Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
One thing I did notice is that even though the carrier version got bumped to 30.0 with iOS 11.1 (at least for Verizon) when I went to the About section in settings I got a pop up that there were even newer carrier settings available and once those got loaded the carrier version got bumped to 30.1.

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
It is just me or 3D Touch app switcher feels way more responsive than before? So far it’s realy smooth on my 6s plus.
[doublepost=1509490367][/doublepost]Voice memo bug still present... :/

KGB7

Suspended
Jun 15, 2017
Rockville, MD
One thing I did notice is that even though the carrier version got bumped to 30.0 with iOS 11.1 (at least for Verizon) when I went to the About section in settings I got a pop up that there were even newer carrier settings available and once those got loaded the carrier version got bumped to 30.1.

Same here as well with Verizon.

anthonyzp

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2014
No emails coming through since 11.1 anyone else? Have to manually open Mail app to downloaded new emails from server. Using Gmail and Google Apps (Exchange).

KGB7

Suspended
Jun 15, 2017
Rockville, MD
Weather widget is still not automatically updating weather, unless I open the weather app. I’m using default weather app that came with the iPhone 6s Plus.

tripleh3lix

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2014
Do I need to restore to the official version if I was on Beta 5? I was never on any other previous beta before that. I came straight from iOS 11.0.3

MacWins

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2017
Found first bug on iPhone and iPad.

This has to do with YouTube app that wasn’t there in 11.0.3.

When you swipe the video to the bottom right corner, the animation is horrible and stutters badly.

Edit.
I updated YouTube app right after installing iOS 11.1, so the stutter might be app related.
I confirm i’m experiencing the same ugly animation, pretty laggy when it reaches the center of the display!

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA
The iOS 4.1 build number is 15B101 on my iPad Pro 2 256mb w/WiFi
[doublepost=1509499153][/doublepost]
No emails coming through since 11.1 anyone else? Have to manually open Mail app to downloaded new emails from server. Using Gmail and Google Apps (Exchange).

What email provider? Do you have “Push” or “Fetch” turned on?

KGB7

Suspended
Jun 15, 2017
Rockville, MD
Yes, i updated Youtube yesterday and few hours ago i updated to iOS 11.1.

I called Apple tech support and reported the issue. If you could do the same, that would be great.

I also reported an issue with a missing Apple weather app on iPad, even though the Apple weather widget is present on iPad. Even the supervisor on duty was shocked, that the Apple weather app is missing from her iPad, but is present on iPhone. So it was escalated to their engineers.

I also raised a concern, in friendly way possible, that there is no option for country music while waiting for an Apple advisor. Spoke to 3 people and I might get might wish. With all my years dealing with customer service, I have never spoken with anyone one who cared more about my music genre.

Google and Samsung can suck it!

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
My iPhone 7 Plus had increased performance after updating to iOS 11.1 for several hours, nearly back to where it was under 10.3.3 (could unlock lock screen with a single home press), before reverting back to the somewhat pokey iOS 11 performance.

The orientation bug wasn’t fixed on my iPad Air 2. Actually it is now worse. Previously launching a landscape only app while in portrait or a portrait only app while in landscape sometimes got the orientation stuck until I completely flipped the iPad around. Today after updating to iOS 11.1, for the first time the orientation got completely stuck. I eventually managed to unstick it by toggling orientation lock off and on several times and locking and unlocking the screen several times. I haven’t had to do that since iOS 10.2.

KGB7

Suspended
Jun 15, 2017
Rockville, MD
My iPhone 7 Plus had increased performance after updating to iOS 11.1 for several hours, nearly back to where it was under 10.3.3 (could unlock lock screen with a single home press), before reverting back to the somewhat pokey iOS 11 performance.

The orientation bug wasn’t fixed on my iPad Air 2. Actually it is now worse. Previously launching a landscape only app while in portrait or a portrait only app while in landscape sometimes got the orientation stuck until I completely flipped the iPad around. Today after updating to iOS 11.1, for the first time the orientation got completely stuck. I eventually managed to unstick it by toggling orientation lock off and on several times and locking and unlocking the screen several times. I haven’t had to do that since iOS 10.2.

I’m also seeing a slight increase in performance and response boost on iPhone 6s Plus and 2017 iPad 9.7. It’s a minor improvement but it’s noticeable.
I’m happy with improvements.

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
Haven't had time to test Safari (...) but the interface as a whole seems much improved on my iPhone SE. Very fluid. Haven't used it beyond some quick emails/messaging, so cannot speak to battery or else.
iOS 11.1 on iPhone 6s plus is a big, big improvement performance wise. It's very smooth and Safari scrolling pages is smooth as butter as well. Very good optimisation update.

Plus, like I said in a previous post, 3D app switcher works better than before. If I remember right, on iOS 10 and 9 you had to touch the left close to top corner of the screen, but now, you just have to touch the left corner, bottom, middle or on top, so its much easier. I just wished 3d app switcher worked in landscape mode.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
Orientation got stuck on my iPad again. This time it was stuck in portrait mode, but for some reason Gmail displayed in landscape.

Sharkoneau

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2017
Michigan
iOS 11.1 has been fairly great overall. However, as of late, I have to say the Messages app has felt all gummed up. Response lag on inputs and animation stutters are somewhat common. Given that it’s my most-used app, this is getting quite annoying.

Reactions: Vampire14

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Is it just me or is tapping the top of the screen to “jump to top” actually worse than it was before, despite this being a specified fix? I didn’t notice it was broken before, but it’s certainly hit and miss now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.