Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
I hope eventually Siri can answer a location based question like “What time does the next bus or train arrive?”
[doublepost=1496732301][/doublepost]
I think at one of the trials it came out that Apple's lawyers were behind the iPad screen looking like an iPhone, right down to defaulting to only four docked icons.

This was so Apple could claim that an icon grid with four icons at the bottom was their own special trade dress, and win over Samsung.

Of course, those trials are long over with. So if that was true, it's not a good excuse any more.

I'd love to see Apple do something like that years old Android Kickstarter project homescreen called Chameleon.

View attachment 702309

Where you could pick and choose and rearrange all sorts of handy widget areas... and really make use of all that tablet real estate.

That looks so cluttered.

Glassed Silver

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2007
Kassel, Germany
What's a bare phone?
The phone itself sans a board computer with display that a LOT of cars don't have.

Especially the kind of car the college kids like me drive around with.

I'm lucky enough it's a Blaupunkt single unit radio with AUX input. (no Bluetooth)

Another reason why my new iPhone is a 6S Plus and not a 7. :rolleyes:

Glassed Silver:mac

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
Anyone know which devices are having support dropped in iOS 11?

iPhone 5 and 5c won't be eligible for update since they have a 32bit CPU
iPad mini 2 and iPad Air have 64bit and they're compatible with iOS 11, while the 4th generation iPad is not

Reactions: seecoolguy

seecoolguy

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2007
I really like the new Control Center!

Still no dark mode :(

Any why are they bringing Music App's oversized UI to AppStore and Messages? :(

I think there are a lot of people who need glasses for reading, I figure evidence one, the larger smartphones, evidence two, the larger icons/text/zoom features.

It makes sense if you can't see, but maybe we should teach those people's eye seeing dogs to manage the phone for them :p lol hahaha
[doublepost=1496758867][/doublepost]
iPhone 5 and 5c won't be eligible for update since they have a 32bit CPU
iPad mini 2 and iPad Air have 64bit and they're compatible with iOS 11, while the 4th generation iPad is not
iirc, the 4th gen iPad is the A6X processor, I think A7 was the first 64bit cpu, which makes sense why the 4th Gen iPad is no longer supported as all 32bit support is being deprecated in iOS 11.

*iPad 4th Gen processor edited for accuracy

Last edited:

macdragonfl

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale,Fl
iirc, the 4th gen iPad is the A6 processor, I think A7 was the first 64bit cpu, which makes sense why the 4th Gen iPad is no longer supported as all 32bit support is being deprecated in iOS 11.[/QUOTE]

It is actually a A6X, it is 32 bit.

Samuel Bradshaw

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2014
I'm not sure why everyone's saying there are no new changes. There are tons of changes to the look and feel, from the cellular bars, to the control center, a new font I don't remember seeing before in Notes, and bold (Apple Music/News-esque) fonts in several of the native apps (Mail, Notes, Settings, Photos, Contacts, Calendar), which is a whole new paradigm that seems to be touching everything. A tweaked dock on the iPhone (no longer shows the names of the apps in the dock), new animations on the lock screen, when opening/closing apps, etc. – from a look and feel standpoint, I think this is the biggest visual overhaul since iOS 7 (not as big a change as iOS 7 was, but the biggest since then). Then there's the Files app and drag and drop within apps, handwriting recognition / searchability in Notes, some customization of the control center, redesigned App Store, easier instant sharing of screenshots after you take them, screen video recording... all of the above just on the iPhone. Then you look at the iPad and you have a dock, spaces, drag and drop between applications, keyboard improvements... I'm very pleased with the update.

Last edited:
Reactions: kruegdude
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.