incipio feather iphone4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dork420, Jun 25, 2010.

1. dork420 macrumors regular

hey all this is my first iPhone and I'm stoked. I'm looking for protection and was pretty set on just getting a wrapsol ultra and calling it a day. Then I started reading threads about people freaking out about the glass so I am considering getting a case.

I think the incipio feather looks sweet on my buddy's 3GS but how much protection will it give over just the wrapsol ultra? I like the look of the iPhone 4 so I'm not getting a case to change the look. just protection. I'm also a minimalist and like sleak.

The Apple bumper looks thick and I don;t want to take it off every time I dock it or use it with my car adapter.

So my options:
    1- wrapsol ultra solo
    2- wrapsol ultra and feather
    3- just feather
    4- wrapsol and another case(???)

2. fabianvs macrumors regular

fabianvs

3. BobboZR2 macrumors regular

I've purchased many (and I mean MANY) cases for my 3G/3GS and after it was all said and done I always went back to my Feather. I am a loyal fan of their product at this point and could not wait to order the new one for the iP4. I just noticed they were on sale now actually (They were not for sale yesterday) so naturally I sprung out of bed to place my order this evening.

The Feather protects the phone more than a skin while maintaining the phone's sleekness unlike a bulky case. It's IMO the best of both worlds for an iPhone case. I can't wait until it gets here.

4. Shawnstra macrumors regular

I have used an Incipio feather for at least 2 years now and it's great. The material is matte for easy gripping, and the material does not scratch as such. Don't expect much from drop protection, but it prevents scratches, etc.

FYI, i'll be getting an Incipio Feather for the iPhone 4 too. I'll buy a crap case and use it until they release it.

5. rmastbro macrumors member

Another FYI:

The Incipio Feather case is NOW available (In-Stock and Ships Immediately!) for purchase for iPhone 4 in BLACK, PINK and GREEN ... Just ordered a black one a few minutes ago ....

http://www.myincipio.com/iphone-4-cases/iphone-4-feather-hard-shell-case/

6. BobboZR2 macrumors regular

Yeah, I wonder if he missed my post where I mentioned that I just noticed they were on sale and got out of bed to order one. This is the only case I've been waiting for. I hope they eventually have the dark blue (midnight blue) one like they did for the 3G/S

7. Shawnstra macrumors regular

Oh I see. Anyway being from Singapore, I can only get my iPhone in July. And the Apple Premium Reseller will only get it in a while later, so I have to get another case first.

8. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

9. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Well, since the front and back are glass, even small pieces of dirt getting between the feather and the iPhone 4 would cause slight scratching I think. I could be wrong. If someone ever tries it and Wrapsol works with it, I'll be sold. Until then, I'm sticking to the bumper!

I agree, it's a beautiful case.

10. zorahk macrumors 6502

I'm installing both the wrapsol and the feather.

Also just FYI, it's pretty much impossible anything to get between the feather and the phone. Had this for the 3GS and it's a really, really tight fit.

11. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

I want either a white or gray feather. The wait is killing me. I really wish they'd plan this better so the cases would be ready on launch.

12. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Let me know how it goes trying to get the Feather over the Wrapsol. I'm interested.

13. WahooSF macrumors newbie

Flash?

Do you guys think this case will alter pictures taken with flash? I've noticed that several cases have this problem...including the one I just purchased.

14. Shawnstra macrumors regular

I'm not sure, but I have a feeling this will be a little different. Because it's so thin, it doesn't really create kinda like a "cave", where the light gets messed up. But no one is sure until someone gives it a test.

15. dork420 thread starter macrumors regular

hey thanks for all the post!

I'm still trying to determine if the feather offers more drop protection than the wrapsol ultra.

On the 3GS the feather with it's matte look, IMO made the phone look better. Since the redesign, I feel it is wrong to cover up the backglass for some reason and a like the metal band. So as a scratch and dig protector, I have no doubt the feather stands tall, but will it do a better job than the wrapsol ultra.

Maybe both combined could "double" the drop protection. Ughh. I know it a compromise between form and function. But ultimately I'm looking for a worth wild supplement to the Ultra.

16. Chetoc230 macrumors member

for those of you with the incipio feather "matte" material on your old phones.

does it also cause the dust magnet problem that silicone cases cause?

i used to have a silicone case and everytime i took it out of my jean pocket it was covered in dust. just wondering if this matte material gathers all that also?

17. i eversaw macrumors regular

i eversaw

I swore by the Incipio Feather for my 3GS. It's an excellent case that really stood the test of time. It grips really well, and does not scuff. Coupled with Incipio's amazing customer service, I can safely say that it is a great choice.

18. Chetoc230 macrumors member

does it gather dust in your pocket?

19. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Returned my Griffin Reveal the other day because of the flash issue, excited to see that Incipio's shipping the Feather now. Just ordered one. Can't wait to check it out!

20. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I was just about to order a feather when I noticed the front edge has a big gap for the volume buttons. The temporary case I'm using now (ifrogz) isn't missing that bit. Seems like there would be a certain amount of rigidity lost without that edge, as well as a break in the otherwise clean appearance when viewed straight on. Interesting that none of the feather photos show it straight on.

21. i eversaw macrumors regular

i eversaw

Not once.

For comparison, here is my old case (sorry the lighting is bad)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. telarmago macrumors member

Ordered. I plan on using just this case with my phone (no skins, screen protectors, or the like). The aesthetics are especially strong, and the matte finish entails a great grip with little to no finger grease showing (one thing that turned me away from the CandyShell). This thing blows any other slim-fit case, such as the the iFrogz Luxe Lean, completely out of the water. The only downside to me, and this applies to all slim-fit cases, is the lower amount protection. However, I never seriously damaged my 3G for 1.5 years (dropped it maybe 2-3 times, and I'm fairly certain it was naked & thus slippery at the time), so I'm sure this feather will be just fine. I will still be extra careful :D

23. ihonda macrumors 68000

green out of stock, waiting for blue, it will look nice w/ the white iphone ;)

24. dork420 thread starter macrumors regular

well now I'm leaning with just going with the feather.
    While I would like to see the naked band and the overall look of the phone, I think the smudges on the back glass, skin or no skin, will drive me nuts.

Doesn't seem to be any point to combo with the ultra either. Plus getting both is just too much money IMO.

Would love to see some pics when you guys get the feather.

25. glen e macrumors 68030

think the feather will work with the new I4 dock?