Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
And people think this company is going to usher in some new panacea era of AR/VR?

They can’t even bring out “Lock Screen tweaks” to iPad and iPhone at the same time

Reactions: miamialley

Bubble99

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2015
It's nonsense like this which has held me off buying Apple for years, just got an iPad and found it can't do CarPlay, it can't work with an Apple Watch, it doesn't have many of the small settings iOS has like battery care, and now won't get new features like this lock screen one.

It has an M1 chip for goodness sake! But Apple don't want people having the best experience on anything other than the most profitable product lines. iOS should have complete parity with iPadOS, it just confuses average consumers.
And sadly this going to be the norm now. Next year there will be new features for iOS and iPadOS will not get it to the next year.

But look at Mac OS every year they are getting very small set of features compared to iOS.

Reactions: Levendis and NC12

JohannesO

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2022
Is it still the case in iPadOS 16.1

Lock Screen Customizations Not Coming to iPadOS 16​

macguru212

macrumors demi-god
Apr 17, 2009
AZ/NYC/Tokyo
Yes :( just updated to 16.1 and literally can’t see that anything has changed.
Stage manager is extremely pointless, it’s less productive than split screen.
Lol I just upgraded my iPad, expecting lock screen customization- because of all that wonderful screen real estate it would be perfect. But yeah, no. 😕

0kaay

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2022

With iOS 16, Apple is giving users unprecedented levels of customization for the Lock Screen, letting them change the font and colors, add widgets, and so much more. None of those customization features, however, are coming to iPadOS 16.

ipados-16-lock-screen.jpg

While in most releases, iOS and iPadOS share many of the same features, this year there seems to be a larger separation between the two platforms. On iPadOS 16, at least in its initial first beta, users can not customize their lock screen with custom widgets, colors, and themes. Instead, Apple has just changed the default font for the clock.

Despite iPadOS 16 missing out on the lock screen customization features, it remains a significant release. Most notably, Apple has brought window support for M1-based iPads with a new feature called "Stage Manager." iPadOS 16 also beings desktop-class app features to the iPad such as new context menus, undo and redo in more apps, and more.

iPadOS 16 and iOS 16, alongside watchOS 9 and macOS Ventura, are available to developers for beta testing, with public betas planned for each in July.

Article Link: iOS 16 Lock Screen Customizations Not Coming to iPadOS 16
so now i’m stuck with the ugly time widget until ipados17

SamuraiArtGuy

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2010
Eastern Panhandle, WV, USA
But look at Mac OS every year they are getting very small set of features compared to iOS.

To be sure, iOS and iPhones are the blippin’ moneymakers, along with services, which includes their 30% “piece of the action”. Os course as a Creative Pro, I spend my days at a Mac, and I prefer desktops and some screen real estae - and we’ve become 2nd class citizens. All their best engineers seems to be pulled off of Mac OS to work on iOS, and we get abominations like the new settings app on Ventura, which is essentially a very badly executed iOS port.

** mutter grumble rant **

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.