Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
This update has rendered my 11 Pro unusable! When using volume controls the phone won’t respond properly. Touching the screen has also stopped working properly. Can’t listen to music when it does select a tune it cuts out every few seconds. Never seen this before in an update.

General/Reset/Reset All Settings

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
3 updates now and not one of my bugs fixed. I mean they were debugging camera bugs and failed to realize/debug the fact that the Preserve Settings function for the camera isn't working right? I have that setting turned off (which means it should default back to photo when you relaunch the app) and it still preserves the setting - i.e. if you set it to video, then kill the app and restart, it should go back to photo, but it's holding on video...wtf.

Is it just me or does it seem like the bug fixes they keep making updates for are bugs few people here are complaining about?

Agree. WTF is up with the badly broken Mail and Messages notifications and sounds? BTW/FWIW, that Preserve Settings function didn't work in 12, either, so extra demerits for having it still broken in 13.1.2.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
All these points updates and still a buggy mess, especially iPad OS.

F846A994-27FA-4FE4-8A39-3A239BD3C913.jpeg

Safari is especially buggy. Often times I’ll be on a website or doing a google search and half the page will go completely white. If you rearranged tabs and drag one too far to the left (or right) it creates a new Safari instance and the tab shows up in slide over mode. There’s no way that I can find to drag that instance into the other instance and make it a tab again.

digitalexplr

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2016
Central Missouri

View attachment 865320

Safari is especially buggy. Often times I’ll be on a website or doing a google search and half the page will go completely white. If you rearranged tabs and drag one too far to the left (or right) it creates a new Safari instance and the tab shows up in slide over mode. There’s no way that I can find to drag that instance into the other instance and make it a tab again.

Strange. Not having any issues on iPadOS 13.1.2. Even mail is working fine.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Strange. Not having any issues on iPadOS 13.1.2. Even mail is working fine.
It’s very buggy for me. But I also have a crap iPad that has touch responsiveness issues. Often times the display won’t respond to taps or scrolling. Very annoying.

photoj2754

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2013
Akron
Anyone else having problems with Safari after 13.1.1 update? After 5 to 10 minutes pages won't load and screen goes blank. Have to re-start my iPad Pro to clear it. Just installed 13.1.2 so hoping it clears it up.

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
iOS 13 has to be one the worse releases of all time. The bad thing is is that there really aren't that many things different than iOS 12. And they still haven't even given us all of the features that were announced at the Keynote... Not a good look at all.

Nacho98

Suspended
Jul 11, 2019
Agree. WTF is up with the badly broken Mail and Messages notifications and sounds? BTW/FWIW, that Preserve Settings function didn't work in 12, either, so extra demerits for having it still broken in 13.1.2.

Another one I'm getting tired of is a lack of key feedback/visible depression animations when replying to texts from the lock screen. Also seeing this same bug elsewhere periodically, but pretty much always when replying to texts on the lockscreen. Think of using a number pad at something like an electronic parking meter where the numbers have ZERO feedback, that's what the keyboard is doing at times.

And still have some apps that keep defaulting to Ask for location services despite selecting Never. You can select whatever option you want, a checkmark appears next to whatever option you pick, but as soon as you back out of the menu it goes right back to Ask. Capital One and Gmail apps for me. This is probably the most annoying one because it's an actual setting I need to keep checking on after each update to see if I can actually set it correctly.

gdjsnyder

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Swoyersville, PA
Still waiting on a Mail.app fix. Each update I have been praying. 13.1 was much better than 13.0, but there is still a lot of work left to do with it.

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
The funny thing is during all the iOS 13 beta process me and a couple of other people said iOS 13 was clearly not ready for public release and it was as worse as iOS 11 was and many people replied like "you're crazy, its super stable!!!". Now we have like 3 update post release in less than a week and I still have bugs I complained since the beginning.

Looks like we are right, iOS 13 was definitively not ready.

Darkhorse1

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2019
Even after updating to IOS 13.1.2 on my iPhone X, still having issues with Mail App, Location Settings, Safari being slow, and sometimes I get half the screen white, unable to attach files to my emails, and the contact app doesn't return to the contact list when you close it, the last contact page remains open the next time I come to open the contact app, IOS 13 still needs alot of work, very buggy

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
when I got to work today after the recent update from the other night, I noticed my camera was indeed affected by the blurry focus bug. I was able to update to this and it indeed fixed it.

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
Been seeing a weird bug in the weather app. After viewing the forecasts for a few different cities, it will suddenly refresh and snap me back to the first city I was looking at.
[automerge]1569905431[/automerge]

View attachment 865320

You can merge all windows in iPad safari. I think it’s a long press on the window icon (or maybe the tab icon?) to make the option appear.

roberthodgson

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
I did the update last night and I sent one of the animated emojis and noticed they now flicker and shake has any one else noticed this when sending a Imessage

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I'm worried this will jinx it, but this morning after turning my phone on all my notifications INCLUDING MAIL worked. ding ding! They actually made a sound, showed on the notification screen and didn't immediately disappear.

Not only that, but my Mail badge was correct and when I opened it my mails were there waiting for me to deal with them. It's a novel experience after so many weeks.

I'm still surprised why Apple released a full 13.1.2 upgrade on us beta testers right before (one assumes) 13.2 beta is due out, but I wonder whether they just wanted us to do a full iOS install rather than incremental updates. Whatever the reason, 13.1.2 is working well here on my 6S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.