Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Anyone experiencing Clips crashing on the 3D Star Wars scenes? Can’t get it to stay longer than 10 seconds. Also noticed on the X it runs really hot before it crashes. Anyone else?

I’m running 11.2 beta and wonder if that’s the problem.
I would argue it is for copyright.
But really hot before crash? That’s suspicious.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Has anyone else noticed that the attention aware features do not work on this beta. My phone ringer does not lower when I look at my phone and the brightness is not affected by my attention.

Which device? I never found my iPhone 7 to lower the ringer sound when I pick it up. Brightness is always set to auto and that works according to ambient light, but seems you're talking about something else here. Please elaborate, I'd like to know. Thanks!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Which device? I never found my iPhone 7 to lower the ringer sound when I pick it up. Brightness is always set to auto and that works according to ambient light, but seems you're talking about something else here. Please elaborate, I'd like to know. Thanks!
Sounds like it's iPhone X related.

Reactions: macintoshmac

LK265

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2014
Berkshire, England
I’ll ask again;

Does Siri/Dictation randomly stop responding to input for anyone else? Sometimes they work, sometimes they don’t register any sound. Seems completely random.
Yes. Sometimes Siri cuts me off before i've finished my sentence also. Currently awaiting a call back from a senior support technician. They escalated my case to engineering. Apparently this issue has been reported by quite a few people.

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
For some reason the picture in videos keep freezing for me in landscape on at least safari and netflix but the sound keeps on going. When i click pause and play again the picture catches up quickly to the current position and the a second later it freezes again

Mike Delta

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
It’s an iPhone X issue it is supposed to use the true depth camera.

Ndrews7

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2017
Can anyone confirm for Animation stutters on app switcher / Multitasking for the iPad Pro ?
Its so annoying. Its only 1 year old device .

Anyone have the same problem with me ? Any solution guys ?

eicca

Suspended
Oct 23, 2014
Yes. Sometimes Siri cuts me off before i've finished my sentence also. Currently awaiting a call back from a senior support technician. They escalated my case to engineering. Apparently this issue has been reported by quite a few people.

Thanks, that’s what I needed to know. I will wait for a fix instead of wiping my phone.

mfender

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2017
Oddly enough all my alarms ring an hour early. No travels and the clock is accurate.

Are you on daylight savings time in your area? It almost sounds like it is not detecting it, if so, or the proper time zone.
I have never tested the alarm feature, myself, i do however, use the timer.

Last edited:

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Are you on daylight savings time in your area? It almost sounds like it is not detecting it, if so, or the proper time zone.
I have never tested the alarm feature, myself, i do however, use the timer.

Yep, looks like the most logical culprit. Good catch there!

mous94410

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2015
Am I the only one who has this issue ?

Attachments

• A2570ABE-6BFD-4E22-85C8-FAEACACDEE6D.png
    A2570ABE-6BFD-4E22-85C8-FAEACACDEE6D.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 301

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
Anyone having crazy Maps GPS issues?

Recently started having issues when using turn by turn directions for routes that I take frequently - maps wants to take me in endless circles and it can’t figure out where to go and if I drive the normally suggested route, it goes crazy with off the wall suggestions - installed 11.2 beta 2 as new on an iPhone 7

Some of the issues are listed here as well - http://iphone.appleinsider.com/arti...-software-fix-appears-to-be-coming-in-ios-112

iOSBry

anon.guy

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2016
I went to an apple store to check out the X and I just can t understand why it runs so good with 60 fps animations while the 8 and the 8 plus choke even when opening an app.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I went to an apple store to check out the X and I just can t understand why it runs so good with 60 fps animations while the 8 and the 8 plus choke even when opening an app.
I’ve never seen my 8 “choke” when opening an app. 11.2 is perfectly smooth for me. The persistent badge on my phone app is another story.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.