it possibly be?

I'll also go ahead and state my disappointment that they're still going with the metal back. I've owned a lot of iPods over the years and, by far, the one that still looks the best is the 2G iPod nano with it's aluminum unibody because it doesn't show wear like these stainless steel backs do.

22. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Well, even if it's not real, that's probably what it will look like.

So I guess it doesn't really matter if the photos are fake...that's pretty much what you'll get!

23. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

These do correspond to the cases we saw earlier, these photos aren't bad though which is nice, better than the tablet videos floating around...:rolleyes:

24. Quicksilver00X macrumors newbie

Looks pretty legitimate to me but honestly adding a sub-par camera to the iPod Touch doesn't really make it exciting.

However, a price drop and a faster processor along with more storage would make this worthy of an upgrade.