Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

dan9700

Suspended
May 28, 2015
The only animation 'issue' is the wallpaper animation when closing out an app, and for the 100th time, that is intentional and not a bug. It will never amaze me how much you go on and on about it. If it such a big issue, return the device.

The Safari keyboard bug is a real bug that effects day to day usage. A little animation that you don't like does not impact the way you use the device. Change your wallpaper to a black wallpaper and you will no longer notice it. Jayson A has confirmed that.
Your so wrong it's funny how is it not a bug most of the time when i shut the app its buter smooth and other times its messed up, if it was spose to be that way then it would always be the same durrr

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Your so wrong it's funny how is it not a bug most of the time when i shut the app its buter smooth and other times its messed up, if it was spose to be that way then it would always be the same durrr

Its 100% the same on my device 100% of the time. Jayson A and I have broken it down frame by frame. The animation on the iPhone 7/7Plus runs 6-7 extra frames than any previous iOS device. Therefore it is intended and not a bug. There is no reason a bug would make the animation 6-7 frames longer. Additionally, at 60FPS, you are talking about .1 second. You are making a big deal over .1 second.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
That. I doubt .. unless they are okay with a early beta to be considered a gm, without testing, or fixing bugs..

Its not typically to get that many betas with .X builds. 3-4 seems to be the average. But Apple internally is always a few builds ahead. So the bugs we experience in beta 3 could potential already be fixed in the final, because of how far they work ahead.

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
Its not typically to get that many betas with .X builds. 3-4 seems to be the average. But Apple internally is always a few builds ahead. So the bugs we experience in beta 3 could potential already be fixed in the final, because of how far they work ahead.
The old ios9 stuff is still in there, the newer ios10.0 stuff hasn't been addressed in 10.1, and there are new ones in 10.1 that are sorta annoying at times. Like i said, if they are comfortable with this 'beta' feel, then sure, but I hope for another round where they jump on this stuff and get it done already.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
The old ios9 stuff is still in there, the newer ios10.0 stuff hasn't been addressed in 10.1, and there are new ones in 10.1 that are sorta annoying at times. Like i said, if they are comfortable with this 'beta' feel, then sure, but I hope for another round where they jump on this stuff and get it done already.

And like I said, this beta isn't near the final build. Even if this is the last beta, the final build is 2-3 builds ahead of this current beta. Just because its not seeded to developers doesn't mean alpha testing isn't going on with multiple builds.

atlchamp

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2012
Atlanta
And like I said, this beta isn't near the final build. Even if this is the last beta, the final build is 2-3 builds ahead of this current beta. Just because its not seeded to developers doesn't mean alpha testing isn't going on with multiple builds.
Idk man most of the time the final beta contains the same bugs that the GM has. Especially lately.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Idk man most of the time the final beta contains the same bugs that the GM has. Especially lately.

That may be so, but internally they are still a few builds ahead. Always has been and probably always will be. So its hard to comment on what the GM of this will hold, but it won't be this current beta. That has only happened once with 9.2.

dan9700

Suspended
May 28, 2015
Its 100% the same on my device 100% of the time. Jayson A and I have broken it down frame by frame. The animation on the iPhone 7/7Plus runs 6-7 extra frames than any previous iOS device. Therefore it is intended and not a bug. There is no reason a bug would make the animation 6-7 frames longer. Additionally, at 60FPS, you are talking about .1 second. You are making a big deal over .1 second.
No im not maybe on your phone but mines laggy most of the time shutting apps and other times its smooth so explain that im not crazy dude i know what your saying but im not talking abouy that

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
No im not maybe on your phone but mines laggy most of the time shutting apps and other times its smooth so explain that im not crazy dude i know what your saying but im not talking abouy that

Then maybe you have a defective device, or a corrupt install of iOS. I can close out of 100 apps in a row and every animation will be identical.

dan9700

Suspended
May 28, 2015
Then maybe you have a defective device, or a corrupt install of iOS. I can close out of 100 apps in a row and every animation will be identical.
Im starting to think it might be a problem with mine as i dont mine slower animation but on mine it goes laggy then smooth i done a restore to ios 10.1 beta 3 so dont know why it has this problem :( hopefully next beta or gm ill restore and maybr fix it

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
why does everyone want another beta? just release the final version already and start working on 10.2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.