Incase Slider Case for 3G iPhone at Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JuNxXxReY, Aug 13, 2008.

1. JuNxXxReY macrumors regular

Hello,

I've been making occasional trips to the Apple Store waiting for the Incase Slider case to come out for the 3G iPhone. I realize that it's available for order at Incase's website, but I would rather skip-out on the $10 shipping & handling fee and wait for the it to become available at retail stores. Has anyone seen the case at their local Apple Store(s)?

Thanks!

2. carrjar macrumors member

Not yet.

I was there on Tuesday...nothing yet.

3. tchait macrumors newbie

Pictures of Black Incase Slider for iPhone 3G

My local Apple Store had a new shipment of the Incase Slider case for the new iPhone. I traded out my Orange Incase Protective Cover for the black matte Slider.

Attached Files:

4. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

That thing is sexy.

5. gmail macrumors member

I just called around a bunch of Apple Stores and most will have the matte black Incase Slider in stock. Many just received them half an hour ago actually.

No word on when they'll receive white or black colors.

6. cookiemoose macrumors member

My local Apple store (UK - Arndale) said they haven't received any information about it.

Anyone in the US want to buy me one? :(

7. MxChino macrumors member

I just litteraly walked out of the apple store in Columbus Ohio and they had them. 2 were sold as I was standing there, but I went with the blue iskin revo.

8. divang macrumors member

For the people who bought it already.

Does it have protection on the back that allows your to slide it in ok. Also does the box come with anything else other then the case itself?

Im wondering if this thing will work with something that has a screen protector already or is the case to tight around the edge?

9. ahcl20 macrumors member

It's not in stock in the Glasgow one either...

10. JuNxXxReY thread starter macrumors regular

Black Matte Only...

Thanks everyone for posting your replies. Has anyone seen the glossy white at their local Apple Store? I've only saw the black matte ones when I went to the Apple Store, Town Square, here in Las Vegas. Thanks again!

11. dizash macrumors member

dizash

I saw your pics on two threads and it looks awesome! Can you tell me which Apple store you bought it at? I stopped by the SOHO (NY) store yesterday early afternoon and they did not have.
    Thanks.

12. ahcl20 macrumors member

Just fallen to temptation and bought one on US ebay.

Don't think the UK Apple Store will have them soon. When the Slider for the original iPhone was released, it took the UK Apple Store about 2 months to stock them!

13. tchait macrumors newbie

I bought mine in Boulder, Colorado. Like other people are saying, the Apple Store only had the black matte in stock. There are rubber bumpers on the inside of the case that provide protection to the back of the iPhone when sliding into the case. The case doesn't come with any other accessories, but I am very happy. The matte has a great feel and finish to it.

14. cookiemoose macrumors member

Thanks for the heads up, just purchased one myself. :D

Edit: I have also have some Bodyguardz on the way, anyone know if BG and this case go together?

15. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Mine is being delivered today (glossy white :)) I currently have the full bodyguardz on my phone, but am fully expecting to have to take the back off. I will post the answer and pictures tonight when I pick it up!

16. Wailord macrumors 6502

I'm in Vegas, too; any news on if Town Square has the white ones in stock? What about Fashion Show?

17. slapppy macrumors 65816

Arrrgh no fair. I ordered on the 12th, it didn't ship till today! :rolleyes:

18. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

My local Apple store got both colors in, they are holding a black one for me.

19. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Haha, I ordered mine that day too, however I'm only 40 miles away from Incase. :D

That being said, I was shocked that my local store didn't have any, because, as I said, its only about 40 miles away from where the things are shipping from...

20. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Just a quick question, does anyone else who owns this case have a slight little gap on the back where the bottom piece meets the top?

Is this normal?

I see that pic above looks to have a similar space. Is this to make removing the bottom section easier?

21. SimplyBlue macrumors member

You can swivel that piece out which will allow you to use the dock to charge/sync.

22. audibird macrumors newbie

As of today around noon, not in stock at the Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Apple Store.

23. kjs862 macrumors 65816

kjs862

Nice case. Not sure if i'm going to go for one of them or a vaja.

24. justinreclicks macrumors newbie

im not so sure about slide cases
    what is the case gives the phone scratches while you take the phone out and in

25. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain