In-Store Pickup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gjm87, Sep 12, 2014.

1. gjm87 macrumors regular

Hi All,

I got a 128GB 6plus and I am picking up in store. I have an order number, but no email confirmation or charge on my CC. Is this normal for instore pickup?

Thanks,

2. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

Normal for pre-order night. They will catch up on everything in the morning.

3. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Give it time. Many people just ordered. If you have a confirmation number you are set.

I got my confirmation email for in store pickup already, but I was one of the first to get an order in on the app.

4. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

I got a confirmation email instantly, but no charge on my card yet. Called Chase to make sure it wouldn't be flagged as fraud and they said I won't have an issue.

5. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

When you preorder for in store pick up does that mean you are guaranteed in for thAT DAY?

6. Ninjasrule macrumors member

second the question- what does this mean?

7. thatdrewguy macrumors regular

Yes it means you've purchased it and they will have one on hold with your name on the shrink wrapped box.

8. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

Awesome!

9. westcoastcyc macrumors regular

I think In-Store pickup will be easier for me. Don't have to wait all day for Fed Ex to show up.

10. Tammster macrumors 6502

Tammster

So, does this mean there wont be shipping details to track (like if it were being shipped to me directly)? We don't have to watch UPS, or whatever, to see where it is... because it will just go to the store for pick-up?

11. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Still haven't been charged. Not too worried though.

12. gmhag macrumors regular

We did preorder and pickup in store for the 5 after it came out. It was such a pleasant experience. We walked up to the store with a line wrapped way down the mall (i would estimate around 100 people or more) all with tired and irritated faces. We walked up to the other side of the entrance and there was a line of about 3 people in front of us. The employee went, grabbed the iphone and had it set up for us and we were in and out within what seemed like about 15 minutes.

It took a little longer to get out of the store because Glen from the Walking Dead just happened to be getting his iphone that day right next to us. We told him how we were huge fans and he was super cool. He asked our names and told us how he really appreciated us watching the show. He was very humble.

Overall it was a very good experience and I am just hoping that next Friday will be just as good of an experience when I pick mine up.

13. sjperformance macrumors 6502

sjperformance

On apple.com pick up store is available for Att but not with the next plan. We knew about this.

14. NYY FaN macrumors 6502

NYY FaN

Also, how do are people other than the account holder able to pick up the phone?

15. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

In the order confirmation email, it says you can call your carrier to add somebody.

16. prodigee macrumors 6502a

I did instore as well. 64GB Space Gray Plus. I got a confirmation email, and a "0.00" charge to my account, from Apple instantly. I can only assume that that is the hold that they place, although I'm not sure how it works cause it was for literally no money.

If someone could explain that to me, that would be great.

17. NYY FaN macrumors 6502

NYY FaN

so as long as you're an authorized user on the wireless account, they will let you pick it up? Nothing needs to be done to add a pickup contact on Apple's end? I used my wife's apple account to order the phone since her app was actually able to get through last night to order

18. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

When you called Chase, did they see that you had made a purchase through the Apple Store, though?

My online account shows the transaction as pending, not charged (and for $0.00, as pending payments often show), but when I called a representative, they had no record of any transaction with the Apple Store this morning. Granted, it was only about 35 minutes after I ordered, but still..it showed on my account online, you'd think Chase would have been able to see it?

Either way, just concerned now that something didn't work quite right.

19. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Nope, the last transaction they saw was one I made earlier in the day. I still don't have any charges or holds from Apple, not even for $0.00.

20. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

How could you possibly know that? :D

21. shechtmr macrumors newbie

I have in store pick up set for mine as well...really hoping that its not a super long wait. Would be even better if pre-order for in store pick-up could go in at midnight!

22. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Ok..maybe this is more on the Apple-being-slammed side, and less on the Chase-has-screwed-up side?

Fingers crossed!

23. Qu3st macrumors member

same here no debit from chase. Called apple and they said everything is good to go with the order, and i should be able to pick up on the 19th.

----------

on a side note... i will be picking up my phone in grand centeral apple store located in NYC.

24. vaultwit macrumors regular

I ordered via the Apple Store App and selected "In-Store Pick Up" but when I got the email confirmation, it says delivery. I made sure to correctly select the store pick up option, and it showed my correct mall and everything. Why does it say delivery? Anyone have the same issue?

Do you think we can switch it to in-store pick up by calling Apple or waiting for the "Order Status" page to start working again?

25. Qu3st macrumors member

call apple at 1800-676-2275 they verified the order for me and made sure its for pick up.