In-Store Pickup Orders

scotio200

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2015
My order is still in progress... and I'm supposed to pick up the device tomorrow morning... :(
I wouldn't worry too much, the store will have the phone but the back of house team just haven't scanned it in the system yet.

Just think how many they will need to process, could take them a while

Reactions: kermontg

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68030
Jun 29, 2011
Hey, so I checked my Chase account this morning and saw that the pending transaction of $1243.79 from the Apple Store was removed. So I called Chase and from their end they can still see the transaction, meaning it's about to get posted and you're about to get fully charged.
[doublepost=1509635595][/doublepost]
I'm in the same boat as you!

Hopefully it gets charged tonight!
yeah hopefully!

rsbacon

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2015
Can anyone whose status changed to Ready for Pickup please post a screenshot of the email? Are there any instructions on when to show up? In my experience, you can only go during the specific time slot for reservations, but if it is already paid for and pick up in store you should be able to pick up at any time. I chose an evening window when I ordered but might be able to go to the store early in the morning instead.

Thanks!

dwendz23

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2015
My pickup is for 5-5:30 pm tomorrow. Any chance I can go in at 8 am before work tomorrow?

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Charge dropped off for me.
Hey, so I checked my Chase account this morning and saw that the pending transaction of $1243.79 from the Apple Store was removed. So I called Chase and from their end they can still see the transaction, meaning it's about to get posted and you're about to get fully charged.
[doublepost=1509635595][/doublepost]
I'm in the same boat as you!

Hopefully it gets charged tonight!
same thing happened to me.

kermontg

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
North Carolina
I just hope we get the email around 4PM today. I don't think I can fully concentrate watching Thor Ragnarok tonight if they haven't emailed me lol[/QUOTE
Can anyone whose status changed to Ready for Pickup please post a screenshot of the email? Are there any instructions on when to show up? In my experience, you can only go during the specific time slot for reservations, but if it is already paid for and pick up in store you should be able to pick up at any time. I chose an evening window when I ordered but might be able to go to the store early in the morning instead.

Thanks!

Same here, when I ordered the earliest window was 1:30 which I selected. I plan on arriving when the store open and hope I get it within that hour since Im my slot is later.

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
Those who want to go early. Please understand you wont be able to get the phone. If any of you have been to a doctors appointment before (im sure all of you have) were you able to see doc 8 hours early? Lol...

Reactions: JORDYVDBRINK

MannieSolo

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2011
Windy City
I dropped by a store today and the employee’s suggestion was as follows:

1. Show up 5 minutes before the beginning of your reservation. They will help you if there’s no one waiting from the previous window. Ideally, get in and out quickly.
2. There will be one line for people without a reservation and a separate line for people with a reservation.
3. The reserved line will be first come, first served for the current window. If there’s no one waiting for the current window, they will help people in the next window. I did not ask about if you are over 30 minutes early or late.

Thats how it worked for me last year! I was in and out in about 15mins. I even purchased an apple watch for my wife.

Reactions: kermontg

Polaroid

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2013
Ready to pickup tomorow, rang store and they said I CAN come at 8 am despite 5pm slot.

Weirdly they took the 999 the other day and when I checked bank it’s been put back but store said as long as I have confirmation of the item ready to pick up then it’s fine?

Weird!

kermontg

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
North Carolina
Thats how it worked for me last year! I was in and out in about 15mins. I even purchased an apple watch for my wife.

That seems like a good approach from Apple. I rather wait onsite than sit at home until its time to go. I rather see everyone get their's knowing it will soon to be me. I'm like big kid and cant wait until Christmas morning. :)

Reactions: MuGeN PoWeR