Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benlangdon

macrumors 65816
Jan 13, 2008
ya as someone stated contact sjobs @ mac.com (i think that it)

and keep it short and sweet, worked for me.

now if you all could take that into account:p(long posts)

sry, man.:(
feel free to ask for any help :D, i mean anything

taylorwilsdon

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2006
New York City
Sounds like we've got a good samaritan who can fix this all (the gent who offered to pick it up and take it in). I'd take him up on that.

Otherwise, why didn't you just have your brother identify himself as you on the phone? Seems pretty straightforward.

Gloor

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2007
Sounds like we've got a good samaritan who can fix this all (the gent who offered to pick it up and take it in). I'd take him up on that.

Otherwise, why didn't you just have your brother identify himself as you on the phone? Seems pretty straightforward.

I was thinking exactly the same. I just feel a bit strange about this whole thread. Not sure why.

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
I was thinking exactly the same. I just feel a bit strange about this whole thread. Not sure why.

Me too.

I don't understand why the need to contact Steve Jobs. If the MBP is under Applecare, contact them and request a pick-up.

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
AppleCare doesn't cover physical damage.

I understand that, so why would Steve Jobs need to get involved.
The OP said he understood it wasn't covered by Applecare, and was willing to pay to get it fixed.

Applecare will schedule someone to pick it up for repair work.

Gloor

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2007
I have to say that OP is either very unpractical or is craving for attention. If I was in his situation I would ask my brother to get it repaired (given the condition of OP), pay somebody to take it to Apple store etc... (Courier) or just ask somebody to call under my name. This whole thing doesn't quite add up.

Gloor

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2007
Also, if he owes a business then he probably has employes so I don't see any reason why he would want to contact SJ or even anyone here when he can easily solve it himself.
I don't believe this thread at all. I'm sorry OP but if you run (or did) business then you should know how to deal with these situations. Your thread shows the opposite so therefore I just don't believe you.

tri3limited

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2008
London
I'm afraid when people say they can't see this adding up, or who are suspicious might wish to re-read the original posts which state that he is even willing to pay for repairs to the product, he would just like to have it fixed without losing his data.

Also he mentioned how his brother is currently situated elsewhere and has his own life to contend with as well.

Emailing Steve was only suggested as an added option to get help, not necessarily the best option but it's one way to get special help arranged.

It is fair enough if you doubt what has been said, but he has come along asking for help and has not asked anyone to give him money, or freebies so I don't think there's any need to feel overly suspicious.

And to the OP i wish you all the best, and hope that you are able to recover to a more comfortable state. Not to forget getting that MBP of yours fixed nice and soon!

and a quick message to "gloor" above: Can you see why the Apple Support lines didn't believe his position, when on a forum, people don't believe him either. Maybe just giving some advice on a solution would be a better option.

Gloor

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2007
I'm afraid when people say they can't see this adding up, or who are suspicious might wish to re-read the original posts which state that he is even willing to pay for repairs to the product, he would just like to have it fixed without losing his data.

Also he mentioned how his brother is currently situated elsewhere and has his own life to contend with as well.

Emailing Steve was only suggested as an added option to get help, not necessarily the best option but it's one way to get special help arranged.

It is fair enough if you doubt what has been said, but he has come along asking for help and has not asked anyone to give him money, or freebies so I don't think there's any need to feel overly suspicious.

And to the OP i wish you all the best, and hope that you are able to recover to a more comfortable state. Not to forget getting that MBP of yours fixed nice and soon!

and a quick message to "gloor" above: Can you see why the Apple Support lines didn't believe his position, when on a forum, people don't believe him either. Maybe just giving some advice on a solution would be a better option.

