iOS 11 Concept Imagines Overhauled iPad Interface With Drag-and-Drop Functionality

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 19, 2017.

1. benjo765 macrumors member

Someone in Cupertino needs to give these guys a job ASAP

2. jdawgnoonan macrumors regular

jdawgnoonan

Hopefully Apple doesn't ignore the iPad Pro with 11 like they did with 10.

3. pat500000 macrumors 603

pat500000

I just hope they reduce many hidden features that probably 50 percent of users wouldnt use...mainly because they dont know about it or dont care

4. nt5672 macrumors 65816

And macOS and tvOS, etc. etc.

5. JGIGS macrumors 6502a

Certainly not a glass half full person are you? ;).

Kidding I totally feel ya.

Not to mention the ios 7 reskin was kind of ugly. Would really like to see the look of ios be cleaner like say Android? I really want a cleaner spring board auto arranged icons to the top left irk me to no end now. I'd also love to change the notification sounds of any application. Notifications could still use some work as well. If you action something on the lock screen autoremove it from the notifications drop down. Last but not least how about a settings shortcut from the pull up settings menu and also let us decide on shortcuts we want there. Do we really need another camera shortcut and how often does anyone use that timer short cut? It's still weird how you can't use 3rd party keyboards when you reply to apps on the lockscreen quick replies. Oh and they can feel free to change that lousy icon colour pallet. I've given ios improvements a bit of thought over the years. :)

6. vatter69 macrumors 6502a

vatter69

Give iPad multiuser feature. If this is to replace the family PC.

7. nt5672 macrumors 65816

And like they do with every product that is not todays "Next Big Thing".

8. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

iPad sales are down. I think Apple will do something good next month with the iPad iOS features since they don't like to update the hardware.

9. pat500000 macrumors 603

pat500000

Also with file system, usbs for mouse and etc and upgrade ssd drive and memory upgradable...then sure.

10. mossme89 macrumors 6502

They need to improve split screen. IMO on the 10 inch iPad there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to have 4 "windows", each the size of an Iphone. Also they need to background apps, so you can "minimize" an app to an iPhone-sized window and keep it in the foreground as you do other things.

11. Naraxus, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017

Naraxus macrumors 6502

Naraxus

Which Apple will never do because it would mean admitting to a mistake and, gasp, increasing thickness of a product

12. Lapine Rider macrumors newbie

Needs to accept a bluetooth mouse. And, run Firefox-style No-Script for web surfing without wasting costly cellular data on garbage I don't want to see anyway. (If the iPad already can run No-Script, forgive me. I'm not particularly a particularly skilled user and haven't yet come across how it's done.) I own and use a 9.7 Pro, but can't/won't consider it more than a toy without these features. At this point they're the only remaining barriers to a PC-free life, though I'd also like to be able to hook my Pro to an HDTV using a bluetooth keyboard and mouse to interface with it like a desktop, leaving the iPad's screen completely dark and out of the loop. I don't require massive processing power or memory to do the things I do with my machine (mostly write books), just a good bit more input/output flexibility and control over internet content than I now have.

13. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Looks clean, I wonder if the mac will get a UI update.

14. fullauto macrumors 6502a

fullauto

I can't even get my 76 year old mum to understand and use copy and paste let alone split view and the app picker..

Removing the need to fiddle with the start/end toggles on text selections (as long as it's a block of text) would be handy.

15. jonnysods macrumors 601

jonnysods

Agreed. I think that the time has come for that iOS7 like overhaul

16. Gorms macrumors regular

Well, I'm into it. Arguably, iPad needs all of these things.

But, as far as I recall, there are nearly no rumours about iOS11. Which is weird. Normally, we've heard something or have an idea something is coming. But I can't think of anything this year?

17. jonnysods macrumors 601

jonnysods

The one time I used a Nexus 4 running Android I was stunned when I first used dynamic notifications.

And a file directory... That would be amazing.

18. Appleaker macrumors 68000

I really hope we see some of this, everything they've implemented is almost perfect. Although I would like to see a floating calculator and control center for controls/music merged. Also, tings like drag and drop would be a great use of 3D touch.

19. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

It's not a matter of "They don't like to update the hardware." It's a matter of when. The current Pro line is still plenty capable of handling tasks. It's. It not like they are that outdated and are unusable.

That said, I see it as iOS 11 will debut first, followed by launching this newly rumored iPad in the Fall.

20. Jakexb macrumors 6502a

21. sirdir macrumors regular

sirdir

Yeah I don't understand either. It's rather 'What I'd wished for'...

22. devnevyn macrumors newbie

23. LinusR macrumors regular

LinusR

In your dreams...

24. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

I'd love to see Apple put some elbow grease into multitasking and split view. scrolling through the 100 apps I have which are compatible with the feature is a nightmare. They need to make it like this guy has it, or at the very least make it like the home screen.

25. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

Don't forget redesign for the sake of redesign (I'm looking at you, notification bubbles) and taking away features like, Group Notifications.