iOS 11.2 Beta 2 Bug Fixes, Changes, and Improvements

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by SumYoungGai, Nov 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. Rider3 macrumors newbie

Ip 6S on 11.1.1, iP 8 on 11.2.B2, when I stream music with iHeart Radio and open "Camera" which defaults to photo, if I switch the Camera to any other setting like video or square, etc., the music stops. It might start playing again in 5 to 10 seconds or not. Does it on both iPhones.

2. mfender macrumors regular

I tried it with 4 apps on my Iphone 6 and I can't duplicate your finding.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 9, 2017 ---
    It is still not happening for me on my Iphone 6.

3. Johnhimm macrumors regular

Yes, every time Waze speaks or re-routes me the music playing via bluetooth or podcast stops and does not resume. Downgraded to 11.1.1 today.

4. Justjay27 macrumors 6502

Justjay27

do you have any issues with reordering playlist in the music app?
    everytime i try to change the order it never saves

5. Rob_R macrumors member

Rob_R

I'm seeing the badge persist on the phone app sometimes after viewing missed calls or playing a voicemail. I haven't seen this reported in this thread. Anyone else? I submitted feedback.

6. RPB65 macrumors regular

Well, for the first time ever in my Beta 'career', I have had to downgrade my 6S Plus to 11.1.1 release.
    I found 11.2 Beta 1 great on my phone, fast, all seemed ok with good battery life for me. I say for me as my phone is 2 years old and only has 80% battery capacity now compared with a new 6S Plus. So, on 11.2 Beta 2, I was getting missing notifications, late notifications, poor battery life compared with the other beta's, laggy on unlocking graphics or 3D touch not working sometimes. So I'm trying 11.1.1 now for a bit.

7. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

Might be the sign of a new bezeless iPad.
    Tried a playlist with 200+ songs. No problem to shuffle. And no Apple Music no iCloud library. Purely iTunes library.

8. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

Technically and technologically, any hardware can be configured to execute a certain action that does not rely on hardware. Things like typewriter keys, conventional switches or power button on TV, are hardware buttons that does not require software to work. It serves its purpose and it is reliable. Whereas software can go wonky, stops responding completely, or doing random stuff.
    I do not have any issue reordering songs in a playlist. And yes, in the music app.
    But I do not use Apple Music.

9. macintoshmac macrumors 68030

macintoshmac

I have no other device to test, so can't say if this is limited to iPhone 7, but here's a shot of the bug. :)

As you're reading this, flick up control centre, then double press home button to get into app switcher. Notice the background.

Attached Files:

10. BBDDVV, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017

BBDDVV macrumors member

Same thing here, any suggestions anyone?
    Thx!

Update 20171114: 11.2 beta 3 fixes this problem!

11. SumYoungGai thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok

12. Infinite Jest macrumors 6502

I’ve gotta say, while using 11.0 I was extremely worried that my iPhone 6s Plus was going to be a stuttery mess for the rest of its life. After 11.2 b1 and especially b2, the fluidity, speed, and consistency is back almost to where it was on 10.3.3. Other than numerous bugs that have popped up, I’m really happy with the direction of the development process for A9 device compatibility. Now a littttttle bit more battery life would be nice.

13. Floatingworks, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017

Floatingworks macrumors newbie

Floatingworks

Heads up community. I think I’ve discovered a major security bug in at least iOS 11.1:

Apps requiring a social media login from Instagram (maybe logins from Facebook, Google, etc. too) have full access to the Apple photos app with no method to turn off this full access in iOS settings. I’ve tested this on some social media apps like Live.Me and YouNow. I’ve also tested this on photo editing apps.

It appears apps that require a social media login are not being registered in Settings > Privacy > Photos AND Settings > General > Restrictions > Photos in iOS. These apps also fail to include a photo on/off access toggle in Settings > “the app(s) in question”. These apps/iOS 11.1 also fail to throw a required permission dialog box when the user requests a photo within the offending apps, even when iOS global photo permission is turned off, and/or Instagram read/write photo permission is turned off. This means these apps always have access to at least the Apple photos app.

1. Again, apps requiring social media login have full non-granted, non-registered and always-on access to Apple photos.
    2. As of this writing, I do not know if this bug also allows apps requiring a social media login further non-granted and non-registered access to additional Apple apps like cameras, notes, email, etc.
    3. I called Apple and they are now aware of the issue.
    4. I have deleted any app which might of requested a social media account in the setup process.

14. Saileshbreaker macrumors regular

Battery life has been excellent for me on this beta. iPhone 7 with Cellular and Wifi on all the time.

Attached Files:

15. Feenician macrumors 601

Feenician

It’s been mentioned but I had the bug today where audio keeps playing when you disconnect an output, CarPlay in this instance, today. Annoying and made doubly so by the fact that audio is then not controllable by the CC media controls. You have to go to the app that is playing it. Just reported it.

16. NBKindaGirl, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017

NBKindaGirl macrumors regular

NBKindaGirl

Today’s battery life...pretty happy with this actually. Need to cut down on my Facebook usage though. Lol iPhone 7 Plus.

Attached Files:

17. SumYoungGai thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is this related to audio bleeding into calls? I was making a phone call today and a few seconds into the call, I could hear audio from iHeartRadio in the actual call as if I pressed play after making the call. This happened when connected to AirPods and also in the car over bluetooth.

18. C DM macrumors Westmere

How does providing social medial login information in an app relate to having access to something within iOS?

19. Feenician macrumors 601

Feenician

No. Haven’t encountered that one (yet). This is when you unplug or disconnect earphones or shut down a Bluetooth or CarPlay speaker. Normally your audio would pause on the phone but now, sometimes (today is the first time it’s happened, even though I play audio on CarPlay every day) it simply switches back to the phone and keeps playing, and the media controls don’t work.

20. Radon87000 macrumors 604

This is atrocious battery life. It's 1/4th of the 8 Plus.

21. Ertan macrumors newbie

Ertan

How old is your iphone 7? These numbers are very good if it's older than 6 months.
    close all applications and restart. this happened to me a few years ago.

22. NBKindaGirl macrumors regular

NBKindaGirl

Yeah this is after having it off the charger since 100% last night and having it on all day at work, hardly using it at all. I’m not sure what to do to make it any better besides lowering my brightness but I hate a dark phone. Guess I’m just stubborn. Shutting off Siri Suggestions would probably help too, I’m assuming? Sorry for the stupid questions, I’m quite a noob and I’m not afraid to admit it. :p

23. fantomcheung macrumors member

fantomcheung

the worst bug i experience on my iphone x running 11.2 beta2 is notifications. no sound, no banner, just badge appearing on that app.

24. maugustine macrumors regular

maugustine

I’m seeing the same thing. I filed a bug on it.

25. SumYoungGai thread starter macrumors 6502a

strange how buggy these two betas in particular have been. I didn't expect any major new bugs to be introduced in an x.2 beta but it seems like there are more issues cropping up as the days pass. notification delay is a big one.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.