Incipio iPhone 5 Cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ghsNick, Sep 14, 2012.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

So I saw 2 great screen protectors but I'm going to wait to see what they look like (a YouTube video review from a buyer on this website would be awesome) before I buy one.

I love my Incipio Feather and now there are 2 versions of it for the iPhone 5.

The Feather Shine

The Feather

I can't really tell the difference between the two but the finish on the Feather Shine looks better. They're shipping on the 21st so let's make this the official thread and keep it updated.

In case you're wondering, I bought this cheap bumper off Amazon to hold me over and it arrives in 3 days. I'll post picture of what it looks like when I get it.

2. RaidersFan223 macrumors member

RaidersFan223

The dualpro one looks nice I think. Is there enough protection with the feather?

3. breezie macrumors member

I saw a Amazon review on the Galaxy S3 version say that the Feather Shine killed their wifi when in use. It could of easily been a fake review to discredit incipio but who knows. Does anyone else have any experience with this case?

4. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Yeah any other reviews for other cases that are similar would be good...but if anyone orders one of these things post a review...

5. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

Just ordered the Feather Shine, I like the idea of brushed Metal. Been using a Feather on my 4s and love it.

6. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

7. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

8. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

If you did the black one would you mind posting a video/pictures of it after you get both your case and phone?

9. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

I did get the black one and will be happy to post pics once I have everything. Based on my order status at Apple it may be a few weeks however.

10. MadDog31 macrumors 6502a

Just picked up the Feather for my incoming iPhone 5. Incipio makes great stuff, and I've been more than thrilled with their back protection for the iPad 3.

I could take some pics when everything comes in if I remember. I have a 9/21 arrival on the phone with a USPS shipment of 5-7 days that I hope goes faster.

11. danielsmu macrumors regular

Anyone have any discount codes for Incipio to sweeten the deal? I tried googling but all the ones I found were expired already.

12. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Great...yeah if you could just post pictures of each case...they both look great but I can't really tell the difference between the Feather and Feather Shine.

13. phantomsd macrumors 6502

phantomsd

I picked up an Incipio feather in black (my go-to for iPhones). Will post up pics as well. The Shine version looks real nice but I was afraid the back would get all scratched up.

14. emaja macrumors 68000

The price is right and it looks every bit as good as my Incipio, so I placed my order this afternoon. It has already been shipped! I'll have it before my phone arrives.

15. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Yea post any pics/vis of that one too...it looks nice but I'm not a huge fan of 2 piece cases because I'm always afraid it'll detach or something. But it looks like it covers the front better.

16. emaja macrumors 68000

I wasn't in love with the idea of a two piece case, but I have the Incipio Edge Pro and I really like it. Nice protection and it never EVER feels like it is going to come off. The Casecrown looks about the same and since they are shipping already I decided to give it a shot.

17. kyellowness, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

kyellowness macrumors regular

Ordered the feather SHINE in black:

[​IMG]

also going to order spigen's ultra thin air in black. gonna see which one i like better and return the other.

18. LostAggie macrumors 6502

They need to get a clear or translucent model ASAP!!!

19. Chromie macrumors member

20. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

21. janita macrumors member

The Casecrown cases are also on Amazon - in stock and less expensive.

22. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

I preordered their "Kicksnap" case... having a built in kickstand comes in handy to me, and I won't mind the extra 2mm depth (over their "feather" case).

[​IMG]

23. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

THat actually looks really nice...my concern is making sure the kick stand snaps and place and doesn't come lose...A picture/video on that would be awesome too!!! I went through and bought like 4 cases with my 4S so this time I'm not gonna pull the trigger until I know what (I think) I like lol

24. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

I too will get the Kicksnap case (in white). Just wish I could have it on launch day... Wonder if BB will have it. :confused:

25. Ethernaut05 macrumors newbie

I'm VERY interested in either the Duo Shine or the Feather Shine...it's metallic in color ONLY but it's a substance that is made of polycarbonate. If you look on the site it says clear as day..."this item is radio translucent".