In-Store Pickup Orders

ct2k7

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2008
London
Did you check your bank account? Did the charge completely disappear?

You might want to either call Apple or your bank.
It's completely gone, but I can't tell if AmEx is being stupid as I can't find another pending payment (though there are a few pending on my account), I'll have to call Apple or AmEx tomorrow morning.

Reactions: AdonisSMU

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68030
Jun 29, 2011
It's completely gone, but I can't tell if AmEx is being stupid as I can't find another pending payment (though there are a few pending on my account), I'll have to call Apple or AmEx tomorrow morning.
what about your order? is it canceled as well?
[doublepost=1509572608][/doublepost]
Mine charged tax only so far but not first payment.
same here but its a pending charge since Sunday!

looselaces85

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2017
I think it’s just a hold. We won’t get charged until we get an actual receipt at the store is when we get the full charge. Which is fine with me because I was trading in a phone to go towards the price of this one.

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
Does anyone know if you can change your pick up time or even potentially change to a different pick up day?

I have an early morning time on Friday, but my scheduled may change & I might not be able to pick it up then.

I was hoping that they'd hold it for a couple of days, but I'm not sure if they'll do that (my card was charged, but it's still in the hold process like everyone else's)

Has anyone ever picked up their phone on a different day or changed their pick up to a different time (or day)

gusping

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2012
London, UK
Does anyone know if you can change your pick up time or even potentially change to a different pick up day?

I have an early morning time on Friday, but my scheduled may change & I might not be able to pick it up then.

I was hoping that they'd hold it for a couple of days, but I'm not sure if they'll do that (my card was charged, but it's still in the hold process like everyone else's)

Has anyone ever picked up their phone on a different day or changed their pick up to a different time (or day)
I don't think you can change the time, but providing you get charged, they keep your purchase for a few weeks, so don't worry!

Reactions: Coffee50

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
Cool! Thanks!
Actually I disagree.

You paid for the phone. So they can’t turn you away even if you go earlier.

But just consider that the later you go the quicker your likely to be as there will be less people waiting.

rbalkun

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2015
Actually I disagree.

You paid for the phone. So they can’t turn you away even if you go earlier.

But just consider that the later you go the quicker your likely to be as there will be less people waiting.
All of you are totally wrong, launch day items are treated totally different than normal items, last year for the 7 and the year before with the 6s they held yours for the first day, if you did not pick it up that day it got redistributed into normal store stock the next day for walk ins, that’s why you aren’t officially charged until you pick up the phone, a temporary hold is placed on your credit card to verify it’s a working card but that’s it. Any other item in the Apple store you can buy and they will hold it for 1-2 weeks but your credit card is charged when you purchase the item. I even heard rumors of this year if you don’t show up within an hour of your scheduled time they assign it to normal stock. Pretty much if you don’t make it Friday you are **** outta luck. The only good thing is they will have a supply Saturday morning of the people who didn’t pick up their phones.

Reactions: ales876 and Sean76

biopig

macrumors regular
May 15, 2014
I don't have an AMEX card, but same thing happened to my Wells Fargo account. Some holds occurred a few days then disappeared, and then a week later they were back!

cwosigns

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
All of you are totally wrong, launch day items are treated totally different than normal items, last year for the 7 and the year before with the 6s they held yours for the first day, if you did not pick it up that day it got redistributed into normal store stock the next day for walk ins, that’s why you aren’t officially charged until you pick up the phone, a temporary hold is placed on your credit card to verify it’s a working card but that’s it. Any other item in the Apple store you can buy and they will hold it for 1-2 weeks but your credit card is charged when you purchase the item. I even heard rumors of this year if you don’t show up within an hour of your scheduled time they assign it to normal stock. Pretty much if you don’t make it Friday you are **** outta luck. The only good thing is they will have a supply Saturday morning of the people who didn’t pick up their phones.
Nope. See post #66:

brkane:
Hello, I pre-ordered an iPhone X for in store pickup on launch day. I’m wondering if I can pick it up after the chosen time? Like later in the day.

Apple:
I know you are very excited to pick up your new device, and we at Apple completely understand that life happens and sometimes you cant make that appointment. Thankfully, we will keep that order for you for up to 21 days so there is no need to worry about your product. If for some reason you need to get there earlier or later than your reservation time, that is no problem whatsoever. we will have it ready for you! Of course the lines could always be a little longer but we will get you taken care of as fast as possible!

Apple:
Even for the iPhone X pre-order, huh?

Apple:
Yes.

rbalkun

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2015
I know for a fact that last year they didn't hold them...so unless something changed this year...well hope the online person is right lol

Reactions: SHKLMRE

Nkapoor124

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
IL
Here you go folks. Complete different answer then my previous live chat. I'm starting to think these employees don't know either. According to this chat you can't pick it up earlier, but can later. Store will hold up to 21 days.

Reactions: nikster0029

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68030
Jun 29, 2011
Here you go folks. Complete different answer then my previous live chat. I'm starting to think these employees don't know either. According to this chat you can't pick it up earlier, but can later. Store will hold up to 21 days.
You can pickup earlier for sure.

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
At my local store they turned people back who came early. Why? Because there are other people waiting in line for the timeframe of current time.

Reactions: nikster0029

vince2398

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2014
I preordered the phone on line 1 on the ATT Next plan for in store pickup as an upgrade. Does anyone know if I can change it to use the upgrade on line 2 instead when I pick it up at the Apple Store?

Picapau21

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2015
I have a 9.30 pick up time and was told I could go earlier by the apple chat person but deep down was thinking that actually its all up to the store on the day.