Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Mess

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2008
Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
Carrier Version is listed for UK Three as 37 but my phone displays 38 currently on 13.1... 98B43AD0-A19F-4348-AF1C-54C3D8E5A324.jpeg

Last edited:

teeshot44

macrumors 65816
Aug 8, 2015
US
3 updates now and not one of my bugs fixed. I mean they were debugging camera bugs and failed to realize/debug the fact that the Preserve Settings function for the camera isn't working right? I have that setting turned off (which means it should default back to photo when you relaunch the app) and it still preserves the setting - i.e. if you set it to video, then kill the app and restart, it should go back to photo, but it's holding on video...wtf.

Is it just me or does it seem like the bug fixes they keep making updates for are bugs few people here are complaining about?

Same with my camera. Reported it and still won't work.
[automerge]1569924538[/automerge]
You guys that are having issues, have you done a simple reboot after update?

Numerous times. As well as wipes, reinstalls, etc., etc., etc.

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
Battery life on my XS Max is terrible since 13.1.1. At 9am I had 100%. Use my phone only for a few short moments. Now it’s 12:44pm and I have 79% left.

mamut

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2016
This happens only on my 11 Pro, not on my XS, I have enabled ''change with buttons'', tried with enabled and disabled

When I am on home screen and i change volume, that volume doesn't affect keyboard typing, iphone lock sound, or notifications. It only affects ringer volume.

I need to go into some application, for example voice memos, and there I set up my volume bar that will affect my notifications or keyboard clicks

I hope that you can understand my issue
biggrin.png

on XS when I change volume on home screen, that is for ringtone, notifications, keybaord/lock sound

(tried phone restart, iOS 13.1.2)

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Woke up this morning to find that all of my cards, including my Apple Card, are being declined on my iPhone 11 Pro Max even though there’s plenty on all of my cards. My Family Sharing came back declined, although my pre-order for Toy Story 4 went thru.

EDIT: Whelp, I tried again, selecting my own debt card as my default card instead, which I tried earlier, and it took it. But then it charged my Family Sharing to my Apple Card not the Debt Card. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

kobby2k6

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2018
Northern Virginia
I am 13.1.1 (mostly stable minus overheating issue at times doing basic tasks) but I will wait till 13.2 before updating again (based off the feedback here). I hope Apple has all the bugs or the real deal breaking ones ironed out by then

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Battery life on my XS Max is terrible since 13.1.1. At 9am I had 100%. Use my phone only for a few short moments. Now it’s 12:44pm and I have 79% left.
My experience has been the opposite. Off the charger at 7am yesterday and am currently at 63%. Battery dropped from 72 to 68 percent overnight (I normally charge while I sleep but was curious of standby drain).

batt.jpg

cigz

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2016
Pretty sure its a software issue as i never noticed it before 13.1.1. 11 pro for me. Is the issue on an XS for you?
I have to tap more than once since i got my iPhone X with iOS11 on it and at this point i don't know if it's something with the phone or software.

Also - i updated to 13.1.2 and i STILL have problems with Apple Pay... My first transaction in the store today and terminal gave an error and iPhone thought the payment went through... Really not sure what's going on with it. It's been working fine before updating to 13.1

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I upgraded my iPad Mini 5 to 13.1.2 just a while ago and played around with it for five minutes and it seems fine. I'm upgrading my 7+ right now. One minor issue with 13.1.1 that I found this morning - tapping twice used to select a word in Notes. It now seems to grab three words. I haven't played with it to determine if it's going after sentences, phrases or a number of words but it's annoying.

hNicolas

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2008
Ottawa, ON
I'm worried this will jinx it, but this morning after turning my phone on all my notifications INCLUDING MAIL worked. ding ding! They actually made a sound, showed on the notification screen and didn't immediately disappear.

Not only that, but my Mail badge was correct and when I opened it my mails were there waiting for me to deal with them. It's a novel experience after so many weeks.

