Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

ttam110

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
ATT mobile carrier updated to 53.7.31

Hasn't been widely reported but this update is going to bring huge speed improvements to ATT users in midband coverage areas (aka 5g+) . Enables DoD spectrum + Carrier Aggregation on NR.

Last edited:
Looks like stability and performance have been improved! Improvements being made. So that’s good.

D81816BD-A06C-4E4D-86B9-50B94977E0B1.jpeg

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Btw you can now update to Dev Beta 2 from Public Beta with Public Beta Profile installed.

In my opinion OTA Profiles are now officially redundant.

Reactions: planetf1

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016
Just got a pretty nasty hang/freeze upon swiping up to close the Watch app and then some more stutters and general jank while moving a few apps between home screen, folders, and App Library. I'd just performed reinstallation via IPSW (maybe it's just me, but at this point it seems this double-dip method reliably causes buggy behavior @sbailey4 :rolleyes:). Anyway, hopefully things will smooth out once again after a full restart or two, as usually seems to be the case.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Just got a pretty nasty hang/freeze upon swiping up to close the Watch app and then some more stutters and general jank while moving a few apps between home screen, folders, and App Library. I'd just performed reinstallation via IPSW (maybe it's just me, but at this point it seems this double-dip method reliably causes buggy behavior @sbailey4 :rolleyes:). Anyway, hopefully things will smooth out once again after a full restart or two, as usually seems to be the case.
I think you are ready for iPhone 15 and iOS 17.

maryland

Suspended
Aug 24, 2022
This is extremely minor but I’d swear the black shadowy thing behind the letters used to be a lot brighter and hard to read when using a lighter wallpaper in previous betas, but now it looks A LOT better.
Thanks for mentioning this. You say previous betas, but how would you compare what you see with stable 16.3 or 16.3.1, for example?

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
Apple Music handoff between HomePod and iPhone is still completely broken.

However, the issue in the Music app where the time, battery, and signal indicator would appear black in the Now Playing section in Light Mode has been fixed.

teeshot44

macrumors 65816
Aug 8, 2015
US
Btw you can now update to Dev Beta 2 from Public Beta with Public Beta Profile installed.

In my opinion OTA Profiles are now officially redundant.
Don’t even need the PB profile installed at all. I simply selected the developer beta instead of the public beta in updates. Haven’t been a paid developer for a number of years. I had removed the PB profile after B1.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Don’t even need the PB profile installed at all. I simply selected the developer beta instead of the public beta in updates. Haven’t been a paid developer for a number of years. I had removed the PB profile after B1.
I thought try it whilst IPSW file was downloading. I think it will all change when iOS 17 is announced.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.