iOS 11.2 Beta 2 Bug Fixes, Changes, and Improvements

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by SumYoungGai, Nov 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. anon.guy macrumors regular

I ran into that only once but I fixed it with a restart.

2. Steve J0bs macrumors regular

No bedtime alarm sound! Anyone else have this issue. Just retested and the bedtime alarm only goes off if you don’t put the phone in vibrate mode.

3. BBDDVV macrumors newbie

Worked fine for me this morning...

4. Steve J0bs macrumors regular

Weird. Tested again and it wouldn’t make any sound. Hard restart of my phone fixed it...

5. Blhall1981 macrumors newbie

Blhall1981

Glad that fixed it. I’ve had the same issue for several days, probably since beta 2 was released, and just reported it. I’ll try the hard reset and hopefully that fixes it as well.
    (iPhone 8 Plus)

6. phrekaru macrumors newbie

7. Blhall1981 macrumors newbie

Blhall1981

Mine do, but I did a hard restart to fix the alarm issue with no sound, so maybe that will fix your issue as well?

8. krishnajha macrumors regular

krishnajha

Music icon grayed out bug its back or at least I wasn't having as much as in this beta, like 3-4 times a day in my 7+. 3D Touch fixes it or opening the app.

9. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

I really hope beta 3 fixes the animation stutters on the iPhone 8 Plus. Driving me crazy.

10. bigboy29 macrumors newbie

Am I the only one that has Search in settings completely broken? Nothing is found in this beta. Ever. At all. Not a thing. I put "notification", "backup" or whatever in the search bar on top of settings, no results at all.

The only thing I find is the name of the app, so app specific settings do get found and when I tap the result I go to settings for that particular app.

This is on iPhone X.

11. macintoshmac macrumors 68000

macintoshmac

While there could be things that break specifically on iPhone X, but I found search to be more or less completely broken on macOS 10.13.1+ betas instead, where I was unable to search anything in any of my external drives attached, formatted with APFS.

Did not face such an issue with iOS, thankfully.

12. Freakonomics101 macrumors 65816

Freakonomics101

[​IMG]

Haven't been charging at night as much. Loving it. 7+

13. mfender, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017

mfender macrumors member

I keep hearing about people doing hard restarts. However, I have read that hard restarts of IOS are not a good idea and can potentially corrupt data. Just because one has never had any issues doing so, doesn't mean it is a good Idea. The same is true with Mac OS, Windows, etc.

Anybody care to weigh in on this. I would love to get some feedback concerning this practice.

Here is a recent article about it, by a former, Apple employee:

https://www.payetteforward.com/how-to-hard-reset-iphone-why-its-bad/

I don't have time to re-read it now,but I hope it is useful. I'm sure it shows some use cases for hard resets.
    Thanks

14. anish16 macrumors newbie

anish16

My iPhone keyboard war locked out while driving and even though I was a passenger I couldn’t turn it off.. Anyone else facing this problem?

15. macintoshmac macrumors 68000

macintoshmac

On my 7, I have been seeing similarly great figures. By far the best figures on iOS 11 for me. I cannot say for iOS 10 at all, because the day I got my 7, this July, I restored iOS 11 beta 1 on it. :p

16. C DM macrumors Westmere

There's a chance of something going wrong, just as there is with hard resetting a computer or something similar. That said, given how often people have done and do those kinds of things with computers and all kinds of other devices, the chances are quite low. That doesn't mean the possibility isn't there and that just shutting down (and restarting) is safer from that point of view, but it also means that for the most part most people don't find the chances high enough for them to really worry about it and really avoid doing it at least sometimes.

17. Freakonomics101 macrumors 65816

Freakonomics101

iOS 11 is generally better on my 7+ than iOS 10 ever was. How funny is that! Lol.

18. krishnajha macrumors regular

krishnajha

And I can't get more than 6- 7 usage and 10-12 standby and be like 15%, are you on power save mode or just barely using the phone?

19. eicca macrumors 6502

eicca

I will ask A THIRD TIME:

Does Siri/Dictation randomly stop responding to input for anyone else? Sometimes when I activate it, it works. Sometimes it doesn't register any input. Anyone else seeing this?

20. macintoshmac macrumors 68000

macintoshmac

I'm not starting a war here, but what if third time goes unanswered as well? ;)
    --- Post Merged, Nov 10, 2017 ---
    It clearly shows standby hours and usage hours, and I don't think Power Save was enabled. That would be cheating. :p

21. Saileshbreaker macrumors regular

I have it for almost a year now

22. Mike Delta macrumors 6502

Mike Delta

Has anyone else noticed that the attention aware features do not work on this beta. My phone ringer does not lower when I look at my phone and the brightness is not affected by my attention.

23. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Will he rage quit the game? ;)
    Btw Siri is only causing me trouble so I disable it completely.

24. iOSBry macrumors 6502

Heh,

I hard restart my iPhone once a week and have done so for years and have never had data loss.

iOSBry

25. iphnhelp macrumors regular

Anyone experiencing Clips crashing on the 3D Star Wars scenes? Can’t get it to stay longer than 10 seconds. Also noticed on the X it runs really hot before it crashes. Anyone else?

I’m running 11.2 beta and wonder if that’s the problem.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.