I'm still surprised why Apple released a full 13.1.2 upgrade on us beta testers right before (one assumes) 13.2 beta is due out, but I wonder whether they just wanted us to do a full iOS install rather than incremental updates. Whatever the reason, 13.1.2 is working well here on my 6S.
Same here all working very well now. I can’t find anything to complain about?? iPhone XR

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Same here all working very well now. I can’t find anything to complain about?? iPhone XR
I'm still trying to find something to complain about. Another long-running issue is my phone dropping from WiFi to 4G (despite being at home with stable WiFi) during FaceTime audio calls, typically when the person I'm calling has connectivity issues. It's like my phone either wants to drop my end of the call in sympathy or senses a bad connection and is too stupid to work out the issue isn't my end.

This problem started during one of the first 13.0 betas and happens most days. It hasn't happened yet today so all I can say is that I can't prove it HASN'T been fixed. But I'm waiting. I kind of need something to moan about now that weeks of Mail issues seem to have been fixed.

EDIT: I posted below. Both my issues (first Mail notifications of the day, and WiFi on FT Audio calls) have returned :( But yeah, now I can complain again.

Last edited:
Reactions: hNicolas

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
The funny thing is during all the iOS 13 beta process me and a couple of other people said iOS 13 was clearly not ready for public release and it was as worse as iOS 11 was and many people replied like "you're crazy, its super stable!!!". Now we have like 3 update post release in less than a week and I still have bugs I complained since the beginning.

Looks like we are right, iOS 13 was definitively not ready.

I would’ve been happy with iOS 12 with dark mode. iPadOS is different because my experience with it has been nothing but great, even since beta 2 of iPadOS 13.0

Battery life on my iPhone 11 Pro stabilized with 13.1.1

Mail app, I can’t say because I now use Spark.

I missed how 3D Touch was on iOS 12 but I upgraded to the 11 Pro so now that doesn’t apply to me.

Reactions: SoYoung

VineRider

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2018
13.1.2 has been ok for me, but not as fluid as 12.4.1. My main issue with 13.1.2 is the swipe right gesture doesn't always work to go back a page in safari or apps. If you use a slow gesture, it sometimes (about 50% of the time) snaps back to the left and you have to swipe again to go back a page.

I don't use the stock mail app (I use Outlook) so no issues there for me, and battery life has been stellar on my 11 pro iPhone.

Reactions: bydandie

bydandie

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2009
I hate to say it, but I’ve found 13.0 PB8, 13.1, 13.1.x all to be great in terms of battery life and performance. The major issue that still exists for me since 13.1 public beta is the aggressive merging of photos that look similar in photos (Something that makes the people album unusable for me at present)

Hetletco

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2019
Woke up this morning to find that all of my cards, including my Apple Card, are being declined on my iPhone 11 Pro Max even though there’s plenty on all of my cards. My Family Sharing came back declined, although my pre-order for Toy Story 4 went thru.

EDIT: Whelp, I tried again, selecting my own debt card as my default card instead, which I tried earlier, and it took it. But then it charged my Family Sharing to my Apple Card not the Debt Card. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have a similar issue, seems more specific to the card associated with iTunes and the App Store. Apple says there’s an issue with my card, bank says they are approving all requests from Apple. Had to replace my card with a different card for it to work. Re-added the original card and it works for a day before Apple again says there’s an issue with my payment method. Was on the phone for hours with Apple and they can’t figure out why I can’t add the original card back and get it to work.

Reactions: gank41

aircanman

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2011
UK
Latest whatsapp seems to be having issues with 13.1.2 according to reviews on the app store, also it wont open for me on my 11 Pro, going back to my XS where it is working fine.

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
Aaaaaannnd... Lockscreen bug again. Couldn’t tap, couldn’t swipe. Nothing. Keyboard is still freezing. Later I’ve got a call. Couldn’t react to the call. I have this since iOS 12. Disabling the one hand handed mode is still horror. crApple didn’t fix this. Oh, come on.

Last edited:
Reactions: atlchamp
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.