Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JCMacConvert

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2008
How many of you guys have gotten your chrome bezel scratched from using the incase slider? Id like to know if its a really common occurrence or if its just isolated cases, maybe just bad luck? Im still undecided as to which case to buy my two options at the moment are the incase slider or an ultra slim sena pouch, i know they are two completely different things. The reason id buy the pouch is because i like the naked iphone but im afraid i might drop it at some point this is where the incase slider comes to mind, a case to have always on and still be able to use the phone freely. What do you think guys??

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
How many of you guys have gotten your chrome bezel scratched from using the incase slider? Id like to know if its a really common occurrence or if its just isolated cases, maybe just bad luck? Im still undecided as to which case to buy my two options at the moment are the incase slider or an ultra slim sena pouch, i know they are two completely different things. The reason id buy the pouch is because i like the naked iphone but im afraid i might drop it at some point this is where the incase slider comes to mind, a case to have always on and still be able to use the phone freely. What do you think guys??

I have the white slider. It started to scratch the bezel area where the two cases meet. I never take the bottom off to dock. I always use the cable. I guess the small movement within those points and where they meet is enough to create a scratch.

Got the NEO instead. Best protection and so far no bezel scratches.

I'll keep my slider as a backup.

slick316

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2005
I have had the matte black finish slider case on my 3G for a couple weeks now.
So far, the finish hasn't shown any signs of fading/cracking/peeling.
I have noticed that the bezel has scratches on it. None of the scratches are big/deep, all are light and can only be seen at certain angles, nothing to lose sleep over.
I got my monies worth out of the case when I actually dropped my phone on the concrete. The case barely shows signs of it being dropped, and the phone itself has no damage. The phone fell on the top left corner, and landed on the face. The raised edge of the case kept the screen from getting scratched, which was a huge relief.
So far, I like this case. I don't care about the scratches at all, that cheesy bezel isn't meant to hold anyways (and when I feel like it, I'm "brushing" mine, I hate the bling bling chrome look anyways).
Incase Slider case is a good hard case in my opinion, already got 3 friends using them.

Dizle

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2008
The Beach
Just got my Matt Black incase slider and I love it! The fit, finish and feel of the case is awesome. In my opinion it looks much better than the Capsul rebel which I ran since july. This case is slimmer, looks more professional without the weird case design and doesn't collect dust in all the cracks of the case like the rebel does. The buttons are much easier to press because they are exposed.

Only downside I see is the price, but in reality what is $10 more than other cases to protect your iphone? Its not much... I wish I would have gone with this from the beginning but hey you live and learn. I give it 10/10, worth the extra money over other cases.

BLACK MAC

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2007
Just got my Matt Black incase slider and I love it! The fit, finish and feel of the case is awesome. In my opinion it looks much better than the Capsul rebel which I ran since july. This case is slimmer, looks more professional without the weird case design and doesn't collect dust in all the cracks of the case like the rebel does. The buttons are much easier to press because they are exposed.

Only downside I see is the price, but in reality what is $10 more than other cases to protect your iphone? Its not much... I wish I would have gone with this from the beginning but hey you live and learn. I give it 10/10, worth the extra money over other cases.

You will love it until it starts cracking/peeling. Give it a few weeks before that happens. I had the gunmetal slider and the paint is starting to crack on the back where the two pieces slide together. These are nice cases, but too many defects to deal with. I am going to go back with the griffin wave case. Since I have had no problems with it.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
Anyone interested in buying my lightly used White Slider for 3G? $25 OBO!

Very, very light use -- just not in to cases (again).

iMetalG5

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2005
You will love it until it starts cracking/peeling. Give it a few weeks before that happens. I had the gunmetal slider and the paint is starting to crack on the back where the two pieces slide together. These are nice cases, but too many defects to deal with. I am going to go back with the griffin wave case. Since I have had no problems with it.

OR my friend (i have posted this a few times) who dropped his down some concrete stairs it did chip apart (paint) and protected the bezel and back. so... his iPhone died after the fall and he chipped the glass and got fine scratches since he did not have a screen protector. Granted i don't know if a screen protector would have stopped the chip in the glass...

BLACK MAC

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2007
OR my friend (i have posted this a few times) who dropped his down some concrete stairs it did chip apart (paint) and protected the bezel and back. so... his iPhone died after the fall and he chipped the glass and got fine scratches since he did not have a screen protector. Granted i don't know if a screen protector would have stopped the chip in the glass...

Doubt it. I have always had my phone cased. But I noticed the back of the phone there are alot of cracks on it. By the volume button, around the camera, and by the sim card hold. So much for investing on a cell phone case and still getting damage. I might of just used it naked and take the risk. =\

room237

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2008
Queens, NYC
iPhone gets stuck?

I've been reading reviews that this case is so tight that the iPhone gets stuck inside and is extremely difficult to remove. Has anyone had this problem?

iMetalG5

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2005
I've been reading reviews that this case is so tight that the iPhone gets stuck inside and is extremely difficult to remove. Has anyone had this problem?

i tried putting one on at the Apple store and it is tight but no, i could pull it out fine. My friend's was the same way although he is not going to put his now "refurb'ed" iPhone 3G in one again. I don't see anything wrong with it but he had a bad accident with his old iPhone in it and now wants to buy a Otterbox to protect his 'love'.

just that if you put a screen protector on it might get in the way if you don't put it on exactly

skorpien

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008

I noticed mine was a little tight when I first tried to get it off, but it seems to have become easier to remove with time. You also have to remember when pulling it out that the volume buttons and silent switch may catch on the edge, so prying that side slightly with your fingernail may assist in removing it. I've also heard that it may be a problem with the initial batch and that subsequent batches have been fixed, but I haven't had problems with mine overall.

M Powered

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
I got the matte black slider a few days ago. Do ALL sliders have the problem of peeling? I can't imagine they do because these sell like hot cakes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.