To be honest, people come to the internet to pretend to be anything. In most cases, they don't ask for anything. They just like to be someone else. I explained what I would do in his situation and I also gave reasons why I don't believe this whole thing. For me, a guy of his profile wouldn't post things he did and therefore I don't believe it. It is of course my choice and I respect yours. We are all different. :)

tri3limited

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2008
London
To The OP

I have just received an email from Dina Bonazzoli (Corporate Executive Relations) giving me direct contact details for someone to speak to. They have requested that i obtain contact details from you so that they can get in touch with you directly regarding your situation.

Please PM me or email me tri3limited[at]gmail.com so that i can have them call you to assist with your predicament.

Please state you name, email address, telephone and if possible an address so that i can let Dina get in touch with you.

I hope this helps and look forward to hearing from you.

nephilim7

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2008
I always wonder who responds to spam, who buys infomercial peddled stuff, who falls for scams.

the OP is either lying, or even in his supposed condition his *entire* support system has rejected him.

The entire post reads like some nigerian scam, going into fine detail at some points and leaving other points and glaring questions unanswered. Why for example does he go into minute detail about the equipment used to sustain him yet he misidentifies the condition which he now obviously wraps his entire existence around.. he's not a paraplegic, his 'brother in medical school' would have probably told him that.

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
He had my sympathy until he explained how the accident happened. Trying to pass a Hummer, while you are impatiently speeding down a 2 lane mountain highway is just not a smart thing to do. How you can see into the face of the Hummer's driver, AND his girlfriend from the drivers seat of a Honda, which is real low to the ground compared to the Hummer, is beyond me. I am more curious as to what happened to the Sports Car which was traveling 90 miles an hour coming around a corner in his lane and seeing you there.

Living in Colorado I hear of mountain accidents all the time, and they are usually caused by careless impatient drivers, and it is usually the innocent drivers who end up paying the price.

He also claimed the MBP was not locking correctly BEFORE the accident, had caved in by the closure, but just couldn't bother to take it in to get checked out.

mrbash

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2008
I was suspicious about the story until the bit about the Hummer and sports car. Now I don't believe it at all.

There are stories on the internet I believe but not this one.

KJTMS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2007
me again

I'm very sorry to hear about your accident and your situation. If you post what city you're in, perhaps there's a nearby "good samaritan" in the forums who could help out. Aside from that, there may be organizations who offer assistance to people with disabilities that you could email. Also, you might contact Apple to see if you can send it to them for repair. If so, they can probably arrange to have FedEx pick it up from you.

applecare will not deal with the nurse nor my bro. They keep saying they have to talk to the original owner. I have been unsuccessful finding any e-mail addresses for support, executives, etc. I am unable to talk and when the tube is suppose to be removed I am not suppose to talk for 2 weeks.

Do you have any info on other ways to get e-mails or snail mails to applecare, apple support, executives, etc.

Thanks,
KJT

nephilim7

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2008
applecare will not deal with the nurse nor my bro. They keep saying they have to talk to the original owner. I have been unsuccessful finding any e-mail addresses for support, executives, etc. I am unable to talk and when the tube is suppose to be removed I am not suppose to talk for 2 weeks.

Do you have any info on other ways to get e-mails or snail mails to applecare, apple support, executives, etc.

Thanks,
KJT

this is an outright lie. I have talked to applecare on behalf of both of my parents and my sister.

KJTMS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2007
it is best to pass some by

I learned when I was thinking about getting a Mac that some (most) of the replies in these forums should just be passed right over. There are unhappy and mean people everywhere. When somebody makes such drastic interpretations (assumptions) from such a small amount of information, you know they are here most likely just to be mean and try to make others unhappy; just like all people unhappy and mean just as they are. Look at their Posts with that in view. If they want to deal with other techie people they should move on and look for them. I have no idea what they get out of assuming all kinds of info and trying had to bring other people down, which is where they are.

These types of replies (even in my condition) have no influence on me. Just pass them right by. I have had a PM from an Apple PR lady and my bro (who is right this very second taking up everything and going to the state of WA to start his medical practice) had a long talk with her and has me lined up with some help. I am grateful for the help he gave me.

