Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bashman2020

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2017
somewhere on earth
Apple is pushing updates to us like wildfires and updates only focusing on the iphone x now tell me where's the optimization being done across all devices ...

No improvements since the release of ios 11 as it was on ios 10
-Animation glitches still persists
-Lags still persists
-calculator bug still persists on the public release
-bugs still underhood across the ios
-apps crashes a lot on ios 11 than ios 10

Last edited:
Reactions: gobikerider

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Bug fixes, improvements, changes, etc. have been coming out for other devices as well. This latest one seems to be more focused on some high profile iPhone X issues, and might have some other things for other devices as well (either as far as security changes go or something else under the hood). Plenty of other updates had things for basically all devices not really focusing on any particular one, while many had things that focus on some devices and still a few things for all. Is this really something new or surprising?

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
Considering the size of the update, I don't think it fix a lot of things on other devices. And at least, they could tell they fix various bugs and overall improvements instead of just listing bugfix for iphone X giving us the impression the update is useless for every other device.

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
Apple rightfully must prioritise ensuring owners of the latest and great devices get the best possible iOS 11 experience. Other improvements and refinements will work there way down to older devices as and when and if time allows.

Correct.
Apple is prioritizing their customers who just gave them $999+... of COURSE they are going to treat their customers right. Any business worth their salt will prioritize their best clients.

We have terrible coffee in our office because one of our most valuable client loves it.

It's hard to disagree with Apple for wanting to make darn sure that their premium product works as perfectly as possible.

d5aqoëp

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2016
Apple is pushing updates to us like wildfires and updates only focusing on the iphone x now tell me where's the optimization being done across all devices ...
iOS 11 was a total bugfest from inception and it's good that Apple is working towards fixing it. It should get very stable by January-February next year.

mman454

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2015
The second bullet point only says that it fixes an issue with live photos captured with an iPhone X. This could apply to other devices that are playing videos from an iPhone X. i.e. If someone were to airdrop a video or live photo to your from their iPhone X...

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
If you check the home button delay and lack 0f optimisations for older devices, it's obvious Apple wants to nudge everyone into getting the X. Expect zero optimisations for iPhones with home buttons from Hereon in. Only the premium iPhones get the goodies.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
If you check the home button delay and lack 0f optimisations for older devices, it's obvious Apple wants to nudge everyone into getting the X. Expect zero optimisations for iPhones with home buttons from Hereon in. Only the premium iPhones get the goodies.
That is an interesting opinion.

bashman2020

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2017
somewhere on earth
Every thread that you start is a complaint...it’s very tiring to see every time I open the forums. Do yourself a favour and go buy a Pixel 2...then you can see “real” issues.
There aren't any issues on a pixel 2 that's so crazy as it is currently with ios 11. The pixel 2 phone runs smoothly on all apps no lags or anything of such crazy calculator bug or animation glitches .
[doublepost=1510991048][/doublepost]
Bug fixes, improvements, changes, etc. have been coming out for other devices as well. This latest one seems to be more focused on some high profile iPhone X issues, and might have some other things for other devices as well (either as far as security changes go or something else under the hood). Plenty of other updates had things for basically all devices not really focusing on any particular one, while many had things that focus on some devices and still a few things for all. Is this really something new or surprising?
my point is since every release of ios 11 there's been no improvements as it was on ios 10 all these updates coming in are just making phones become worse cmon what are you talking bout ...

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
There aren't any issues on a pixel 2 that's so crazy as it is currently with ios 11. The pixel 2 phone runs smoothly on all apps no lags or anything of such crazy calculator bug or animation glitches .
[doublepost=1510991048][/doublepost]
my point is since every release of ios 11 there's been no improvements as it was on ios 10 all these updates coming in are just making phones become worse cmon what are you talking bout ...
If releases address issues then how are there no improvements? What are you talking about, indeed.

And as for Pixel 2, interesting how others with the phone seem to have issues (just like pretty much anyone with any phone essentially). Just that silliness alone is enough to undermine anything that might have been brought up.

