Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gorkt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2007
I don't like white because a) the white just doesn't make the screen pop as nicely as the black and b) white pigments can yellow over time with exposure to light. In fact, I took a look at one in the Apple store and it already had a yellowish cast to it, although that could have been the lighting.

TheyCallMeSaint

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2010
I think just by reading the title of this thread, the OP feels "insecure" in his/her choice. I'm getting white and I don't care if it doesn't look "all black" when it's turned off as it will have a cover on:D I say "just pick a color YOU like and enjoy it"....there's no need to prove one is better than the other.

I think you feel insecure with your choice. He clearly states that this is just his opinion for why he chose Black, and even conceded that he sees why people would order White.

Yet you come here and bash him and then tenaciously defend your choice of white.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
Lest not forget that, when reading a book, the white blends with the white. Lets not overlook that morsel of beauty :) *faints

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
i liked the white when seeing it in apple's pictures that they photoshopped. Then I saw engadget's etc pictures at the press release.... not very impressed. Went to the apple store... black for sure. white seems cheap and very distracting for movies (which i plan on using it most for)

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2006
I think white looked nice on the iPhone 4, as seen in the first look pictures on multiple websites. When looking at similar pictures for the white iPad, it just doesn't look right with a lot of the OS. Since it's such a huge screen, the white really interferes, and makes the entire package look a little "off." I like the black border around my current iPad because of the way it draws the user in, creating a limitless-feel.

I thought I would go with white, but if I snag an iPad 2, it will most likely be black.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.