Just know that people who are so mean and make themselves look like very unhappy people, are most likely just that. I feel best by just passing their reply (Post) right by and wish them the best. You know deep down inside they are very unhappy people.

One guy was correct. I was very stupid that night and made a huge mistake. My business was me and only me, but it was open for 9 years and I loved everyday. This is a new chapter in my life and I thank everyone who offered me some assistance.

What you give "out" to help a fellow human being will come back 100-fold. Again thanks for the help from all the sensitive and caring people!

nephilim7

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2008
I learned when I was thinking about getting a Mac that some (most) of the replies in these forums should just be passed right over. There are unhappy and mean people everywhere. When somebody makes such drastic interpretations (assumptions) from such a small amount of information, you know they are here most likely just to be mean and try to make others unhappy; just like all people unhappy and mean just as they are. Look at their Posts with that in view. If they want to deal with other techie people they should move on and look for them. I have no idea what they get out of assuming all kinds of info and trying had to bring other people down, which is where they are.

These types of replies (even in my condition) have no influence on me. Just pass them right by. I have had a PM from an Apple PR lady and my bro (who is right this very second taking up everything and going to the state of WA to start his medical practice) had a long talk with her and has me lined up with some help. I am grateful for the help he gave me.

Just know that people who are so mean and make themselves look like very unhappy people, are most likely just that. I feel best by just passing their reply (Post) right by and wish them the best. You know deep down inside they are very unhappy people.

One guy was correct. I was very stupid that night and made a huge mistake. My business was me and only me, but it was open for 9 years and I loved everyday. This is a new chapter in my life and I thank everyone who offered me some assistance.

What you give "out" to help a fellow human being will come back 100-fold. Again thanks for the help from all the sensitive and caring people!

and good luck to you in your attempt to get apple to pay for physical damage.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
this is an outright lie. I have talked to applecare on behalf of both of my parents and my sister.

You're insensitive. And AppleCare is officially only suppose to speak to the original owner--if you lie and say you are not who you are, they will talk to you, but that's about it!

and good luck to you in your attempt to get apple to pay for physical damage.

Did you even read anything?

erikistired

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2006
(770)

Thanks,
KJT

my wife has talked to applecare on my behalf before, not sure why your brother isn't able. they also didn't ask her any personal questions, aside from what the serial number of my macbook pro is.

m1stake

macrumors 68000
Jan 17, 2008
Philly
It would be naive to think that this is legitimate without proof, but if this is the case I hope you are able to get out of this comparatively minor jam with your computer.

nephilim7

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2008
You're insensitive. And AppleCare is officially only suppose to speak to the original owner--if you lie and say you are not who you are, they will talk to you, but that's about it!

Did you even read anything?

years of investigating insurance fraud makes me more sensitive than most when it comes to sorting through half truths, excuses and very bad explanations. My experiences with apple care have been very reasonable when it comes to 'standing in for' a non technical relative

Did you? While he partially admits he is willing to pay for the repair, the evolving conversation indicates he is instead looking for an email address because he believes it to be an easier vector for sympathy. The term paraplegic denotes he has use of his arms, a term an RN (which he claims to have been) would not use incorrectly.

respectfully

robotica

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2007
Edinburgh
perhaps this guy is just in a really ****** situation and wants his macbook fixed?

If you could only use your arms now and your macbook was broken you might want it fixed too?

he doest seem to be scamming anyone? I could be wrong, but he just seems to be after some advice, he cant speak so he cant talk to applecare.
If your get thew wrong CSR then they might not be up for helping you.

and anyway... I dont really understand how this could become a scam?

I for one am happy to offer assitance through my knolegde of technical issues and apple.

mrbash

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2008
A couple of things I don't get:

Wasn't this guy's brother a Med student? Now suddenly he is a practicing MD?
The guy doesn't know how to save files on his Mac but has a bunch of apps already loaded on it for his business?
He claims to have been in business for 9 years but doesn't have business insurance? (i.e he could claim the repairs through insurance).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.