Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smacky

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2008
Wow thats kind of ironic that a protective case would actually case damage to the thing its meant to protect heh

BLACK MAC

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2007
My matte black one is completely stuck on my iPhone. What do I do?? I can't even use a pencil eraser to push it out from the top!

I bet it's just the bottom part that is stuck. It happend to me. Just keep trying and it will come off.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
My matte black one is completely stuck on my iPhone. What do I do?? I can't even use a pencil eraser to push it out from the top!

I have heard that the first batch of these Sliders were all pretty tight. Try to get it off and then send it back to Incase and they will re-issue you the new (looser) model. I just got one myself and haven't had any troubles with it...

Wow thats kind of ironic that a protective case would actually case damage to the thing its meant to protect heh

Yes, but the Slider isn't the only one that scratches up your phone. I first had a the Elan Form (hard leather case) and that put dings all over the back of my iPhone.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
I have heard that the first batch of these Sliders were all pretty tight. Try to get it off and then send it back to Incase and they will re-issue you the new (looser) model. I just got one myself and haven't had any troubles with it...

Yes, but the Slider isn't the only one that scratches up your phone. I first had a the Elan Form (hard leather case) and that put dings all over the back of my iPhone.

The thing is that I just got my phone replaced yesterday. My previous one fit fine and came out easily. This new one is stuck for good. I can't get it to budge. I'm going to run by the Apple Store this afternoon and see if they can get it out before I damage something. Are phones not the same size??

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
The thing is that I just got my phone replaced yesterday. My previous one fit fine and came out easily. This new one is stuck for good. I can't get it to budge. I'm going to run by the Apple Store this afternoon and see if they can get it out before I damage something. Are phones not the same size??

I would assume that all iPhones are created equal, but who knows. I just read somewhere that there was an issue with the first batch of Slider 3Gs.

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008
Anyone know of a leather case with a belt clip that would nicely hold the incase slider. I currently have the incase folio and i am sure that it no longer going to work, thanks.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
Anyone know of a leather case with a belt clip that would nicely hold the incase slider. I currently have the incase folio and i am sure that it no longer going to work, thanks.

You could try Case-Mate's products -- I know they have something like this. However, I think you would need to ditch the slider and go with all Case-Mate products.

SpookyET

Oct 6, 2008
I put it on once and it already scratched my bezel. I'm done with cases. I'm installing film from now on.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
I put it on once and it already scratched my bezel. I'm done with cases. I'm installing film from now on.

Out of curiosity, which color of the variety of sliders did you put that caused the scratch? Black Matte, White glossy, Magenta, or Gunmetal?

SpookyET

Oct 6, 2008
Out of curiosity, which color of the variety of sliders did you put that caused the scratch? Black Matte, White glossy, Magenta, or Gunmetal?

White glossy. It got scratched by the upper case at the top and on the right.
I cleaned the thing very well before I installed it. I cleaned the iPhone as well. This has happened after one day of use. Imagine if you kept it for a few months. Plastic cannot touch the iPhone. Full stop.

SpookyET

Oct 6, 2008
White glossy. It got scratched by the upper case at the top and on the right.
I cleaned the thing very well before I installed it. I cleaned the iPhone as well. This has happened after one day of use. Imagine if you kept it for a few months. Plastic cannot touch the iPhone. Full stop.

I've had it with all these cases meant to protect your phone. I wiped the fingerprints and saw scratches and blemishes all over the silver bezel. It's a $37 piece of crap. Brand new phone. I had it for a week. No scratches whatsoever. I finally decide to protect it, and I this damn thing scratches the hell out of my bezel.

BrokenE

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
Houston
When I bought my 3g, i also bought a leather Griffin case for it thinking that leather, although not the best looking IMHO, would at least protect it decently being that, well, it's leather. I was wrong! My bezel also got scratched. My point is, not sure what the bezel is made of but the material must be pretty soft for leather to scratch it. I would bet that the bezel will scratch with or without a case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.