MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple released a number of updates today for Intel Macs, RAW Camera support and X11:

Apple released firmware updates for all of the Intel Macs:

iMac EFI Firmware Update 1.1
MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update 1.2
MacBook EFI Firmware Update 1.0
Mac mini EFI Firmware Update 1.1
Mac Pro EFI Firmware Update 1.1

The updates provide fixes for Boot Camp, start up, and wake-from-sleep issues on all computers listed.

Apple also posted minor updates to Digital Camera RAW Support Update 1.0.1 and X11 Update 2006 1.1.3

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors 601
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
Ooh, new firmware for my Mac Pro! Downloading now. Funny how my computer just crashed completely for the first time about ten seconds ago(This computer needs to be restarted).

Comment

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
People who moved those font files should be able to move them back into place, unless they've been replaced with the update.

Comment

mingisback

macrumors regular
May 21, 2003
United States
Maybe this new Firmware will work with Vista now that it's gone Gold and Apple knows it's final boot issues.

Don't think bootcamp currently works with Vista because of EFI limitations.

Comment

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Maybe this new Firmware will work with Vista now that it's gone Gold and Apple knows it's final boot issues.

Don't think bootcamp currently works with Vista because of EFI limitations.

Vista works fine with Boot Camp on my Core Duo iMac...

As for the firmware update, I've had no Boot Camp, start up or wake-from-sleep issues on my iMac though, so probably no reason to install it...

Comment

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Cool, my friend said his computer had strange start up problems, this probably fixes them.

Comment

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Maybe this'll fix my MacBook's wake-from-sleep" screen-flash problem.

...And hopefully the wake-from-hibernation bluetooth and mouse problems as well.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Comment

Digidesign

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2002
I just downloaded this update and it told me that it wasnt needed for this computer. I just got me a C2D Macbook.

Same here Toeknee, for my C2D Macbook.

Software update doesn't show this Firmware update as well. Perhaps it's for the CD Macbooks?

Comment

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
I had trouble with closing the lid under Windows XP for standby, hope this does something :)

Comment

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Wonder whether OpenOffice will now work? (EDIT: It does!) Hopefully no more sleep issues which would be good!

Comment

aviationwiz

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2005
I'd be interested in a changelog for the Mac Pro update that's more in depth than just "This EFI Firmware Update fixes several Boot Camp and start up issues on Mac Pro computers."

Comment

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
For those people who are asking whether or not they need the update(s), have you ever thought about clicking on the update button so that Apple can check and see if you do?

Comment

XianPalin

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
Wake Issues

I was having issues with my mouse (Logitech MX518) not working after a wake from sleep on a 1.83ghz core duo mac mini I just bought. I had to unplug it and plug it in to get it working again... hopefully this fixes it.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.