imminent update is pointless?

eat me

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2009
London
Now, I'm thinking, if the MBPs will get updated this week, what does it mean for WWDC update?

People will buy a minor bump now, because they're starved, only to be disappointed in two months, when the much more exciting update will roll out?

Or this update is IT for the year? Which, considering how it's rumored it's just a bump, is disappointing in itself?

It's just thoughts, so what's your take?

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Apple does not use the WWDC every year to update their computers, we just got lucky last year.

If the MBPs get updated tomorrow, we might get an update in October or November, or earlier if some breakthrough technology is available.
But January might be more likely.

Have you taken a look at the Buyer's Guide?

enberg

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2010
Jeebus, if they update now, there's no chance in hell they'll update in june too.

Gen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
Jeebus, if they update now, there's no chance in hell they'll update in june too.
Why would they?
If they do a good enough job with the next refresh, iX core and way better dedicated graphics than we'd be set until January of 2011.

Buck987

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2010
Was looking at an 11inch netbook with 8GB RAM, Duo Core processor, Nvidia 335 graphics card, 256 SSD drive today..

Really think Apple should get the MBPs out sooner rather than later..:eek:
did u buy it?

kaiserben

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2010
South of France
LOL

This is what we call the progress. In 6 month, there'll always be a new MUST HAVE feature... You can wait a life long without buying anything and being always frustrated.

I think the people prefer the idea of having something great than really have something great in the hand.

Absolutely crazy. If the new MBP are nice and have nice feature, why would you people get disappointed ?

vectus

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2010
I don't really care when they update after this next refresh. This will be my first Mac. I would get a MBP now, but I can't justify spending that kind of money on dated hardware. The C2D would be just fine for what I will use it for, but if there is an update right around the corner then why bother?

Kavier

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Now, I'm thinking, if the MBPs will get updated this week, what does it mean for WWDC update?

People will buy a minor bump now, because they're starved, only to be disappointed in two months, when the much more exciting update will roll out?

Or this update is IT for the year? Which, considering how it's rumored it's just a bump, is disappointing in itself?

It's just thoughts, so what's your take?
I don't think there's any way that the MBPs will be updated tomorrow and then updated again at WWDC. If there is another update this year, I think it will be closer to the holiday shopping season.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
The only thing likely to debut at WWDC is 10.7 preview and Mac Pro overhaul

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
Was looking at an 11inch netbook with 8GB RAM, Duo Core processor, Nvidia 335 graphics card, 256 SSD drive today..

I agree. I'm also curious to see what they do with an MBA. That thing desperately needs to be refreshed.

6-0 Prolene

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2010

Yeah, they'd better get those apples out before you go buying oranges.

Zok

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2010
Analogy fail. 11inch netbook technology shouldn't be encroaching on 17inch laptop tech. That was the point. Feel free to get in touch if you need simple points spelled out in future.
I fail to see how a 1.6 GHz Dual Core Atom encroaches on a 3.06 GHz Core 2 Duo...

hamlinspahn

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2010
Oklahoma City
Fail

Analogy fail. 11inch netbook technology shouldn't be encroaching on 17inch laptop tech. That was the point. Feel free to get in touch if you need simple points spelled out in future.
Since the original post is talking about MBP any mention of a Netbook is irrelevant to the discussion. So if you want to talk about oranges I'm sure there is a home out there for you. :eek:

Zok

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2010
Core 2 Duo actually. Do you also fail to see how 8GB RAM and 256 GB SSD also encroaches on Apple's MBP line?
Then it's not a netbook smartass. That's an ultralight. Netbook = atom or (really old school) some Celerons.

niuniu

macrumors 68020
Since the original post is talking about MBP any mention of a Netbook is irrelevant to the discussion. So if you want to talk about oranges I'm sure there is a home out there for you. :eek:
Another watery fanboy who can't handle that netbooks are coming out with specs similar to Apple's current MBP lineup.

Apples and oranges.. heaven forbid we discuss laptop technology. You fanboys will find anything to weasel out of facing facts.