Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

qisdtech

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2012
Texas
Beta 5 has been nothing but unstable on my 11 Pro Max, which is a shame as Beta 4 was rock stable with no issues.
Pretty much guaranteed to restart any time I lock the screen, has restarted 2 or 3 times when first opening an app after unlocking, and apps occasionally crash to home screen.
Have reported it via feedback app.

Hopefully Beta 6 comes out this week and fixes these things.
I'm on the 11 Pro Max as well and these same reboot issues happen for me mainly at the lock screen. May be something with FaceID causing a kernel panic which reboots the phone. I recorded no reboots overnight when I am not using the phone, but they increase to 8-15 per day depending upon how much I use the phone. I went back to 13.6.1 over the weekend, and had no reboots, however my watch is on 7, so I'm trying to stick it out on IOS 14 and hope for a fix. Feedback has been submitted :)

cheekyjeremy

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2009
App Library is buggy for me in Beta 5. Icons are occasionally unresponsive. Happens on both native and 3rd party apps. When I type the name at top of App Library they open fine, but clicking the icon in the library does nothing. It happens about half the time and rebooting seems to help for a very short while then it returns. Didn't have issue in previous Betas

Reactions: Sharkoneau

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
I'm on the 11 Pro Max as well and these same reboot issues happen for me mainly at the lock screen. May be something with FaceID causing a kernel panic which reboots the phone. I recorded no reboots overnight when I am not using the phone, but they increase to 8-15 per day depending upon how much I use the phone. I went back to 13.6.1 over the weekend, and had no reboots, however my watch is on 7, so I'm trying to stick it out on IOS 14 and hope for a fix. Feedback has been submitted :)

I have noticed my 11 Pro Max prompting for device passcode to enable faceID far too soon (and frequently) though I have yet to catch it actually rebooting or respringing. I do admit that it, of course, occurs when the device is locked and idle so it could simply be doing it while I am not looking at it, but like this post, doesn't seem to occur over night.

Waiting for Beta 6....

Reactions: Treble

Treble

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2013
Manchester UK
I have noticed my 11 Pro Max prompting for device passcode to enable faceID far too soon (and frequently) though I have yet to catch it actually rebooting or respringing. I do admit that it, of course, occurs when the device is locked and idle so it could simply be doing it while I am not looking at it, but like this post, doesn't seem to occur over night.

Waiting for Beta 6....
Same here reset Face ID seams to sort it

Peter Alexander

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2020
Calabasas, CA
Is Siri basically useless for anyone else? 7/10 times it just fails out with “Siri unavailable” or “there was a problem”. It’s been like this since the first public beta. I submitted feedback about it but I haven’t seen anyone else complaining about it.
hopefully a fix soon as i love using hey siri

devesh9

macrumors member
May 23, 2016
Has anyone got the ‘arrive’ and ‘leave’ shortcut automation working? I’ve setup my current location which is my home to trigger the cellular and WiFi on and off accordingly but it doesn’t trigger at all.

It doesn’t work. I’m unable to add my home location in the contact.

Enygmatic

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2015
Various
App Library is buggy for me in Beta 5. Icons are occasionally unresponsive. Happens on both native and 3rd party apps. When I type the name at top of App Library they open fine, but clicking the icon in the library does nothing. It happens about half the time and rebooting seems to help for a very short while then it returns. Didn't have issue in previous Betas
Same here; app library “all” folders with many apps (like Recently Added or Productivity) have delay in scrolling as well - introduced in b5

NabokovWhitman

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2020
Hey guys. I'm new here! :)
I installed iOS 14 beta 5 on my iPhone XS Max today and I noticed a "cellular error".
I have rebooted my phone, reset the network settings, turned my VPN and airplane mode on and off, but nothing has worked so far! Does anyone know how to fix this?

I am using an E-SIM, but I did all these steps with a physical SIM card as well.
Reinstalling the software with the ipsw file didn't work, because my iTunes keeps having an "error 10". :(

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
I installed iOS 14 beta 5 on my iPhone XS Max today and I noticed a "cellular error".
I have rebooted my phone, reset the network settings, turned my VPN and airplane mode on and off, but nothing has worked so far! Does anyone know how to fix this?

I am using an E-SIM, but I did all these steps with a physical SIM card as well.
Reinstalling the software with the ipsw file didn't work, because my iTunes keeps having an "error 10". :(

iTunes error 10 usually means you're not using the correct version of iTunes, so you need to be using MacOS Big Sur to use the IPSW.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ

Installing iOS betas via IPSW file requires the iOS 14 version of Xcode also be installed on the computer.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
11 ProMax - db5
Graphics
Something I saw in an earlier beta (2 or 3?) and now has come back with 5
I’ll be on a graphics intensive page like Google Search > Images or Pinterest or Deviant Art or ....
The graphics become colored blocks. Sometimes waiting for a minute or two fixes, sometimes a relaunch of the app, while others it takes a reboot. Reported via Feedback

9B01D85F-D95B-4093-8E52-C7FE2450594B.png > 7FB276AC-0713-479C-980F-CBD9129EB9DC.png

Dave.Inwood1988

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2019

No issues on my 11PM using an O2-UK E-Sim and also a BT Physical Sim

gtmead09

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2016
Does anyone else issues where it seems like alert sounds suddenly become higher volume? I had that this morning where my first letter type on the keyboard was so loud it made a horrible click. Then letters after that seemed fine.

Reactions: Jaggrey

MacKid1983

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2011
I have iPhone & iPad. I add calendar event to iPhone and it’s not showing up on iPad. I went to iPad calendar and it had a exclamation point on top of the mini red calendar in photo below and it said “Please verify account information” on sidebar in calendar. It ultimately went away and it still isn’t updating my events from my iPhone to iPad. I’m running beta 5 on both.

Attachments

• B696A293-890C-4C74-80CB-087F4F68E3DE.jpeg
    B696A293-890C-4C74-80CB-087F4F68E3DE.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 199
Reactions: dk001

buffer33

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2019
Strange weather widget display: sometimes horizontal and sometimes vertical....

Attachments

• F35736E2-971A-41F9-9CD1-845AB7409385.jpeg
    F35736E2-971A-41F9-9CD1-845AB7409385.jpeg
    372.6 KB · Views: 158
  • 387AF22A-D176-46CD-B7E5-629CC78C01AB.jpeg
    387AF22A-D176-46CD-B7E5-629CC78C01AB.jpeg
    378.6 KB · Views: 186

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Still seeing a mismatch between the Weather widget and the Weather app. Not just temp, but also forcasted high/low.
Does anyone know if they pull from different sources?

9E9451E6-704C-4C07-B811-40F89B111270.png 5FED7EEC-AAB4-4DFF-B933-EB29A5493E59.png
[automerge]1598371919[/automerge]
I have iPhone & iPad. I add calendar event to iPhone and it’s not showing up on iPad. I went to iPad calendar and it had a exclamation point on top of the mini red calendar in photo below and it said “Please verify account information” on sidebar in calendar. It ultimately went away and it still isn’t updating my events from my iPhone to iPad. I’m running beta 5 on both.

Not seeing that specific issue but have been having calendar issues between my IPP11 and 11PM and MB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.