Votes: 47 38.5%
  • Planning to.

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters

Zwhaler

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
In n' Out Burger. Are these not the greatest burgers made on earth? I know its random, but I went to the beach today and went to an In n' Out burger and pigged out after the beach. Plus they're cheap, a Double Double is only 15 cents more than a Big Mac at McDonalds, and which would you rather have? :D I feel bad for anyone who lives outside the west coast area and who are unable to experiance the best burger ever! Anyone else love these things?

zephead

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2006
in your pants
In-N-Out > [insert food selling place here]. I really do feel sorry for everybody who doesn't have In-N-Out because they don't know what they're missing. It's one of the reasons I'm glad I live in California! :cool:

balamw

Staff member
Aug 16, 2005
New England
wrc fan said:
The Habit is good, but I believe it's only in So Cal.
The have a couple of locations in the central valley, but otherwise it's SB/Ventura/LA only. At < 20 locations, it's pretty close to independent, comapred to a major national or regional chain. :p

B

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
Best fast food burgers around. Shakes aren't bad either. Only one or two in the area that I know of (good thing it's not super close, I'd want to eat there more).

wrc fan

macrumors 65816
balamw said:
The have a couple of locations in the central valley, but otherwise it's SB/Ventura/LA only. At < 20 locations, it's pretty close to independent, comapred to a major national or regional chain. :p
Yeah, I didn't mean to call the habit or in'n'out lame chain restaurants, I meant places like Applebees, TGIF, Chili's, etc... The Habit seems local since I've met the wife of one of the brothers multiple times. He's also doing some other restaurant now, but I can't remember which.

erickkoch

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2003
Kalifornia
In n' Out is great, I agree. I once knew a guy from Texas who would always make a pilgrimage to In n' Out when he came to California on business because he said they don't have them in Texas. I guess it's a West Coast chain or something.

When I visit Texas a trip to Whataburger is mandatory.

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
No. But I have had one of the The 20 Hamburgers You Must Eat Before You Die

http://men.style.com/gq/features/full?id=content_2526 said:
The 20 Hamburgers You Must Eat Before You Die
Alan Richman traveled 23,750 miles and consumed more than 150,000 calories while taking the measure of 162 burgers across the country—with one goal: to find you the best damned assemblage of ground beef and buns this country serves up
The hamburger is a symbol of everything that makes America great. Straightforward, egalitarian, substantial, and good-natured, it is also a little bloody at times.

It may come big and ungarnished, the East Coast ideal, tender and untroubled by bones or gristle, everything you look for in a filet mignon but seldom find. It may be the West Coast model, swelling with vegetation, brimming with health and well-being, piled high with all that a seed catalog can provide. A great burger, regardless of regional differences, instills a sense of optimism and fulfillment, that all is right at the table or the counter or the woodgrain, screwed-to-the-floor, fast-food booth.

At its best, it eliminates the need for conversation or the urge to glance up at the TV over the bar. If you find yourself eating silently, eyes closed, ignoring everything around you, even the unavoidable burger-joint din, you have come upon a burger that can be pronounced a success.

Here are the 20 best burgers in America

20. Hamburger Sandwich
Louis' Lunch
New Haven, CT

19. Our Famous Burger
Sidetrack Bar and Grill
Ypsilanti, MI

18. Hamburger
Poag Mahone's Carvery and Ale House
Chicago

17. Double Bacon Deluxe with Cheese
Red Mill Burgers
Seattle

16. Hamburger & Fries
Burger Joint
San Francisco

15. Build Your Own Burger
The Counter
Santa Monica

14. Hamburger
J. G. Melon
New York City

13. Cheeseburger
White Manna
Hackensack, NJ

12. Hamburger
Bobcat Bite
Sante Fe

11. Grilled Bistro Burger
Bistro Don Giovanni
Napa, CA

10. Number Five
Keller's Drive-in
Dallas

9. Cheeseburger
Burger Joint, le Parker Meridien Hotel
New York City

8. Hamburger
Miller's Bar
Dearborn, MI

7. Buckhorn Burger
Buckhorn
San Antonio, NM

6. California Burger
Houston's
Santa Monica

5. Kobe Sliders
Barclay Prime
Philadelphia

4. Rouge Burger
Rouge
Philadelphia

3. Not Just a Burger
Spiced Pear Restaurant at the Chanler Hotel
Newport, RI

2. Luger Burger
Peter Luger Steak House
Brooklyn

1. Sirloin Burger
Le Tub
Hollywood, FL

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Gone but not forgotten.
EricNau said:
In n' Out is OK. I really like their fries though.
Their fries are better than their burgers, especially with that nasty "spread" as they call it.

In So Cal chains, it's Carl's, Jr., Rallys, and In-n-Out, in that order.

Rallys has seasoned, double-cooked fries and those are better than In-n-Out's, too.

me hate windows

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2002
Funny as it sounds, but I really like the burgers from Del Taco. Get the Bacon Double Del, and tell them to undercook it. In n' Out is a close second in the fast food category, though.

it5five

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2006
New York
You tell people to undercook hamburger meat?!

You're pretty much asking for some sort of nasty bacteria there.

auyongtc

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2006
In n' Out rocks... had it twice in my 3 nights stay in San Jose the last time. And if you ever get to New Zealand, try Burgerfuel (and for pizzas there, try Hell's Pizza).

And if you're in Tokyo where I am, try Freshness Burger! :)

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2005
My college pals on the west coast have been evangelising to me about In 'n Out. Unfortuantely I live in the Midwest and go to school on the East Coast. :( Over in the Midwest, though, we have Fuddruckers, which makes pretty good (and massive) burgers.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
I <3 In-n-Out burger. Reason why it's only on the westcoast? It's a family-owned chain of restaurants NOT available to franchise, they want to keep it family owned.

Anyhow, nice fresh ingredients and a simple burger and simpler menu = winner. And if I feel like a burger after a concert, they'll still be open.

There aren't all that many close to where I am right now, but there have been more opening up in the last few years.

balamw

Staff member
Aug 16, 2005
New England
iBlue said:
(That and Baja Fresh)
Baja's not quite as good since they got bought out by Wendy's and expanded very fast nationally. Still better than much of their competition, but something fundamental has changed... Maybe Wendy's will sell them since McD is getting out of Chipotle?

B

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
balamw said:
Baja's not quite as good since they got bought out by Wendy's and expanded very fast nationally. Still better than much of their competition, but something fundamental has changed... Maybe Wendy's will sell them since McD is getting out of Chipotle?

B
ooooh I didn't know they'd done that. bollocks! :p