Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kimball

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
It's better that the fit is tight. I've had 3G sliders that would get too loose after awhile and the bottom part would occasionally come off just from taking it out of my pants.

Yeah but bubbling screen screenprotector blows, becomes really annoying :( Is ANYONE using this case + screenprotector for a while? I really do love the case, but the bubbling is really disturbing.

oghowie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Yeah but bubbling screen screenprotector blows, becomes really annoying :( Is ANYONE using this case + screenprotector for a while? I really do love the case, but the bubbling is really disturbing.

Mine was bubbling in the bottom left corner, but I actually don't notice anymore. Then it actually went away for a few days, came back, and now it's gone again. I think it has to do with the 90+ degree weather we've been having recently. My screen protector isn't a perfect install either.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008

I totally agree. When you have a screen protector on and it's perfect or close to it, you don't want to see any bubbles. Like a lot of us here, I'm pretty anal about that stuff and I don't want to look at imperfections when I'm looking at the front of my phone.

Plus it was just too damn tight anyway. It seriously felt like I was going to break the case (or my phone) putting the thing on. It should be snug yes, but it feels like it's going to scratch your phone just putting it on. I understand the close tolerances but allowing for a screen protector should be a no-brainer. It should be very smooth putting it on and taking it off and it's anything but.

Kimball

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
I totally agree. When you have a screen protector on and it's perfect or close to it, you don't want to see any bubbles. Like a lot of us here, I'm pretty anal about that stuff and I don't want to look at imperfections when I'm looking at the front of my phone.

Plus it was just too damn tight anyway. It seriously felt like I was going to break the case (or my phone) putting the thing on. It should be snug yes, but it feels like it's going to scratch your phone just putting it on. I understand the close tolerances but allowing for a screen protector should be a no-brainer. It should be very smooth putting it on and taking it off and it's anything but.

But its pretty smooth to put on without back or front-shield right? Otherwise Id be afrair to put it on!

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
But its pretty smooth to put on without back or front-shield right? Otherwise Id be afrair to put it on!

Yes, goes in just fine without back or front protectors. I was able to do that but have vinyl wraps on the side and it still worked. Ultimately the big deal breaker was the inability to use a screen protector.

ahfu25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
I just got white incase slider on my iphone and has no bubble problem. I have the sgp screen protector on.

I saw the white incase at bestbuy and was thinking of buying it. Would you mind posting a picture of your iP4 with the case on?

Megalobyte

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2007
Florida
My incase slider went on just fine with my SGP oleo protector on. Fits perfectly, snug, but comes off just fine if needed. I do occasionally see a tiny bubble in the very corners, they seem to come and go depending on heat possibly, but they're well off the viewable screen and anal as I am I can live with it.

As I found with my 3GS, after trying lots of cases, I always come back to the matte incase sliders, they just work so well for me.

tkao2025

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2010
New York

I agree....I love the look of the case, but need to make sure my Power Support Anti-glare is able to be fitted. I love this screen protector and won't use the phone without it.

Kimball

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
Interesting, seems like some ppl are lucky with this case + screen protector. I suppose my BSE skin might be a tad thicker than SGP Oleo though? Gaaah decision agony..

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
I had the Oleo and it bubbled in 6 or 7 places. The install was spot on too so there's nothing more I could've done. Shame since the slider is a good case

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
I had the Oleo and it bubbled in 6 or 7 places. The install was spot on too so there's nothing more I could've done. Shame since the slider is a good case

See - that's exactly what I'm talking about. Your screen protector is on perfect and the Slider still bubbles it. They have to leave some wiggle room for people with screen protectors. You can't make the damn thing so tight and so perfect that you can only use it with a bare phone. I'd be curious to know how many people use cases without a screen protector. I would guess that the number would be low but maybe I'm wrong about that.

It's not like it's the end of the world if I can't use the Slider since I already have a case that doesn't bubble my PS, but I really do like the case. I actually used to like the Seidio Innocase more than the Slider but I think this time around the Slider has it beat (at least in theory:p). If they can take care of this bubbling issue, I'll most certainly buy one but I don't think that's going to happen. At least I was able to try it and get a full refund - nothing lost except my time.

Macmar88

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2010
@psywzrd I just got the white slider and I don't use a SP I had the invishield on first couple day I got the iphone (launch day) but took it off haven't had on since and not on scratch at all. So I gues I'm that rare person thou Incase I think just did too good a job if that's possible .. Even taking off my slider I feel like I'm about to break my phone oh well just my two cents

chormadito

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2010
For anyone who wants to use a SP with the case.... simply just trim the side of the SP. It will work fine if you trim it just a bit. The case front lip will cover the side of the SP that you trimmed so it looks like if you never did.

UltraZ33

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
I'm retiring my incase slider, i found a scratch on my phone. Im a little mad but there's really nothing that I can do about it.

SheepNutz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Kantuckee
Actually you would be wrong about that since some people in this very thread have stated that the case works with their screen protectors :rolleyes:. So for the people who can't, the question becomes, why doesn't it work for them too?

Just because it works with some screen protectors doesn't mean it was designed to work with them.

SheepNutz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Kantuckee
How would one know that this case is not designed to accommodate screen protectors?.

I would say the tight fit of the case is reason enough to believe that it wasn't designed to be used in that way. I'm just saying that people shouldn't get mad if it doesn't work with their screen protector. If it works, that's all good, but Incase has made no claims that it will work with screen protectors, so people shouldn't just assume that it will work.

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2006
heres the question though: did you try using the PS back as well?

i used SGP oleo front and PS back. didnt come off so well.

No, I didn't. Since the back is glass now, I'm not too worried about scratches as much as I am it shattering. So the back is naked. It's to be expected that it will be extremely tight if you're using a back skin though, it's just common sense. There isn't much play on the back, and with the rubber rail, it's going to be extremely difficult to remove.

HotRod248

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2010
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I bought an Incase slider from best buy and tried to put it on with my bodyguardz on the front screen. Needless to say, it bubbled up on me. Disappointing. Searching for a bit i found the casecrown slider to be a hell of a lot more compatible with a screen protector. Anyone else using the casecrown "glider" here? Hell mine was something like $16 shipped.

Kimball

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I bought an Incase slider from best buy and tried to put it on with my bodyguardz on the front screen. Needless to say, it bubbled up on me. Disappointing. Searching for a bit i found the casecrown slider to be a hell of a lot more compatible with a screen protector. Anyone else using the casecrown "glider" here? Hell mine was something like $16 shipped.

You mean: http://www.casecrown.com/iphone-4/polycarbonate-glider/iphone-4-case-polycarbonate-glider-black ? The Casecrown one looks ALOT thinner vs. the Incase slider, which might be both positive and negative, I assume it wont offer as much drop protection being that much thinner :(

Dr Lu 2010

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2008
Anyone have success on putting the case on without bubbling with a switcheasy NUDE screen protector on the front only??

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008

Any pics? Looks decent but I'd like to see it up close with a screen protector as well. Is the texture similar to the Incase Slider and the Seidio Innocase?

fr00b

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2009
UK
Anyone actually ordered from Incase themselves and had it shipped to UK?

What's the service like? Thinking of ordering the Gunmetal slider myself

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.