iOS 10: CallKit Apps

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by alexsmbaratti, Sep 13, 2016.

1. alexsmbaratti macrumors newbie

One of the features I was really looking forward to was CallKit. Stuff like having full screen notifications from Skype, call using VoIP from contacts, and having caller ID from the lock screen. Can anyone tell me if they have found any apps that have supported this? I saw the demos, but those don't always mean they'll be a real feature.

2. Simon86 macrumors member

WhatsApp is now using CallKit, enabling you to answer WhatsApp calls from the lock screen like a regular call.

3. Praetorian® macrumors regular

Praetorian®

I was really looking forward to this feature and yes, WhatsApp released an update yesterday to enable this. However, it seems that Apple decided not to allow the feature for my iPhone 5. For... reasons...

4. IGI2 macrumors 6502

IGI2

CallKit and Siri :)

IMG_1189.PNG

5. fortheus macrumors regular

It seems requires background app refresh to be on for the app. My wife use iphone 5 and it works

6. Praetorian® macrumors regular

Praetorian®

It started to work about two days after I had posted the reply and I didn't change anything. But I am happy anyway. :)

7. deep1 macrumors regular

8. Manatlt macrumors 6502a

Facebook Messenger has this now, although still rolling out to all accounts. (Don't know why every new feature they add, has to rollout first)

9. wildcat1 macrumors regular

Acrobits updated their soft phone app today as well for callkit functionality which is cool because you can use it on multiple VOIP services