Reactions: Yun0

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
If releases address issues then how are there no improvements? What are you talking about, indeed.
It doesn't address any issues for the older iPhones.

And as for Pixel 2, interesting how others with the phone seem to have issues (just like pretty much anyone with any phone essentially). Just that silliness alone is enough to undermine anything that might have been brought up.

Actually the Pixel 2 has zero issues. The Pixel 2 XL is the one with issues.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It doesn't address any issues for the older iPhones.

Actually the Pixel 2 has zero issues. The Pixel 2 XL is the one with issues.
Please provide information that nothing at all is changed on older devices.

Please also provide proof that there are literally zero issues with Pixel 2. The Android/Pixel forums must be empty with just some people only praising their devices and nothing else. Google must have achieved the impossible of having bug free software. The silliness just undermines it all more and more.

Reactions: Yun0 and decafjava

Lodesman

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2014
Folkestone, Kent, UK
Considering the size of the update, I don't think it fix a lot of things on other devices. And at least, they could tell they fix various bugs and overall improvements instead of just listing bugfix for iphone X giving us the impression the update is useless for every other device.

From 11.1.1 to 11.1.2 is 2.49gb on my new SE - the same as most updates !!!

FatalFallacy

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2013
IMG_0063.jpg

Act3

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2014
USA
Correct.
Apple is prioritizing their customers who just gave them $999+... of COURSE they are going to treat their customers right. Any business worth their salt will prioritize their best clients.

We have terrible coffee in our office because one of our most valuable client loves it.

It's hard to disagree with Apple for wanting to make darn sure that their premium product works as perfectly as possible.

But since they still sell the 6s, 7 and iPad mini 4, all should be a priority.

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
From 11.1.1 to 11.1.2 is 2.49gb on my new SE - the same as most updates !!!
Sometimes they will make you install the full update. For me, on my 6s plus the update from 11.1.1 to 11.1.2 was 33MB so I doubt it change anything apart the fixes for the X.
[doublepost=1511011383][/doublepost]
But since they still sell the 6s, 7 and iPad mini 4, all should be a priority.
This.

It’s not because you bought the most recent devices that mean you are their most valuable clients. Everyone at some point will have the most recent devices and if they want us to continue buying their stuff, they have to make sure new major iOS releases works well on older devices because the majority don’t buy new phones every year.

With all high end Apple products I have, I think I can consider myself a valuable client for them.

Reactions: JM

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Please provide information that nothing at all is changed on older devices.
Because I am using their older devices and exactly ZERO of my problems have been fixed. Home button delay is still there. That horrendous battery drain is still there. Scroll stutter in widgets is still there. All the while they are busy changing wifi and other icons instead of fixing the real issues like the battery. 7 hours and its dead. The Plus phones are supposed to last at least 1.5 days.
[doublepost=1511016369][/doublepost]
I’d love to know why I’ve installed probably the 4th update since iOS 11 was launched and my iPhone 6S battery is dying on its backside by 2.30pm everyday.

This all started with the first release of iOS 11. My phone was pretty awesome on iOS 10 and I’m still waiting for a fix.
Its a horrible update. It ruins every device its installed on except the 8 Plus and the X. The 8 Plus gets the battery life I used to get on iOS 10 on my 7 Plus while my 7 Plus battery life is exactly half of that on iOS 11.

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
Because I am using their older devices and exactly ZERO of my problems have been fixed. Home button delay is still there. That horrendous battery drain is still there. Scroll stutter in widgets is still there. All the while they are busy changing wifi and other icons instead of fixing the real issues like the battery. 7 hours and its dead. The Plus phones are supposed to last at least 1.5 days.
[doublepost=1511016369][/doublepost]
Its a horrible update. It ruins every device its installed on except the 8 Plus and the X. The 8 Plus gets the battery life I used to get on iOS 10 on my 7 Plus while my 7 Plus battery life is exactly half of that on iOS 11.
I'm sure CDM means that it's not true that "nothing" has changed. I don't think CDM likes absolutes in statements :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.