Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vniow

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
I've noticed in a few threads recently that when you use the [ ATTACH ] [/ ATTACH] tags for an image you've uploaded it doesn't seem to work. Older ones are alright but it seems from at least yesterday on, there's been trouble.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
vniow said:
I've noticed in a few threads recently that when you use the [ ATTACH ] [/ ATTACH] tags for an image you've uploaded it doesn't seem to work. Older ones are alright but it seems from at least yesterday on, there's been trouble.

I think it's fixed for now.

arn

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Ah...thank you! I thought I was just effing it up when I was having problems earlier today. But I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong...it's not all that hard, and I've done it lots of times.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Is anybody else still having a few attachment-related problems? The main thing I'm seeing is attachments taking a very long time to load. This has been going on for several days...possibly since the server adjustments made on Friday.

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
I have noticed attachments taking a while to load. Several times I was about to tell someone that there image is missing and then about 10-20 seconds after the rest of the page finished loading the attachment appears.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I made a change. is it any better?

arn

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
So far so good...I haven't noticed any problems. I'll keep an eye on it.

One other problem I've been noticing with attachments: When composing a post, I click on the paperclip and the attachments window opens. I click through the steps and add my attachment. In the past, after adding the attachment, the main reply window would refresh to show the added attachment in the "Attach Files" section. It no longer does this. In order to see the attachment in the main window (useful when trying to get the ID number for inline attachments), I have to either reload the attachments window or click on "Manage Attachments" in the main window again. (FYI, I'm on Safari and Tiger.)

Anybody else experiencing this?

L

Lau

WildCowboy said:
So far so good...I haven't noticed any problems. I'll keep an eye on it.

One other problem I've been noticing with attachments: When composing a post, I click on the paperclip and the attachments window opens. I click through the steps and add my attachment. In the past, after adding the attachment, the main reply window would refresh to show the added attachment in the "Attach Files" section. It no longer does this. In order to see the attachment in the main window (useful when trying to get the ID number for inline attachments), I have to either reload the attachments window or click on "Manage Attachments" in the main window again. (FYI, I'm on Safari and Tiger.)

Anybody else experiencing this?

Yep, I've had this. It's not a huge problem, but just a wee bit annoying. Camino and Tiger here.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
WildCowboy said:
It no longer does this. In order to see the attachment in the main window (useful when trying to get the ID number for inline attachments), I have to either reload the attachments window or click on "Manage Attachments" in the main window again. (FYI, I'm on Safari and Tiger.)

ya... unfortunately, the recent server changes prevents the original window to refresh. I don't know if there's an easy solution for that.

arn

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
ya, was a temporary problem due to the server issue.

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.