Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following confirmation from Apple CEO Steve Jobs late last week that the first batch of orders for the new Apple TV remain on schedule for availability by the end of the month, a number of MacRumors readers are reporting today that their orders are now showing as "prepared for shipment", the final processing step before moving into the hands of delivery companies.

221822-apple_tv_2010_shipment_prepared.jpg

Despite many customers reporting late last week that their credit cards had been charged, some questions about possible availability delays arose after some early customers who had opted for expedited shipping were notified by Apple that the shipping charges were being refunded due to difficulties meeting the company's delivery commitments.

Article Link: Initial Orders for New Apple TV Being Prepared for Shipment

ovrlrd

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2009
Mine still says, "Not Shipped" but I am sure that Apple is preparing to ship them out on Monday or Tuesday. Hope I get it before the weekend, I look forward to playing around with AirPlay (iPad w/4.2 beta).

the vj

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2006
Why buying an Apple TV when I have Netflix? Netflix has more shows and is way cheaper. I mean, I have my MBP and I can watch a bunch of stuff and the Apple TV does not have as much content as Netflix.

I do not get it, the Apple TV may be better in a year from now but today is not a good deal at all.

Shanpdx

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2008
Blazer town!
four more days to Oct 1st, so hopefully all the Apple TV orders ships in next four days! :D

next comes macbook refreshes! 4GB RAM please!

Why buying an Apple TV when I have Netflix? Netflix has more shows and is way cheaper. I mean, I have my MBP and I can watch a bunch of stuff and the Apple TV does not have as much content as Netflix.

I do not get it, the Apple TV may be better in a year from now but today is not a good deal at all.

you can use Apple tv to watch netflix also

stevehp

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2006
It's not a house, it's a home.

For $99 i get Apple content and I can play netflix all on the AppleTV without needing to plug in my mbp every time.

b11051973

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2006
My order shows 'prepared for shipment'. Hooray!!!

I sold my old Apple TV Friday and shipped it off to its new home Saturday.

alectheking

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2010
I'm very curious as to when mine will ship. I ordered it 2 days ago and says ships by October 18 but I wanna say that I have a hard time believing apple sold through enough of these already to push the date back that far. Either much higher demand than before or they really didn't build to many before announcement.

ugp

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2008
Inverness, Florida
Ordered mine day one and still not prepared for shipment.

I also paid for overnight shipping on mine. Be nice if it ships tomorrow.

agenda893

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2004
I can't wait to get mine. If you have a developer store account you can get it for $89 - hard deal to pass up.

capwkidd

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2009
I hope they ship from CA, because I live in CA ;)! Max is 2 day shipment even for ground in CA.... I just hope they send UPS, I hate fedex...

goMac

Contributor
Apr 15, 2004
Who would want to watch only in 720p? I wouldn't:D

For $99, I don't really care.

Seriously, $99 for an AirPlay streamer is a great deal. iPad only plays 720p anyway. As far as I'm concerned, anything else is just a bonus feature.

If I need 1080p, I've got a Bluray player. But I have a feeling I won't be using it much more after this.

(And, for the record, I'm a self proclaimed audio and video phile.)

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Mine says the shipping method is US Postal. Since I don't remember what type of shipping I clicked on when I ordered is Postal a normal way of shipping for Apple ?

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
For $99, I don't really care.

Seriously, $99 for an AirPlay streamer is a great deal. iPad only plays 720p anyway. As far as I'm concerned, anything else is just a bonus feature.

If I need 1080p, I've got a Bluray player. But I have a feeling I won't be using it much more after this.

(And, for the record, I'm a self proclaimed audio and video phile.)

This is exactly the point of the new AppleTV. It's not meant to be a stand alone, take-over-everything player. It's meant to accompany and compliment your existing setup, and adding in the support to beam content from a iDevice over to it is just icing on the cake.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.