In-N-Out Burger Opens up in Texas

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by bradl, May 12, 2011.

1. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Caught this over at HuffPo, and had to laugh to myself, as we are spoiled over here in the American Southwest! At least now when I go back to visit my grandparents and godmother, I don't have to deal with eating at or seeing a Sonic on every other corner! Video is included in the link, so enjoy!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/12/in-n-out-burger-north-texas-expansion_n_861172.html

BL.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

3. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I went to the west coast for the first time this past March and was clamoring for an in-n-out burger since I had heard so much about it. Finally I tried it and while it was pretty good I dont think it was "out of this world best burger ever" like some west coasters make it sound..... in fact I prefer shake shack or five guys here in NYC.

4. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I understand that for some eating a hamburger can be a religious experience, but why print bible verses on fast food wrappers. In my mind it doesn't really align with Jesus' branding, amirite?

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Same here. I was in LA last year and tried In-N-Out. It was good, but not the best burger I've had. For fast food burgers, nothing beats White Castle IMO...as long as you're going to be near a bathroom and not in any enclosed spaces for about 5 hours afterwards :D

Especially when the wrappers end up in the trash. Seems a bit sacrilege. Not that that bothers me :D

6. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

With no apologies, In-N-Out makes a good fast-food burger (I'd put it on par with Whataburger or Sonic), but it seriously isn't worth waiting in line for. I'd rather eat Five Guys, and there are a TON of burger joints around north Texas that are way better than either place, although they're pretty much local joints.

Ever-so-slightly-off-topic: this place opens in Dallas today. Can't wait to try it!

7. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

Agreed. Have you tried Smashburger! My current favorite.

Will have to check out Heart Attack Grill! ;)

8. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

9. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I agree. I lived in LA for a little while, and I don't understand what all the hype was about. I actually thought Carl's Jr was a better option when I was there. Here in Houston we have Five Guys, but I prefer a place like Prime, where you can order it cooked exactly how you like it. I can't eat a burger unless it is super rare, and you just can't get it cooked like that at Five Guys. Though their fries are really good.

And as for the Heart Attack Grill, the next time I'm in Dallas, I'm totally going! I saw that place profiled on the Food Network.

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Yeah, that's my complaint with Five Guys, they cook everything well done. I like my burgers still mooing.

11. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Me too...and if I get can't it cooked (or not cooked) like that, I just can't eat it.

12. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I haven't, but I've heard great things. My favorite is Twisted Root, but I also like Scotty P's, Jake's, and Ball's. (Five Guys and Mooyah are pretty good for chains)

I once did, but when I spent time designing meat processing plants and distribution facilities, I learned a LOT about Escherichia coli and other bugs. Now I stick to medium-rare steak and medium-well (or better) ground meat.

13. Liquorpuki macrumors 68020

Liquorpuki

Californian right here and I actually prefer the Shack Stack to the Double Double. And your shakes are way better than the powdered crap at In N Out.

Only reason I go to In n Out is for the animal style fries. Only reason I go to Sonic is for the limeade

14. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I prefer, in this case, to think that ignorance is bliss. :D I eat my steak black and blue as well, and knock on wood, have yet to have any ill effects. Though, if it does happen I may change my mind. But I think I would just stop eating burgers all together because I just can't stomach eating them overcooked.

I do blame my grandmother. We're Italian and when she would make meatballs on Sunday we all used to eat the raw chopped meat. And at 93 and counting she still does.

15. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Agree. Especially when those burger patties are appeitizer portioned.

Sounds like plenty of people never had a burger at fuddruckers. (much longer wait though)

16. msimpson macrumors regular

Get a real burger...

You have to understand that Frisco and Allen are the ultimate in plastic suburbia. Plenty of idiot posers with disposable income for a fast-food burger from a chain of restaurants that has gotten lots of publicity. They will buy what they are told. The best burger joints are not chains - they are usually the mom&pop, whole in the wall places you have to seek out. When you find one of those with a wait to get a seat, you know you are in the right spot. In-and-Out burgers are not bad, but nothing spectacular. Sonics just plain suck. Five Guys are nothing special, I found them dry and boring. Smashburgers are pretty good, I have been back for more. There is a local spot called Burger Guys that is pretty impressive. The first time I went the line was out the door and I had didn't have time to wait. Beck's Prime makes good burgers, but are a bit pricey for what you get. In Texas, if you want just a drive-thru burger, Whataburger is hard to beat.

17. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I am with you except for the fact that I do think In-N-Out is better than Wataburger and Sonic but sure as hell not worth waiting in a long line for. In-N-Out also cater to people with gluten allergy pretty well by server a non bun burger and instead of a bun is is wrap in lettuce. My ex GF loved that fact as she can not handled gluten.

I think it is insane people waited that long for what and the end of the day is just a fast food hamburger.

As for a place like Five Guys I would not put it in the same category as In-N-Out. It is more of a sit down burger joint. I also will agree DFW has a lot of great burger joints.

18. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Fudrucker's makes some awesome burgers. Sadly, the one by me closed a few years ago. I miss them.

19. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Fudrucker's burgers suck!

Five Guys and Portillo's make awesome burgers! :)

20. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

What's wrong with Fudd? They make good Turkey burgers!

Here in Cambridge, MA, we have a place called Four Burgers. They use `all natural' ingredients, which makes them somewhat expensive. However, they make really delicious burgers.

21. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

What, no love for Kincaid's? :)

I've been there a few times while visiting my brother in the DFW area. I liked them. I may have to ask him about the other places.

22. quagmire, May 13, 2011
    Last edited: May 13, 2011

quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

If people think these fast food joints make the best burgers, then they don't get out much. Now if they are the best for what they are, fine, but they are hardly the best burgers in the world......

If you want a good cheeseburger in NYC, Colicchio and Sons Tap Room makes the best I have had. For a simple hamburger, hop on a plane to London, UK and go to Gordon Ramsay's restaurant for it. Cheese would ruin that hamburger.

23. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Fuddruckers is good for a chain, but the best burgers I've had are the ones by the locally owned places. If you're ever in St. Louis, stop by Blueberry Hill if you want a real burger.

24. wpotere Guest

LOL, I grew up in Frisco and remember when it was only one high school. That city has gotten huge! I guess in-n-out burger is not so in-n-out.... :p

25. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

I think the best burger in the DFW is Snuffer's. And of course their cheese fries are awesome too.