Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
Thanks for the link but how about a heads up next time?! That dude's fingernails are nasty:eek:!

Lol I have to be honest I didn't even notice I was so focused on the case that I never paid even the slightest attention to the reviewer's hands. But now that you mention it...yikes :eek:

cprloe

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2010
Sry to bump this. I however did a video review on the Incase Slider (Black) for the iPhone 4 I thought I would share over here. I also use a screen protector and of course had the bubbling issue, but I show a quick method to solve this issue... =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mirG6-bYsvo

That looks like a good tip. Would sandpapering the underside of the lip increase the chance that the sides of your phone would get scratched?

Autokon

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
CA
I used a very fine piece to prevent that sort of thing from happening. In fact from doing that, I smoothed out some other imperfections in the molding. I feel a bit more confident in it now, go figure haha. But no, it's extremely smooth..

farmerku

macrumors regular
May 10, 2008
I'm not happy right now. Just tested the flash on the incase slider after a few weeks... results are NOT good :mad:

With the case:

vLFEkl.jpg

Without case...

Ex1qLl.jpg

I don't usually get to worked up about these things but this sucks..

oghowie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
I'm not happy right now. Just tested the flash on the incase slider after a few weeks... results are NOT good :mad:

You sure the 2nd pic even flashed? That's a huge difference.

conshok26

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

With the case:

vLFEkl.jpg

Without case...

Ex1qLl.jpg

I have the same issue too if it is a picture with a lot of open space. If there is something in the foreground for the flash to bounce off of it doesn't seem so washed out. I wonder if the "flash ring" is faulty on mine.

karl184

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2010
California
Incase Slider Users: Does the right side of the case in the (the part where the upper and lower part of the case meets) wobble when pushing it?

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
Sry to bump this. I however did a video review on the Incase Slider (Black) for the iPhone 4 I thought I would share over here. I also use a screen protector and of course had the bubbling issue, but I show a quick method to solve this issue... =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mirG6-bYsvo

I just installed the Power Support Crystal Film screen protector and also have bubbling due to the Incase Slider case. I watched your video in hopes of a solution, but I'm not to keen about having to sand down the inside lip of my case. I want the option to be able to use this case without a screen protector. I am afraid your solution would make the case to loose after removing the screen protector. I might try cutting down the $15 screen protector set, instead of sanding down a $35 case.

Can't some make a screen protector that correctly fits a case with a lip?

jpetticrew

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
Texas

With the case:

vLFEkl.jpg

Without case...

Ex1qLl.jpg

You still have the box for your Nintendo 64?! Cool!

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
I wonder if the "flash ring" is faulty on mine.
I have no issue taking picures with my Incase Slider on, using the flash. But other than the flash ring not being black or oval, there is not much else that can go wrong with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.