Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmh600cbr

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2012
Please give me back old iPhoto features like viewing a map with all geolocated photos. Also, the name iPhoto, because it's freaking impossible to Google search for help with problems when your app is named as generic as "Photos".

when googling mac apps type name.app for example: maps.app, messages.app, photos.app succeeded by the word mac it works 10/10 times

Reactions: MacHiavelli

lovewd

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2013
I would love the ability in the iOS Photos.app to edit the Location and Time of the photos like you can in OS X!

Reactions: Darrensk8

jqc

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
tried to switch to lightroom, had to stick to photos (former aperture user) because the speed is blazing fast compared to lightroom for simply scrolling through RAW photos and zooming in 100%. Thats the one thing they got right on this app.

Reactions: elTylerr

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
I tried that well over a year ago and found that I a much faster and more effective with Aperture. I'll be forced to do it one day, but untilI am forced, I continue to cling to Aperture.

Photos is already way better than iPhoto was...

The only thing they need to do is make a Photos Pro extension and sell it in the app store. It would replace Aperture functionality.

I am still using Aperture. I moved from iPhoto to Aperture and loved the ability to copy paste settings for a batch of photos and also the brush option for adjustments.

I was waiting to hear that Apple would release an "Aperture Bundle Extension" I'd gladly pay for that to use on the FREE app.

Reactions: vjl323

bladerunner2000

Suspended
Jun 12, 2015
Cut/paste works fine?

Regarding folders on top: no. Absolutely not. The notion that folders and files should be handled seperately is completely retarded. I've been wishing Windows would knock it off for the last twenty years.

Just so you know, .app, .pages, .key, .numbers, and many other "file types" in OS X are actually folders (called "bundles"). You can right click and open them if you'd like to browse their contents.

I don't care if you don't like it. It should be an option so I don't have to hear complaining like yours.

Reactions: MartiNZ

xmichaelp

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2012
These apps should be unbundled and not be part of the base OS. I mean, 10.12 has to have something better than this.

Why would they unbundle it? Makes no sense. Photos are essential to the OS. Everyone takes and manages photos.
[doublepost=1456431947][/doublepost]
I don't care if you don't like it. It should be an option so I don't have to hear complaining like yours.

You're the one who was complaining. That's all you do here.

bladerunner2000

Suspended
Jun 12, 2015
I also want Apple to bring back colored icons in finder; considering how fruity things became with Yosemite, you'd think they would add back colored icons. It's way too uniform, and it makes it harder to quickly identify things by their look. Now I have to focus more on the label or icon itself. I know they got rid of that well before Yosemite, but it's still annoying me. Lastly, the fact that color labels are dots is the most retarded thing I've seen. The whole point of highlighting all of the text is so that the folder I highlight stands out. I couldn't care less about the meanings associated with the labels. It's also kinda stupid how you can put more than one dot on a file. What's that supposed to do? I use these labels for VISUAL purposes, not anything extra.

One of the reasons why I'm sticking with Yosemite for however long necessary as I can continue using TotalFinder (or XtraFinder).

What Apple has done to the Finder with El Capitan and third party developers is a disgusting slap to the face of everyone. I get that some people PREFER things differently but my god, make it OPTIONAL in system preferences at least!

bladerunner2000

Suspended
Jun 12, 2015
You're the one who was complaining. That's all you do here.

I offer solutions. The rest of you just follow Apple's methods without any room for alternatives or compromise and complain when someone (me) offers new (better) ideas.
[doublepost=1456432197][/doublepost]
I don't get you, Apple. It appears that you're focusing on photos lately..and you can't even beat samsung's latest camera.
Give us productivity...not entertainment.

Incorrect. Apple has been focusing only on iOS and other disposable products. The desktop, laptop and OS X have all been an afterthought as Apple doesn't care about those consumers.

Jupeman

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2008
Add me to the list clinging to Aperture. Heck, I manage over 80,000 pictures with it (a tiny number compare to pros, I'm sure) and I'd consider stopping upgrading my Macs to keep using Aperture!

When I tried Photos I can't be polite about it: it sucked.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I still can't over how Photos ditched iPhoto Events. I know they're in there somewhere, but finding them ain't intuitive. And I miss badly the ability to group and label batches of imported photos. It seems like the obvious thing people would want to do with their photos. (Am I missing some easy way to do this in Photo?)
You can still sorta do events by making them albums. Achieves the same thing, I think.

pubwvj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2004
Mountains of Vermont
Not good enough. What we need is a replacement for Photoshop that reads and writes all versions of Photoshop files and has all the tools of Photoshop and feels like Photoshop but better. Wait! Apple could buy Adobe and solve the problem! YES! Do Illustrator too while they're at it.

Reactions: -hh

MacHiavelli

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2007
new york
The old Pages and Numbers wiped to fit with iOS.

The old iPhotos wiped to fit with iOS.

Siri coming to Macs after years of waiting.

Photos being updated.

Commonality? ARM.

Steve said you have to own the silicon to produce really great hardware.

Macs haven't had major updates for ages. Why?

ARM Macs are coming. Apple has been closing the gap to Intel over the last few years. All these changes are part of a plan.

Bye, Intel.

bladerunner2000

Suspended
Jun 12, 2015
Not good enough. What we need is a replacement for Photoshop that reads and writes all versions of Photoshop files and has all the tools of Photoshop and feels like Photoshop but better. Wait! Apple could buy Adobe and solve the problem! YES! Do Illustrator too while they're at it.

Why stop there? Why not buy out Microsoft, Sony, etc. as well as your employer. Hell, just turn Apple into one giant monopoly seeing how you like them so much?

MisterK

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2006
Ottawa, Canada
I'd spin iPad OS out from iOS and make that release on a two year cycle along with Mac OS. So iPhone, being the most popular and most replaced item would remain on its normal yearly cycle. iPad and Mac OS updates would pack a bigger punch with (hopefully) more anticipated, stable releases every couple of years, since those are slower upgrade cycles anyway. Seems like a good way to improve iPad functionality without having it so tightly coupled to the iPhone.

Reactions: Morod

bladerunner2000

Suspended
Jun 12, 2015
You can already do both. Sort by type - folders go to top. Copy/Paste of files and folders works just fine.

Sort by type displays everything separately (folders, jpg, zip, etc). Only folders should be displayed up top, everything else (files) should be together.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.