Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
Can anyone confirm if the Copy//Paste bug has been fixed?
It was promised to be fixed, but MacRumours article makes no mention of it.

If I missed it, apologies.

full

centauratlas

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2003
Florida
That depends on your threat model. So if you're not targeted by a nation state, it's probably not a high priority
A lot of nice Feature updates, but there's also important security fixes too, including a zero-day fix. But no one seems to care about those...

I love how zero-day's are dismissed for ordinary users. Zero-day exploits are a problem for everyone. Think about how much information about you is on there - passwords, photos, videos, emails, house keys, private keys etc. Marvel2 is right, security fixes are critical. Anyone, anywhere can be targeted.

Hurda

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2009
Still holding out hope that they'll someday implement per-app volume settings. I'd love to be able to set important applications and their notifications louder than games and frivolous stuff. It's annoying to have a game come blasting out of my phone at full volume or have important app notifications go unnoticed because I cranked the volume way down.
Don't know about per app, but per use-case would be a good start and probably cover most cases, like

separate-ringtone-and-notification-volume-android-1_935adec67b324b146ff212ec4c69054f[1].jpg

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
“Clean energy charging” is ridiculous from a product assembled in a country where coal burning plants are rampant and dozens more are being built.
As crazy as it sounds, Apple says their operations in China have been carbon neutral for 2-3 years now.

But even if it weren't the case, according to your logic, if Apple's environment strategy is bad somewhere in their product life cycle, it means they shouldn't try to improve other areas?

Reggaenald

Suspended
Sep 26, 2021
Almost pointless update (for me). My 13 Pro don’t support dynamic island, clean energy charging is US only, Fitness+ apparently not available in my country yet.

Oh wait, I can delete the Wallet app! 🙄
Imagine how pointless the firmware update for AirPods might be for people that don’t have AirPods. Crazy, right? No.
No one cares.

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
Why is there no mention of faster ProRAW capture when taking 48mp photos with the 14 Pro's? That was a big-time update and makes shooting ProRAW much much enjoyable.

Reactions: PhilBoogie

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
I noticed that deleting a message from Messages now prompts you once to either "Delete" or "Delete and Report Junk". That's much better than the annoying two pop-up option in 16.0.

Reactions: LunarFalcon

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Just as I expected, the legibility of the new battery % is bad on my XR ever since they got rid of the solid background. I really wish I had the option to leave the background solid because the numbers are more than enough for me.

Last edited:

CarAnalogy

macrumors 601
Jun 9, 2021
How else would they know when the best time is to use the energy if they don’t know where you are?

I’m surprised so many people are upset about significant locations. People had that turned off? It enables most of the best features and I actually believe it is done privacy consciously. They make a very big deal about saying that it’s all on-device.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
How are you all choosing to utilize shared photo library? And why do we now have a "Family" album created by default in addition to the option for a shared photo library? Doesn't shared photo library kind of make the family album obsolete?

Right now I just started with an empty shared library because I can only imagine merging two libraries together would be a mess. We'll use the shared library going forward for new photos.

RoarinRow

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
How are you all choosing to utilize shared photo library? And why do we now have a "Family" album created by default in addition to the option for a shared photo library? Doesn't shared photo library kind of make the family album obsolete?

Right now I just started with an empty shared library because I can only imagine merging two libraries together would be a mess. We'll use the shared library going forward for new photos.
Yup I enabled shared photo library last night. But I'm sharing every photo with my 4 family members. We'll see how it goes sharing with our 5 libraries, includes mine, which is the largest. I'm only about 40% done copying photos to the new shared library as of this morning. I see some of the photos on the other devices already.

jimmysalg

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2007
Miami
Where is the “key sharing” functionality that was noted? Reports are that both HomeKey products, Level Lock+ and the Schlage Encode Plus both do not have any ability to share HomeKeys outside of adding someone completely into one’s home.

I have Lock+ and can confirm there’s no way to share currently.
I can confirm Lock+ as well, no key sharing

Reactions: tzilske

GravyonAPlane

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2015
Does anyone know how to enable the matter support? That was the one feature I was waiting for and I can't find it in settings->General. I just spent way too much money on Hunter Douglas blinds so I could automate them and they no longer work with HomeKit without matter support.

posguy99

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2004
Noting here that installing iOS 16.1 turned the useless Shared with You settings all back on in Messages. I do not use Books, I do not use News, I do not use Podcasts, I do not use Apple Music. Having to guess where the content actually is, is ridiculous.

targa88

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2021
Battery charging is taking ridiculously long since updating to 16.1 (2hrs + from 50%)

srgz

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2010
I upgraded my iPhone 13 Pro and now the screen is noticeably darker -- anyone else having this problem? Brightness on full and ABL turned off...

• Wow
Reactions: maxoakland
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.